New Topic Respond to this Topic
AcronymSix
AcronymSix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Prospective Voice Actor Here Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:34 PM Reply

So, I've been thinking for quite some time about whether or not I should go for voice acting on the side along with my other main focus which is art. And, in this process, I decided that good ol' Newgrounds would be the best possibly venue for me to train my voice acting, make connections, and possibly even land a couple of roles. What I would like to know is very simple.

What do animators mainly look for in voice actors?
Is there a pre-made script I can use to build a demo from?
What is best to include in a demo in general?
What should I do for my demo if I don't have/can't find an existing script to work from?

As far as my voice type goes...well, I'll be honest. I'm not really sure how to describe it in precise vocal jargen (i.e. baritone, tenor, etc.) But, I would describe it as generally soft on the ears in about a mid tone. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Barry White and 10 being like...I dunno...Spongebob...I'm about anywhere from a 4-6. Right in the middle. Yup. I'm capable of reaching high pitches and low pitches alike, and if I train with it for a short while I can take on a range of accents. I'll admit, I have a little trouble rolling my r's sometimes, but I don't really do that very much for any reason. So, that's where practice would really come in handy.

Uhmmmm...well, anyway. I can't really think of more ways to describe my voice that would be at all relevant to this idea. If anybody has any tips, hints, questions, etc whatevs for me that could possibly help in what I'm trying to do, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance!

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Prospective Voice Actor Here Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:05 PM Reply

Hello. There are three places you might want to look at as a voice actor.

First of all there's the two places you can advertise yourself: the voice actor advertisement thread and the collabinator. Those are built so we don't get too many threads like these ;). Read the first and the last few posts of the thread and then post something like you posted just now on both of them. Someone will find you.

About the script thing, there's a voice actor searching thread as well. Read the first post and then the last two pages to see if there's any job you're interested in.

I don't have any experience with voice acting, but having a "song" up on the art portal which is you saying a script you like or something like that might be a good idea. You can link people who like to know what you sound like to that.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
AcronymSix
AcronymSix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Prospective Voice Actor Here Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

Many many thanks =D That is very helpful. ^__^