00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else?

2,223 Views | 33 Replies

Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 00:51:03

Hi guys, I guess this isn't the right forum in general to be on about drugs, but I'm sure plenty of us are on drugs anyway. I've been here the longest so I usually come to this forum when I'm hoping for support.

I'm currently a weed smoker, regularly. About three times a day. Today I'm out, and withdrawal is setting in. I feel irritable and in a pit of depression and qq. I'm a prick to everyone when I'm like this; it's like when people quit cigarettes. I know it's not "physically addictive", but damn do I feel awful.

Hold me, NG?

TLICTDIG

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 00:55:38

I wish I could help!

PS. Where have you been hiding?

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 00:57:56

Ive been there and done that man. really its something you gotta control. i used to be an asshole smoking weed. the stuff can make you go batshit crazy if youre too deep in the whole damn thing man. Just limit yourself from it man. Then when you feel like smoking more go ahead and puff it. i know theres no life threaten shit in weed but keep in mind the shit can change you in a instant. Just dont allow it man. if you think you should quit its your choice bro. i hope this helps.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 00:59:58

At 2/27/13 12:55 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: be careful with cannabis . . . it's extremely addictive and damaging to your physical and mental health. i recommend you talk to a general practitioner or rehabilitation centre if you need help to kick your addiction

--supergandhi64

Its not addictive. only the person thats smoking makes it addictive.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:00:51

At 2/27/13 12:59 AM, PotHeadParadise wrote:

Denial.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:01:24

I know how you feel. I have to get a job so I quit smoking. I've been a little more down than usual lately; i'm assuming due to lack of some chemical that my brain hasn't been making because the chemicals in marijuana have been taking their place. Or something, idk. It's definitely not physically addicting, I can quit smoking no problem. It's just really the only thing that makes me happy.

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:03:29

I can't stop not smoking weed. Do I need help?!

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:04:45

At 2/27/13 01:00 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote:
At 2/27/13 12:59 AM, PotHeadParadise wrote:

Denial.

no addictive chemical= can not be addicting. I can go 2 months without smoking it. these hyperactive kids go overboard with the shit. people gotta learn to slow down. i had to learn it the hard way.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:06:14

Just like beer you gotta limit the use of weed or else you will really get fucked up.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:12:45

I've been mostly under my stump. Lol. I think I'm going to be active on this site again, the mix of personalities and interests is really nice.

I don't so much plan on quitting forever, but as was mentioned, I think it's more of a need to slow down and smell the roses. It's not physically addictive, but the positive, lovely feelings can be addictive. (Like you said with gambling.)

And damn it if I can't get motivated when I'm sober. I'm a very productive stoner; I work hard, I have a spotless everything. When I'm out, even my girlfriend starts to bust my ass about how much of a mope I can be.

There's definitely a withdrawal from weed when you stop abruptly from a high amount of use. Personally I was smoking around two to six grams a day, depending on the week and how my crop went. That isn't to say I wouldn't recommend it to someone, I still enjoy a lot.

TLICTDIG

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:16:19

Weed does decrease performance, though. I go next door and play pool frequently. Usually i'll smoke 2 or 3 joints during the games. I play with a dude who owns the pool table and has been playing at least 10 years. He usually kicks my ass. But since I quit smoking, the past two times I've gone over there and played I've actually won way more and done noticeably better.

Side note: I took the ASVAB high (I forgot I was supposed to take it that day, I smoked a doobie before school and then when I got to school remembered we were taking the ASVAB that day)

I got a 95 on the AFQT which means I did better than 95% of all people who took it.
Go figure

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:33:15

three times a day huh?

Well I'd tell you to cut back but that'd be impossible

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 01:41:56

lmao @ op being whacked out poo brain

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 02:13:14

My sides, this is great.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 02:20:56

Who says stoners aren't smart?

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 02:35:26

All i got to say is "use it don't abuse it" might sound cliche but it's the proper way to puff the hay

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 02:42:26

At 2/27/13 02:20 AM, Dragonmas121 wrote: Who says stoners aren't smart?

We humbly congratulate you upon scoring a grade of 69 in Mrs. Blurry's fourth hour class of Blurry Knowledge at Blurton High Blur

PS The ASVAB is easy you idiot

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 02:59:53

maybe you should lay off the processed conventional aspartame and smoke organic kush then youll feel better

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 05:09:29

At 2/27/13 05:07 AM, Chemich wrote: Please learn about the "drug" before you spout stupid shit about it, people.

Congratulations on your pharmacy degree from Erowid. Please learn about addictive behavior and chemical abuse before spouting stupid shit about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 05:28:39

At 2/27/13 05:13 AM, Chemich wrote:
So you'll neglect the one site that takes information from actual scientists themselves and complies information about said drugs into one encyclopedia?

Erowid is far from being any sort of academic bastion of neurochemical study. It's mostly just full of idiots cutting up nutmeg and posting trip reports after shoving it up their assholes.

A lot of information on there is also un-validated/uncited and open for user submission. It's not viewed by anybody with an academic background in psychotropics as anything more than the wikipedia of drugs, which is basically what it is.

Congratulations on your pharmacy degree from ignorance, please learn about the drugs themselves before trying to create an already moot rebuttal.

Well I thought getting my degree in these things helped stave away my ignorance, but if you have a better suggestion for that, feel free to bounce some ideas off of me.

Then again what else do I expect from the know-it-all jackasses of Newgrounds?

An awful lot if the above isn't good enough, apparently.

"Oh a drug I've never used must be terrible in said ways because everyone else says so."

Please don't tell me you're stupid enough to think you're the only high schooler out there who has ever smoked weed.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 05:45:27

At 2/27/13 05:33 AM, Chemich wrote:
SNIP
Are we done yet?

Yeah. Because I never made any claims. I frankly couldn't care less if the OP smokes himself retarded with six grams a day (jesus christ, if you aren't getting stoned off of one gram, you might want to re-evaluate which drug you're taking from an economic standpoint alone), and I never made any claims about marijuana dependency. I'm just pointing out, as others in this thread have, that going around saying "marijuana is completely non habit forming and chronic abuse of it isn't symptomatic of any psychiatric/personality problems at all!" is ass backwards stupid and fairly irresponsible. If people can manage to completely fuck their lives up with alcohol dependency, they can do it with marijuana as well.

I think you'll need a refund on that degree, everything's pretty much addictive whether prescribed or not. Marijuana is a very low level risk of addiction in comparison, also it's harm risk is just as low as it's addiction level. You're trying very hard to sound convincing that you know what you're talking about, and I respect the fact that you may or may not have a degree in such things.

I really don't, because nothing I said was remotely inaccurate.

But if you think Marijuana is a huge problem regarding addiction, you've obviously haven't seen the pill addicts that get prescribed their own poison.

I don't, and the chemical dependency of other drug abusers doesn't help your point any. Again, alcohol is a good comparison here. People abusing opiates and barbiturates may develop a quicker physical dependency on the substance, but take a quick look at alcoholism rates in the United States and tell me you think that means alcohol isn't a high risk for substance abuse.

At least Marijuana is organic; grown from the ground, and not altered in a lab.

So is Arsenic, Nightshade, Opium, and psilocybin. All of which have potentially fatal effects!

Sounds to me like if you do have a degree, you've gotten ripped off pretty damn bad.

Now please, go push your "degree" elsewhere.

I wasn't pushing my education, I'm telling you that reading a poorly constructed drug database doesn't make you "educated". It makes you slightly more educated than the average popping CCC's in civics class.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:01:41

Out of curiousity, is the OP putting tobacco in their joints? The 'withdrawal' and 'addiction' can be greatly exacerbated with that shit.

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:05:23

At 2/27/13 06:01 AM, Earfetish wrote: Out of curiousity, is the OP putting tobacco in their joints? The 'withdrawal' and 'addiction' can be greatly exacerbated with that shit.

You'd think he'd be cutting it with something if he's smoking six grams a day. Thena gain this kid probably just pushes stacks of grape swishers and buds into a fire pit in his garden shed and hotboxes like a robot that runs on monoxide.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:24:33

At 2/27/13 02:42 AM, Famas wrote:
At 2/27/13 02:20 AM, Dragonmas121 wrote: Who says stoners aren't smart?
We humbly congratulate you upon scoring a grade of 69 in Mrs. Blurry's fourth hour class of Blurry Knowledge at Blurton High Blur

PS The ASVAB is easy you idiot

How about a PSAT score of 202, which translates into an SAT score of 2020?
PS I'd like to see your ASVAB score If i'm such an idiot

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:34:22

At 2/27/13 06:05 AM, Famas wrote: You'd think he'd be cutting it with something if he's smoking six grams a day. Thena gain this kid probably just pushes stacks of grape swishers and buds into a fire pit in his garden shed and hotboxes like a robot that runs on monoxide.

Yeah six grams a day is stupid, especially since he said he smokes three times a day. Two grams in every joint? He said he was growing, maybe he's smoking 'six grams' of plant matter every day, 1 gram of which is bud. Or maybe he is talking shit. I don't know why you'd want to smoke six grams every day.

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:34:44

glad im not the only one that knows that weed is not addictive. People need to soon realize that man. Also some of the suggestions are true just limit yourself and youll be fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:40:12

At 2/27/13 06:34 AM, Earfetish wrote:
Or maybe he is talking shit. I don't know why you'd want to smoke six grams every day.

That's the more likely story. Anybody who needs that much weed to get high would just start smoking hash instead. He's just exaggerating like most people in high school do.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:42:13

At 2/27/13 06:40 AM, Famas wrote: That's the more likely story. Anybody who needs that much weed to get high would just start smoking hash instead. He's just exaggerating like most people in high school do.

Maybe he's not figured out how to inhale.

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 06:43:50

At 2/27/13 06:42 AM, Earfetish wrote:
Maybe he's not figured out how to inhale.

Then no wonder he's depressed.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Withdrawal -- Anyone Else? 2013-02-27 15:15:46

Wuggawoot. dont listen to the people do what your own mind tell you bro.

BBS Signature