New Topic Respond to this Topic
megadrivesonic
megadrivesonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
intous4 not working 2013-02-26 21:26:14 Reply

well this is just fantastic, it appears my old genius tablet the one i've been using since i discovered pressure sensitivity died. It seemed to stop functioning on me in the middle of drawing. The only tablet i have right now is a wacom intous4 that that's not working at all( just after i got the darn thing too) so since that wasn't working i've been using my old one. But now that my old one is dead im screwed, with a wacom device that isn't working. I may have to call dell or wacom since its more likely the computer doing this but i have a feeling there gonna charge me to say the have no idea whats wrong. If there's anyone who knows how to fix the issues of a dysfunctional intous4( the cursor wont move at all when plugged in) please contact me. Of all times for this to happen, my genius decides to die now.

if your interested in me doing comminsions, here are my prices

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to intous4 not working 2013-02-26 22:44:50 Reply

At 2/26/13 09:26 PM, megadrivesonic wrote: well this is just fantastic, it appears my old genius tablet the one i've been using since i discovered pressure sensitivity died. It seemed to stop functioning on me in the middle of drawing. The only tablet i have right now is a wacom intous4 that that's not working at all( just after i got the darn thing too) ...

Did the Intous4 NEVER work? Or did it work for a short time after you got it? If it never worked, it could be a driver issue. If it stopped working after a while the cable could be broken. (Unless you deinstalled the driver). If you use Windows though, the cursor should move even without the correct driver, because of Windows default drivers that make it usable as a mouse at least.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to intous4 not working 2013-02-26 23:04:51 Reply

its a sign from god to stop making pony pics

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
megadrivesonic
megadrivesonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to intous4 not working 2013-02-26 23:10:14 Reply

At 2/26/13 10:44 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 2/26/13 09:26 PM, megadrivesonic wrote: well this is just fantastic, it appears my old genius tablet the one i've been using since i discovered pressure sensitivity died. It seemed to stop functioning on me in the middle of drawing. The only tablet i have right now is a wacom intous4 that that's not working at all( just after i got the darn thing too) ...
Did the Intous4 NEVER work? Or did it work for a short time after you got it? If it never worked, it could be a driver issue. If it stopped working after a while the cable could be broken. (Unless you deinstalled the driver). If you use Windows though, the cursor should move even without the correct driver, because of Windows default drivers that make it usable as a mouse at least.

i forgot to specify, it didnt work right out of the box, at this point i can only guess its dells fault since they screwed me over this much already. im at wits end and am not sure whats causing the problem all wacom tells me is to keep re installing till it works.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to intous4 not working 2013-02-27 04:33:22 Reply

When you plug it in.. does your computer find it?

Does it come with a message box "tablet currently not running"

is there a blue light on and nothing else / is the blue light on and all the text showing?

BBS Signature
megadrivesonic
megadrivesonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to intous4 not working 2013-06-12 18:19:22 Reply

At 2/27/13 04:33 AM, LegolaSS wrote: When you plug it in.. does your computer find it?

Does it come with a message box "tablet currently not running"

is there a blue light on and nothing else / is the blue light on and all the text showing?

all the lights are showing but no mouse movement and there is no message box

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to intous4 not working 2013-06-12 19:14:01 Reply

At 6/12/13 06:19 PM, megadrivesonic wrote:
all the lights are showing but no mouse movement and there is no message box

Sounds like its a computer issue rather then the tablet itself, if its installed correctly there must be something blocking it on your computer...

the only issues i have is when my system updates, then i sometimes have to re-install it... i wish i could be more helpful.

BBS Signature