New Topic Respond to this Topic
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Why am I getting bad reviews? 2013-02-26 21:14:44 Reply

I keep getting bad reviews from my two games School Shooting Sim Lite and School Shooting Sim 2, what am I doing wrong?

original I am.

BBS Signature
EpicMooCow
EpicMooCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why am I getting bad reviews? 2013-02-26 22:13:08 Reply

Well, I played both of them and I'll tell you exactly why you're getting bad reviews.

Graphics consist of very, very poorly drawn people who wave their arms around. Must have taken you like a minute. Based on this information, it is very clear that the guns were not drawn by you and instead were a copy and pasted image that is on the side of your screen and moves back each time you click the mouse. The background is also very clearly a copy and pasted image from most likely Google images. NEVER use a real life picture for a flash game unless you know what you're doing with it, and even then it's not advised. You can probably get away with the gun, however, I would stick to your own drawings.

The flash game consists of maybe two or three seconds of gameplay in a loop over and over again. You click your mouse over and over and over and over and over and over again. There's absolutely no enjoyment in it. This game AT BEST represents something that could be used as a loading screen. As for your "sequel", if it can even be called that, you literally almost changed nothing. All you did was recolor the characters, (maybe a minute at the most) copy and paste some more guns that do the exact same thing as the first one, (maybe three to five minutes of work) and add a really sloppily made mute button. I highly recommend that rather than trying to fix the problems, just create a whole new game entirely.

I could type more, but that's about it. Just stop making games, improve yourself, and then next time you think you've made something really good, post it. There's no need to rush. Also, maybe looking at the games on the Game Portal might benefit you a bit.