Be a Supporter!

Legalizing weed is so far away

  • 1,876 Views
  • 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 08:38 PM Reply

This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 08:58 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 08:38 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.

Signing up just to make a gimmick account and post a thread like this is too much effort for an actual pothead to exert.

Not a convincing trolling 3/10


"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 08:58 PM, Famas wrote:
At 2/26/13 08:38 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.
Signing up just to make a gimmick account and post a thread like this is too much effort for an actual pothead to exert.

Not a convincing trolling 3/10

Trolling man? Shit I don't flow that way. You got someone mixed up man.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Eh I seldom agree with Camaro but, pretty much this.

PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

shit bro harsh. speaking my mind and feelings.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:37 PM Reply

Crazy shit gun laws they should let people be on let people own their things. i know things been crazy but respect the things that people own. I don't own a gun so they shouldnt take away weed away either.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 11:37 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: Crazy shit gun laws they should let people be on let people own their things. i know things been crazy but respect the things that people own. I don't own a gun so they shouldnt take away weed away either.

Um what do you mean? I mean two states have already legalized weed, what could be done right now? I think Congress at this point especially since it's days away from destroying the economy has more important things to care about than legalizing weed or hell even gun control.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:52 PM Reply

yeah i dont know. The government rolls the dice on anything these days man. crazy.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

How is the view up there on your high horse?


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do.

That doesn't mean it's particularly expensive or difficult to do compared to the other issues, might as well get it out of the way if you think it's going to be done.

...and I know the issue for you isn't "there's more important things". You've said before that you're against legalization.

Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Because everyone that cares about the legalization of cannabis is wasting their life away.

Famas
Famas
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:26 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:28 AM, Entice wrote:
Because everyone that cares about the legalization of cannabis is wasting their life away.

To be fair, the OP did go from 8 posts to 80 in the matter of an hour.


"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 05:56 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do.

Hey, look at that, you're wrong. And as was said, you're lying, this isn't your belief at all, your belief is that legalisation is the wrong move. Also the same shit was pulled by the anti-gay-marriage crowd - 'there are other things to worry about' - because they never wanted gays to get married. Legalising weed could help us to deal with the 'other things', though, like the budget deficit, the toilet of an economy and the large justice bill.
Now please, go back to your Mom's basement
I'll go to yo momma in my basement

and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Yeah because the legalisation of cannabis totally isn't a legitimate political issue atm

you need to stop acting like a douche

jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:00 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:03 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 06:00 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote: The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Whenever you hear someone using that argument, remember it is only used to shut down conversation. It has literally got to be one of the worst possible arguments ever, all it is is an advocacy of the status quo.

Famas
Famas
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 06:03 AM, Earfetish wrote:
Whenever you hear someone using that argument, remember it is only used to shut down conversation. It has literally got to be one of the worst possible arguments ever, all it is is an advocacy of the status quo.

As little apathy as I have for marijuana legalization (I'd at least like to see it decriminalized, but that has more to do with my stance on our growing incarceration problem than anything else), it still kind of bums me to see that its activism basically consists of self sabotaging talking points that pretty much reaffirm negative stigmas about its proponents.


"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:50 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 06:00 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote:
At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.
The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Exactly! Weed is not a problem. Only they make it a problem! These days they make things illegal becuase they dont like the idea of it or some other dumb shit. Really they should let it be and stop treating like cocaine or something. Tobacco is legal and that shit gives you cancer. Like what the fuck.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 06:11 AM, Famas wrote: its activism basically consists of self sabotaging talking points that pretty much reaffirm negative stigmas about its proponents.

And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 11:53 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.

wait. people take them seriously?

anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:50 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 11:53 AM, Camarohusky wrote: And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.

Hey Camaro. I've had some debates with you here on Newgrounds in the past, and you've always seemed willing to have serious and respectful discourse on a wide variety of topics. You've even agreed with me on a number of occasions and backed my arguments.

Now, considering that I am part of the "legalize weed crowd", how is it that you are able to treat my arguments on other topics in a serious and adult manner, but when it comes to the topic of marijuana prohibition, you preemptively denounce any argument that I could come up with in favor of drug legalization, all the while implying that anyone who would argue such a position is a feckless moron living in their parents' basement?

Why such contempt? Why such childishly rude ad hominem?


Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote: anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies

Oh look, an ancestor of Korriken just traveled from the year 1930 and made this stupid comment:

"Anyway, I'm all for legalizing alcohol on one condition. They have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. Last thing we need is a bunch of alcohol addicts making babies."


Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

I'd posit that the prison industrial complex, racial discrimination within the legal system, and the billions wasted on the war on drugs is a pretty serious issue of governance.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote: anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies

Are you serious?

Regulations that strict would keep the black market alive (because no one wants to get sterilized) and when you catch people hopping around the regulations what's going to happen? Forced sterilization?

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:23 PM Reply

I reckon Carmohusky and Korriken are morons who should be imprisoned for their dangerous and moronic viewpoints

being high-and-mighty online should be punishable by coprophagia

how do you like them apples
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote: anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies

License? Haha sorry but thats a no go bro.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 02:23 PM, Earfetish wrote: I reckon Carmohusky and Korriken are morons who should be imprisoned for their dangerous and moronic viewpoints

being high-and-mighty online should be punishable by coprophagia

Hatter, to answer your post, see above. ^^^

I don't like the arguments of the pro-weed crowd. They ignore all evidence that marijuana does in fact have strong negative effects, that it would take a large amount of infrastructure and expense to make it legal, and have yet to prove any reason why we should encourage the negative effects and overlook the high transaction cost of legalizing it.

In the end the response tends to always boil down to stupidity (see earfetish's response) or the same "you're harshing my buzz, man." When these folks try to talk about the subject, I shut them down. I don't want their skunk on fire smell to rot my debate time. When someone is willing to debate a subject on an intellectual level, as is RARELY the case with legalizing marijuana, I will do so.

Nothing about recreational marijuana use if positive. Nothing. While there may be some negatives to the current enforcement regime, unleashing a prodct with no positive benefit whatsoever, and known negatives, onto the public is not an acceptable alternative. There is a middle ground, but the pro-weed crowd wants none of it. They want their illicit past time to be legalized. That's really all they care about. Very rarely does one approach the pro-legalizaion argument with a motive that does not involve wanting to light up themselves with no consequences. That last sentence is perhaps the biggest reason I have such disdain for the subject.

PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 03:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote: They want their illicit past time to be legalized. That's really all they care about. Very rarely does one approach the pro-legalizaion argument with a motive that does not involve wanting to light up themselves with no consequences. That last sentence is perhaps the biggest reason I have such disdain for the subject.

shit man does everyone pushes the limit on the forums like you man? crazy man crazy. You posted. These are the results bro.


Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 03:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Nothing about recreational marijuana use if positive. Nothing. While there may be some negatives to the current enforcement regime, unleashing a prodct with no positive benefit whatsoever, and known negatives, onto the public is not an acceptable alternative.

The only problem I have with that point of view is that marijuana is already "unleashed" on the public. When roughly 50% of young adults have at least tried marijuana the status quo has already been uprooted. It's already ridiculously easy to buy weed.

You're operating under the assumption that legalizing the drug would increase the number of users. I agree that demand would probably increase in the short term, but it's more difficult to say what would happen in the long run. The reasons that people use drugs are tied to factors other than legality.

I know you've probably heard this argument 1000 times, but it's all I can say.

There is a middle ground, but the pro-weed crowd wants none of it.

What middle ground is there? The only ones I've heard mentioned are decriminalization or legalization with regulation so strict that we might as well just keep it illegal.

They want their illicit past time to be legalized. That's really all they care about. Very rarely does one approach the pro-legalizaion argument with a motive that does not involve wanting to light up themselves with no consequences.

What's the problem with that motive? Why should anyone have to live in fear of being branded a criminal because their hobby is deemed harmful, when they don't directly harm others?

I fail to see how wanting weed to be legal so that you can smoke it makes your point of view illegitimate.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

Shit I phrased that wrong.

Anyways, the benefit of legalization is that people have the freedom to smoke it and make their own decisions. Those decisions may affect other people but in the case of weed it isn't direct.

Bear with me for a second and think of gun violence. While I'll support the right to own a semi-automatic rifle with a 30-round magazine, I don't think that anyone needs one. The cost of this is that every once in a while a guy with mental problems gets a hold of one and shoots up a school. That's the cost of freedom, but the problem wasn't the guns it was the mental state of the man that shot up the school. He could have gotten the same rifle illegally (if they were made illegal) if he had wanted to or done the same damage with a legal weapon.

For every 100 guys that can handle smoking pot occasionally there will be someone with problems that chooses to waste away his life smoking weed. That guy is already living in the basement of the house down your street, and keeping weed illegal won't change that. That doesn't mean there's a significant benefit to locking 100 of his friends up just because they enjoy smoking. He's just the cost for others to enjoy weed. What if weed was legal and taxed and the tax revenue went towards rehab?

I hope that makes sense. Basically what I'm saying is that certain things like weed and weapons take a toll on society whether they're legal or not, and instead of punishing people that aren't part of that cost we could be using some of the money it generates to help solve the problem.

JRob
JRob
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Legalizing weed is so far away Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote:
At 2/27/13 11:53 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.
wait. people take them seriously?

When is it ever possible to take high people seriously?

Legalizing weed is so far away


"Verpum do, ergo sum." -Descartes
Only the best
My interview with Asandir

BBS Signature