Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:08 PM, TheElephant wrote: post

Digital recordings are for the most part limited to CD quality which is compressed at 16-bit 44.1 KHz. (a standard established in the late 70's based on the storage capacity of CD's at that time) Since vinyl is analogue, it isn't subjected to digital compression and is therefore technically infinitely superior.

At 2/27/13 12:28 PM, poxpower wrote: Technology gave you the gift of digital media and people are still hoarding garbage, citing things like they "appreciate the cover art" and the "feel of books". You're just being a pack rat, get rid of all that shit, you don't need it.

Put your money in the bank, spend it on experiences ( vacations, restaurants, cool trips, bungee, dates... whatever ) or spend it on a hobby that improves your life or is long-term ( like a sport, gym membership, social clubs of some kind ).

I don't like vacations, restaurants, cool trips, bungee-jumping or dates and I especially hate sports, gymnasiums and social clubs.

In 10 years you'll have a big useless vinyl collection that you don't give a shit about, have to lug around every time you move and can't sell except at a huge loss. If you could trade it then for 5000$ in your bank account, you'd do it. SO do future you a favor. Don't get into this.

Ok, now it's getting ridiculous. For christs sake, it's a hobby. Your post is more troll-like than the one TheElephant wrote.

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, MrSoxfan wrote:
At 2/27/13 12:28 PM, poxpower wrote: Massive massive waste of money, on a scale that is almost incomprehensible.
Finally, a voice of reason around here. It's really a shame that even Newgrounds isn't safe from the hipsters' internet takeover.

It is reaosnable to indulge your passions to a degree.

Just to make shit get heavy - CDs can sound better. Glass CDs motherfuckers!!!!

But collecting THOSE is stupid and expensive. Not to mention a nightmare to track down.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, KevinHR wrote: I don't like vacations, restaurants, cool trips, bungee-jumping or dates and I especially hate sports, gymnasiums and social clubs.

If you're this boring and anti-social then it's no wonder you like shitty vinyl.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:28 PM, poxpower wrote: That's like people with huge DVD / CD / Book / Video game collections.
You don't watch or play all of these.
Technology gave you the gift of digital media and people are still hoarding garbage, citing things like they "appreciate the cover art" and the "feel of books". You're just being a pack rat, get rid of all that shit, you don't need it.

Holy shit this is so fucking wrong I can't even nnnggghhhhh

I expected this from Xenomit, and wouldn't say a thing if he said that, but god damn.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Finally, a voice of reason around here. It's really a shame that even Newgrounds isn't safe from the hipsters' internet takeover.

not all hipsters like records, and not all people who like records are hipsters.

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, bigbadron wrote:
At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Finally, a voice of reason around here. It's really a shame that even Newgrounds isn't safe from the hipsters' internet takeover.
not all hipsters like records, and not all people who like records are hipsters.

I'm sick of the anti-hipster backlash. YOu can't like records, you can't like underground bands, you can't wear glasses. I'm not a hipster, but damnit, some things are perfectly acceptable in society!

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:33 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
The point is owning vinyl and enjoying it. Not anything else. I'm not concerned with resell value. Your posts are always so fucking opinionated. Grow up.

Yeah that's because YOU ASKED FOR OPINIONS.
You seem to have some sad vendetta against me or the mod team in general.

At 2/27/13 12:34 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
Your apathy towards collecting explains your shit musical taste!

Meh I've collected a bunch of garbage in my teens and when I was a kid. Now it's just collecting dust in my apartment or my parent's house. I was pissed when my dad gave away my nintendo and my transformers, but now I understand that the kids who got them at the time were way happier with those than I was.

Almost everyone I've seen who collects things as an adult is just sad. It just becomes an addiction whereby they have to get a new thing for their collection regularly to be happy.
It's a pretty lame thing to have as a hobby because usually they don't share it with anyone else and it doesn't make them any better or knowledgeable. Like if you collect Elvis shit, you're not going to be "cultured", you're just going to be a dumbass because you spend 5 hours a day on your Elvis collection.

I've had way more fun spending my money on gifts, bike stuff, trips with friends, cool experiences etc. Plus, research shows that makes people happier overall anyway.

But yeah, ColorofAwesome, oh wise teenager with heavy depression problems, please indulge yourself in a large vinyl collection that surely will make you very happy as opposed to finding a hobby that makes you go outside your house.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:46 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: If you're this boring and anti-social then it's no wonder you like shitty vinyl.
At 2/26/13 08:11 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: Vinyl is for dumb trust fund hipsters and aging baby boomers who only bought the records because that's all there was. Since I don't fit into either group, I'll just stick with mp3s like a normal person.

Hahaha, So much aggression with no detection. Cry me a river you boring cunt. What do you know about vinyl beside not liking it? Have you actually thought about why do don't like it? Maybe you're just a little jealous that people are passionate about something you are not?

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:00 PM Reply

some people don't see the point of records, other people love them, end of. come on guys, this doesn't need to turn into a flame war, we can co-exist. anyway collecting vinyl has brought my friendship group closer together, whenever one of us gets a new record, the others are always straight over to check it out.

i think that's what i love about it, the whole interaction of putting on a whole album, it's more of an experience. for example, if i downloaded an MP3 and invited my friends to come over and listen to it, it would be ridiculous.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
StationToStation
StationToStation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:54 PM, poxpower wrote: Meh I've collected a bunch of garbage in my teens and when I was a kid. Now it's just collecting dust in my apartment or my parent's house. I was pissed when my dad gave away my nintendo and my transformers, but now I understand that the kids who got them at the time were way happier with those than I was.

I can almost agree, but your Transformers? That shit's harsh.

Almost everyone I've seen who collects things as an adult is just sad. It just becomes an addiction whereby they have to get a new thing for their collection regularly to be happy.

Ah. I don't need new CDs to be happy, but if I am feeling pretty down, I do try and cheer myself up by ordering some. Especially since I've been banned from hitting the bottle (which I still do, just more infrequent). I cannot lie to you, I often do think about my next purchase.

Once, it got so bad, this was years ago, I hadn't bought a CD in a week. I scoured the house for all the pennies I could find. Walked into a second hand charity store and bought a. Bought a Backstreet Boys single. :'(

I just couldn't stop myself from buying a record that I knew I would hate, burn onto my iTunes and then forget about. I havge bought for the sake of buying.

It's a pretty lame thing to have as a hobby because usually they don't share it with anyone else and it doesn't make them any better or knowledgeable. Like if you collect Elvis shit, you're not going to be "cultured", you're just going to be a dumbass because you spend 5 hours a day on your Elvis collection.

Wife doesn't like me spending time apart from her. Like, I'm a member of a political party, but I've not been to a meeting in nearly a year.

It's not a productive hobby and if you DO meet someone else that loves music, even the same stuff, you can only share it really by going to a concert, so you are apart, yet together.

Like any other media, I suppose.

I've had way more fun spending my money on gifts, bike stuff, trips with friends, cool experiences etc. Plus, research shows that makes people happier overall anyway.

I don't really get to do stuff. Occasionally, I actually bail on a social thing because I just don't feel well enough for it. My GOD! I'm a neckbeard. :o

But yeah, ColorofAwesome, oh wise teenager with heavy depression problems, please indulge yourself in a large vinyl collection that surely will make you very happy as opposed to finding a hobby that makes you go outside your house.

If he is depressed, he probably wont like outside. I went outside today, travelled up town to get ukulele strings. Far too bright, I've got a crippling headache now. :'(

I was only kidding about your taste bro, you know that. Make me a radiogrounds DJ plz.

At once to profit and delight mankind,
And with the pleasing have th' instructive joined.

Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:46 PM, MrSoxfan wrote:
At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, KevinHR wrote: I don't like vacations, restaurants, cool trips, bungee-jumping or dates and I especially hate sports, gymnasiums and social clubs.
If you're this boring and anti-social then it's no wonder you like shitty vinyl.

I'm not even that into vinyl, but what he said applies to virtually any hobby that can be enjoyed in solitude.

You gotta spend money on something. If you never go out and all that bullshit it will quickly add up. Especially if you don't have a wife, family and a ridiculously large house. It may be egoistical, but whatever makes you happy.

BBS Signature
NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:52 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: not all hipsters like records, and not all people who like records are hipsters.
I'm sick of the anti-hipster backlash. YOu can't like records, you can't like underground bands, you can't wear glasses. I'm not a hipster, but damnit, some things are perfectly acceptable in society!

You know what they say: no hipster will ever admit to being one.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:54 PM, poxpower wrote: I am right. You are wrong. This is this why. I am right. You are wrong. This is this why. I am right. You are wrong. This is this why. I am right. You are wrong. This is this why. I am right. You are wrong. This is this why. I am right. You are wrong. This is this why.

Great.

Your posts are so hate filled and I'm the sad one?

I just checked your page. Is your aggression due to your putrid face? I think I'll live a little happier knowing that this is the tuff ole reg who likes to insult people for no real reason over the Internet.

I'm not trying yo be edgy. I honestly think you look disgusting.

Vinyl

BBS Signature
Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:07 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I just checked your page. Is your aggression due to your putrid face? I think I'll live a little happier knowing that this is the tuff ole reg who likes to insult people for no real reason over the Internet.

What? He's a female?

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Pox is a girl?!

FUCK! You're pretty man. <3

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:10 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Pox is a girl?!

FUCK! You're pretty man. <3

Of his gf. I dunno.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 12:41 PM, KevinHR wrote:
Digital recordings are for the most part limited to CD quality which is compressed at 16-bit 44.1 KHz. (a standard established in the late 70's based on the storage capacity of CD's at that time) Since vinyl is analogue, it isn't subjected to digital compression and is therefore technically infinitely superior.

People convert digital media to extremely high qualities nowadays.
There's many formats for lossless audio conversion.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/itunes.htm

What you're buying with vinyl is just an idea. This eternal idea of "authenticity" where you think you're so clever and awesome and cultured because YOU'RE listening to the REAL music and everyone else is just an idiot with their lossy mp3s. HAH THE FOOLS! Only you, Kevin, has ever TRULY listened to Arcade Fire or The Decemberists, not those OTHER chumps without an expensive retro vinyl player.

Marketing execs have been sucking money out of the pockets of people like you forever.

At 2/27/13 12:28 PM, poxpower wrote:
I don't like vacations, restaurants, cool trips, bungee-jumping or dates and I especially hate sports, gymnasiums and social clubs.

You don't like cool trips? Trips that, by definition, are cool?
Your life must be extra-sad, but at least you get to enjoy true premium audio quality that no one else can have as long as they don't buy music from itunes or find vinyl rips in FLAC or WMA formats on the internet.

At 2/27/13 01:01 PM, StationToStation wrote:
I just couldn't stop myself from buying a record that I knew I would hate, burn onto my iTunes and then forget about. I havge bought for the sake of buying.

Buying things is fun.
Buy experiences. Share it with friends. Send some random person a gift.

Way more fun.

I don't really get to do stuff. Occasionally, I actually bail on a social thing because I just don't feel well enough for it. My GOD! I'm a neckbeard. :o

Haha wtf.
Well go do something with your wife.

If he is depressed, he probably wont like outside.

Well he won't like it inside either :P

At 2/27/13 01:10 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Pox is a girl?!

OF COURSE... of course. (no)

BBS Signature
bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:07 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: You know what they say: no hipster will ever admit to being one.

and? in your definition, you're being just as much a hipster by hating on stuff, as me being a hipster for liking records.

also, i collect tapes too.

Vinyl

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:15 PM, poxpower wrote: Buying things is fun.
Buy experiences. Share it with friends. Send some random person a gift.

Don't have friends and the wife is Jewish, so, you know, that second thing wont happen.

Well go do something with your wife.

She doesn't like anything. Part from moaning, she likes that.

Well he won't like it inside either :P

:o
*Mind is blown*
He'll needf sunglasses tho. I need some an all.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:18 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
Don't have friends and the wife is Jewish, so, you know, that second thing wont happen.

Did you have sex with her yet? haha.
Is that the thing that was going on?

So you're really ready to settle into an entire life of never doing anything by yourself again?
Kind of sounds like an excuse to me, unless your wife is completely insane.

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:26 PM, poxpower wrote: Did you have sex with her yet? haha.

Nope. She's not really my wife, just my fiance, but still nope. She doesn't even like to kiss. We recently got to hold hands stage.

Is that the thing that was going on?

No, I was kinda of seeing someone else. I was hoping to go a bit further with her and I really liked her, but nopesie, it didn't work out.

It sounds terrible, but me and the mrs really struggle to click and I get so lonely, you know and when someone comes and they just seem to connect with you, your morals kinda go out the window.

Not that I really have morals, I mean, at least in affairs of the heart, I don't judge on that shit. Still, I kissed this girl I liked a few times and got to experience the whole butterflies in the tummy thing. It was sweet, but sad.

So you're really ready to settle into an entire life of never doing anything by yourself again?

No. I'm not ready for anything, ever. :o

Kind of sounds like an excuse to me, unless your wife is completely insane.

She might be, but so am I. Or possibly. I'm defo depressed, she thinks I'm schizophrenic too, but I think that's just because that's how Athiests like to think of anyone who speaks to a deity.

She can talk, she asked St. Anthony for help last month lol. (She believes in a higher power when it suits her, but obviously you can't talk to deities, because that's just batshit).

I do love her though. I don't like her being sad and sometimes she can be really sweet.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:15 PM, poxpower wrote: People convert digital media to extremely high qualities nowadays.

that's a good read, but he should have ripped FLAC first, then converted down to AAC VBR. that way, when someone makes a better, more compressed format, he wouldn't have to re-rip all his shit. but i guess it's all in the iTunes software rather than the actual format.

anyway, 320 CBR MP3 4 lyfe.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:31 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
It sounds terrible, but me and the mrs really struggle to click and I get so lonely, you know and when someone comes and they just seem to connect with you, your morals kinda go out the window.

Yeah I hear you.

I do love her though. I don't like her being sad and sometimes she can be really sweet.

Well, good luck with that... ? :O
Life is not as full of choices as we might want.

BBS Signature
Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:15 PM, poxpower wrote: People convert digital media to extremely high qualities nowadays.

Bitrate is another matter. CD quality *IS* lossless. I'm not talking about lossy nor lossless encoding formats.

There exist digital distribution mediums with higher resolution, probably the most popular being SACD (I think it has pretty much disappeared now, as opposed to vinyl), but they are still subjected to digital compression.

The article you linked seems interesting even though I probably never will use an iPod as I'm a gnulinux user, I will read it in a while.

What you're buying with vinyl is just an idea. This eternal idea of "authenticity" where you think you're so clever and awesome and cultured because YOU'RE listening to the REAL music and everyone else is just an idiot with their lossy mp3s. HAH THE FOOLS! Only you, Kevin, has ever TRULY listened to Arcade Fire or The Decemberists, not those OTHER chumps without an expensive retro vinyl player.

Well, this was unexpected. I have a music collection of over 45000 tracks, the vast majority being lossy mp3's. 99% of all my listening is done from a computer.

Marketing execs have been sucking money out of the pockets of people like you forever.

Again, I have nothing else to spend it on. (I'd also like to mention again that I'm not that into vinyl, I waste my money on other bullshit)

You don't like cool trips? Trips that, by definition, are cool?
Your life must be extra-sad, but at least you get to enjoy true premium audio quality that no one else can have as long as they don't buy music from itunes or find vinyl rips in FLAC or WMA formats on the internet.

I have many times listened to albums recorded in 128kbps. I'm not an audiophile, I'm a music enthusiast. I love music.

Besides, when I play older Japanese porn games from the 90's, the sound is so horrible that voices sound like screeching. I only notice it in the beginning, but eventually get used to it.

BBS Signature
TheElephant
TheElephant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:59 PM Reply

you living in past! dont u understand and wake up?? i mean have u never heard of new song on youtube? and its not on vinyl. u cant get new songs now on vinyl. vinyl is for old songs and retro but you must modern. thats how you go in 2013. get it? mikhail jackson made songs in vinyl before. but he stoped and only cd. later is down loads. and then never more vinyl. only old songs. but respect my opinion and dont be agnry here.

~ Mr. Tembo, Ultimate Elephant (Become a fan)

remembre my name!

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:57 PM, KevinHR wrote:
Again, I have nothing else to spend it on. (I'd also like to mention again that I'm not that into vinyl, I waste my money on other bullshit)

Well whatever makes you happy, I'm just trying to prevent a kid from spending potentially hundreds / thousands on crap he doesn't really need or want.

Even if vinyl was the true best way to listen to music, it would be a waste of money to collect them.

I suggest buying cereal from the 80s on ebay and eating them with friends. That's always fun!
One time I ate aunt Jemima pancake mix from 1986. It was still good! Yum.

Besides, when I play older Japanese porn games from the 90's, the sound is so horrible that voices sound like screeching.

That's how japanese people sound.
There's one japanese dude at the gym, when he changes in the locker room, his dick is pixelated. True story ( of truth).

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:11 PM Reply

things to spend money on instead of vinyl: donations to the salvation army

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 01:59 PM, TheElephant wrote: you living in past! dont u understand and wake up?? i mean have u never heard of new song on youtube? and its not on vinyl. u cant get new songs now on vinyl. vinyl is for old songs and retro but you must modern. thats how you go in 2013. get it? mikhail jackson made songs in vinyl before. but he stoped and only cd. later is down loads. and then never more vinyl. only old songs. but respect my opinion and dont be agnry here.

~ Mr. Tembo, Ultimate Elephant (Become a fan)

http://boomkat.com/
http://hardwax.com/
The majority of modern electronic music is released on vinyl in addition to CD, (and digital download, of course) and I'm not talking about hipster shit. EPs and singles are especially popular since vinyl is the only physical medium used for distribution.

At 2/27/13 02:07 PM, poxpower wrote: Well whatever makes you happy, I'm just trying to prevent a kid from spending potentially hundreds / thousands on crap he doesn't really need or want.

Thank you.

Even if vinyl was the true best way to listen to music, it would be a waste of money to collect them.

The main reason I started collecting vinyl is that I wanted to give money to the artists. I'm a huge pirate.

I suggest buying cereal from the 80s on ebay and eating them with friends. That's always fun!
One time I ate aunt Jemima pancake mix from 1986. It was still good! Yum.

Yes.

That's how japanese people sound.

No, they don't. God dammit, I play these games to listen to beautiful Japanese female voices, don't offend me like that.

There's one japanese dude at the gym, when he changes in the locker room, his dick is pixelated. True story ( of truth).

Yes, that's true. If you want to get rid of the mosaic you need to build one of these.

Vinyl

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 12:40 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Thoughts?

It's my favourite way to listen to music. The sound quality is exceptional and having the big artwork along with the inserts that come with an album is very satisfying. The only issue which might bother some is the effort of taking care of records. You'll need to make sure they're clean and buy sleeves to protect your records and their jackets. That doesn't bother me, but some people couldn't be bothered.

I would love to get into vinyl but I'm not into much older music and new vinyl + shipping means $40 a record. Local artists vinyl is fairly cheap but I'm not into enough local artists to justify it and A lot of people I listen to also aren't big enough to commission vinyl either.

Check to see if there are any independent record stores in your city. My city has two, both of which sell new and used vinyl. The average cost of a new LP is about $20, and used ones can range from $1 to much higher prices depending on the rarity and condition of the album.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Vinyl Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 02:11 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: things to spend money on instead of vinyl: donations to the salvation army

--supergandhi64

Everyone's a fucking martyr in this thread.

BBS Signature