Support NATA 2014
greyhawk241
greyhawk241
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
The Unexplained Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Hey there fellow newgrounders. I'm sure throughout your life, you've all seen some stuff that you seriously can't explain! I'm talking things that science, religion, even reasoning can't explain. This forum was created to share such stories.

Pictures to accompany these posts are always appreciated, though not necessary. Also, instead of instantly calling bs on anyone's stories, please at least have a good reason to call bs. We don't need any unnecessary fighting between members here.

Enjoy!

I'll start us off. This here was taken in Maryland, the night that meteorite struck Russia. I was attempting to get a picture of the sideways tornadoes in the sky, when this thing came streaking down out of the clouds, and crash landed in a nearby field. I staked out in the forest that was close-by, as black vehicles pulled up, and quarantined the crash site. I went back the next day with some friends to check it out, and NOTHING was there!

Make of this picture what you will, cause I still don't know what I saw.

The Unexplained

Hey there, if your character lacks a voice, I will help to put words in their mouths.

BBS Signature
Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to The Unexplained Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 12:54 AM Reply

You asked us not to immediately "call BS" without good reason.
So, here are my reasons for disbelieving your story:

1) Since the object is generating its own light and cannot be a reflection due to the sun's angle and clouds, it is probably manmade. I would have originally said it was a small firework or flare until you said "crash site".

2) The object is traveling at an unreasonably high velocity if the upper lines form the trail in a decent coming towards you (green arrow in the picture below). This is because cumulous/nimbostratus clouds typically form above 2,000 ft. and the object is not falling at 90 degrees - meaning the light indicates a large object traveling at an unreasonably high velocity.

3) The light trail is illogical if the object is falling from the right at a more reasonable speed (red arrow). If it isn't the light trail, then the object must be descending end over end despite the base being larger and heavier.

So assuming this object crashed within walking distance as you suggested, it had to fall between the path of the red and yellow arrows with its trajectory aimed in your direction closest to (2). You then claim black vehicles arrived at the crash site and quarantined it. This means, they were able to project exactly where it would land and got there before someone in walking distance could (ie: not any sort of space debris).

I call BS.

It's probably a glare from a window, firework, or separate image pasted onto a base picture.

The Unexplained

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Unexplained Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 01:30 AM Reply

The problem with most of this stuff is that the authenticity of all of it is far too easily disproven. Pretty much 90 percent of "paranormal/unexplained" crap these days is either blatantly faked or actually something completely different, and was just misunderstood or mistaken for [insert weird spooky thing here] by the viewer. In the case of the former, stop watching Ghost Hunters. Otherwise, hey, we didn't know how to explain lightning 2000 years ago, did we?

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
greyhawk241
greyhawk241
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Unexplained Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Thank you for analyzing this! Agreed, at this point, it probably was just glare, because when I look at it again, in the lower right hand corner, there is a different light (probably coming from a car or someone's house). Oh well, that one was easily disproven. Meh, anyone else see anything weird?

Hey there, if your character lacks a voice, I will help to put words in their mouths.

BBS Signature
greyhawk241
greyhawk241
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Unexplained Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

Also, I don't tend to watch Ghost hunters or any of those bull shows, as it's 45 minutes of "What was this, eh, what was that!", hahaha. I just created this forum for when I see shit I simply can not explain.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Unexplained Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 12:54 AM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: I call BS.

Yeah that's not okay but the miracles in the bible could be true

lol