Be a Supporter!

Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp

  • 665 Views
  • 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 12:21 PM Reply

Well this has been more than a year in the making,

my debut album, with my baby Buoy and even Spwee (used to post his tracks here)

Covers all genres and attitudes, aggressive bassy genres, jazzy downtempo, experimental sound designy stuff, ambient and everything in-between.

I'd love your thoughts on it, or even a buy <3

Much love guys!!

http://www.beatport.com/release/the-awakening/1044429

Masq &amp; Buoy - The Awakening Lp

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Just so you know, each track costs £1.73, which is a lot in my opinion considering major labels sell their songs for £1.00 to £1.50 at the most.
:)


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 02:42 PM Reply

NeuroFunkGrid posted Lap Cat on youtube. I actually saw that one first.

Its fun stuff mate. Was definitely worth the listen. If anything I'd say your mixing is a little bit sharp. Maybe work a little bit towards giving a bit more natural rounded corners if ya know what I mean. One more small tip: with intense modulation comes risk of things being emphasized at weird off rhythms...it was only occasional I heard this, but its something.

You may also want to double check the preview of Vajra on beatport. I just noticed its extremely quiet for a section to preview. I mean its cool, but seems like a preview mistake.

Cheers mate!

P.S. I am not good at saying nice things, just critique. Forgive me hahaha
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 02:45 PM Reply

yea the Vajra file is is only 27 seconds for some reason

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 02:40 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Just so you know, each track costs Ã'£1.73, which is a lot in my opinion considering major labels sell their songs for Ã'£1.00 to Ã'£1.50 at the most.
)

the album as a whole is 13$, sorry i dont choose pricing :/

At 2/25/13 02:42 PM, Breed wrote: NeuroFunkGrid posted Lap Cat on youtube. I actually saw that one first.

Its fun stuff mate. Was definitely worth the listen. If anything I'd say your mixing is a little bit sharp. Maybe work a little bit towards giving a bit more natural rounded corners if ya know what I mean. One more small tip: with intense modulation comes risk of things being emphasized at weird off rhythms...it was only occasional I heard this, but its something.

You may also want to double check the preview of Vajra on beatport. I just noticed its extremely quiet for a section to preview. I mean its cool, but seems like a preview mistake.

Cheers mate!

thanks a lot LD!!!

Most of these tracks are pretty old, mixing is RREEAAAAALLLY LOUD AND HARSH (which isn't necessarily bad). The mix on the Journey is the most recent and is really my ideal.

At 2/25/13 02:45 PM, Buoy wrote: yea the Vajra file is is only 27 seconds for some reason

asking about this currently

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 03:06 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 2/25/13 02:45 PM, Buoy wrote: yea the Vajra file is is only 27 seconds for some reason
asking about this currently

ok, its a glitch beatport VERY rarely does.

Me or Caliber can send ya the full, beatports working on the issue

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 09:16 PM, LazyBucks wrote: Belongs in the Audio Advertisement thread no?

No.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 09:18 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 2/25/13 09:16 PM, LazyBucks wrote: Belongs in the Audio Advertisement thread no?
No.

*From the Wiki*
"Please do not make a new thread to advertise your audio"

No?

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 09:21 PM, LazyBucks wrote:
At 2/25/13 09:18 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 2/25/13 09:16 PM, LazyBucks wrote: Belongs in the Audio Advertisement thread no?
No.
*From the Wiki*
"Please do not make a new thread to advertise your audio"

No?

No

stunkel
stunkel
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 09:21 PM, LazyBucks wrote:
At 2/25/13 09:18 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 2/25/13 09:16 PM, LazyBucks wrote: Belongs in the Audio Advertisement thread no?

If people are active enough on the newgrounds forums, then they are allowed to advertise their album every so often


Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 11:06 PM Reply

this happens every album thread lol

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 11:06 PM, jpbear wrote: this happens every album thread lol

lol sorry, I didn't know, I just saw the thread and thought it might be posted wrong.

My bad! :D

midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 01:19 AM Reply

ridiculous! excellent work all around


p.s. i am gay

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 03:27 AM Reply

Not a bad album. That bass sound is a bit overused by you though. Yes, I know it's one of your trademarks but you don't hear Skrillex's bass lead from Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites in all of his tracks, despite it being freakin' amazing.

Also, do you get paid by your label?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 03:29 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 03:27 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Not a bad album. That bass sound is a bit overused by you though. Yes, I know it's one of your trademarks but you don't hear Skrillex's bass lead from Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites in all of his tracks, despite it being freakin' amazing.

Also, do you get paid by your label?

you generally get paid AFTER you start selling units lol


p.s. i am gay

midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 03:30 AM Reply

that was a bad joke i'm sorry :v


p.s. i am gay

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 03:27 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Not a bad album. That bass sound is a bit overused by you though. Yes, I know it's one of your trademarks but you don't hear Skrillex's bass lead from Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites in all of his tracks, despite it being freakin' amazing.

Also, do you get paid by your label?

no bass patch technically repeats in this album,

also yea my contract was only for royalties though

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:10 AM Reply

Congrats on the album. Sounds good.

DJDela
DJDela
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Amazing stuff, the only thing that bothers me are the punchy distorted drums.
I'd prefer to hear some hard bass-ey drums instead of the ones you currently use.
But nice work!

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 01:53 PM Reply

sellouts


BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 02:15 PM Reply

thanks for the words everyone :)

currently:

4th in chillout
5th in glitch hop
10th in dnb
13th in dubstep
13th in electronica
16th in electro house

also beatport frontpage and glitch hope front page!

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 02:46 PM Reply

Has my seal of approval.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 2/26/13 02:15 PM, jpbear wrote: currently:

Congrats!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:20 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 02:15 PM, jpbear wrote: thanks for the words everyone :)

currently:

4th in chillout
5th in glitch hop
10th in dnb
13th in dubstep
13th in electronica
16th in electro house

Okay, not in top 10? I call shenanigans on beatport's behalf.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Masq & Buoy - The Awakening Lp Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 02:20 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 2/26/13 02:15 PM, jpbear wrote: thanks for the words everyone :)

currently:

4th in chillout
5th in glitch hop
10th in dnb
13th in dubstep
13th in electronica
16th in electro house
Okay, not in top 10? I call shenanigans on beatport's behalf.

ive gained spots in everything today,

overall im 50 though, kinda weird idk how their algorithms work