New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

So here it is: http://oldschool.runescape.com/ !

They just launched it 11am EST. Currently it is only allowed to players who have voted early and have membership.

If you haven't voted yet, feel free to post here on whatever you are doing on EoC Runescape until this game is available to the public.

Currently, my goal is to be able to make addy armor. My mining lvl is 33 at the moment.

I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I do. :)

lel

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:29 PM Reply

Ah man this looks awesome, I loved the older gfx.

If it was free I'd be on it, any chance of it opening to free users?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 03:29 PM, Entice wrote: Ah man this looks awesome, I loved the older gfx.

If it was free I'd be on it, any chance of it opening to free users?

only if jagex gets 4 million dollars from the votes.
which is bullshit.

basically it needs to pass 750k votes

>:c

lel

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

That title brings back some memories, honestly.

I remember the first time I ever played Runescape. I was in fifth grade at the time, and everyone in our little computer class was talking about it. It had just come out a week or so before then, and I remember being so impressed by it. It lost some appeal, honestly. I just can't seem to get into it anymore.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:44 PM Reply

How much is it to play? Is it a per month thing or just a one time thing?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 05:44 PM, darkjam wrote: How much is it to play? Is it a per month thing or just a one time thing?

currently it's at $8 so once you buy membership you vote on the poll and then you'll be able to play.

lel

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 12:48 AM Reply

so I died at the last dungeon for the waterfall quest.

fffffffff

lel

Bstuk2
Bstuk2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 2/23/13 06:10 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/23/13 05:44 PM, darkjam wrote: How much is it to play? Is it a per month thing or just a one time thing?
currently it's at $8 so once you buy membership you vote on the poll and then you'll be able to play.

$8 A month, or $8 for the whole thing?

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 2/24/13 01:12 AM, Bstuk2 wrote:

$8 A month, or $8 for the whole thing?

whenever you want to play old school runescape... just get membership and vote and then play.

lel

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 03:25 PM, Sequenced wrote: So here it is: http://oldschool.runescape.com/ !

Looks nice from the page seen, may have a go at it at some point, depends do you need to make a new character for it though?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 2/24/13 02:43 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 2/22/13 03:25 PM, Sequenced wrote: So here it is: http://oldschool.runescape.com/ !
Looks nice from the page seen, may have a go at it at some point, depends do you need to make a new character for it though?

you start over basically

lel

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 2/24/13 03:18 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/24/13 02:43 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
you start over basically

Mhe, well then again I suppose at least then I won't be AS bored. Who knows, might do it if some friends do it. As fuck playing Runescape alone anymore. That game gets so absolutely dull without people to talk to who are actually interesting.

ie. I want you to shove me in a friends request if I do get into it again as well as others.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 11:03 AM Reply

Wait, it's only in dollars? Awe man, I live in Britain!

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 11:25 AM Reply

whenever you want to play old school runescape... just get membership and vote and then play.

So in other words, per month?

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 11:03 AM, darkjam wrote:

lol no.

lel

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 12:23 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/24/13 11:03 AM, darkjam wrote:
lol no.

Because they don't change currency depending on where you live with anything bought online.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

just made my first 5k from making 1k steel arrow tips :)

lel

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 01:29 PM, Sequenced wrote: just made my first 5k from making 1k steel arrow tips :)

Hax. It is odd that I do miss this game. So many people go "hur hur runescape is shit lol" bandwagon jumpers yet really, it's a reasonable and fun game, just got boring after a while, but seems interesting a little again.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 01:39 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 2/24/13 01:29 PM, Sequenced wrote: just made my first 5k from making 1k steel arrow tips :)
Hax. It is odd that I do miss this game. So many people go "hur hur runescape is shit lol" bandwagon jumpers yet really, it's a reasonable and fun game, just got boring after a while, but seems interesting a little again.

it gets boring because levling 70+ takes a fuck load of time.

that's why auto click ;)

lel

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

How long before they bring Yelps into this game?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 09:24 AM Reply

So the vote has ended and obviously it did not pass 500k votes.

BUT they did allow us to just pay members to play. So no extra fee for another 6 months (unless the numbers keep growing and a lot of regulars play it)

They do have a team to fix bugs and make events and things like that.

lel

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 08:11 PM Reply

Fuck yeah. I've been nerding out on this game.

Official Oldschool Runescape Thread

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply

A quick question, how popular is this right now? I might get it seeing as my WoW memebership ran out.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 11:47 AM, darkjam wrote: A quick question, how popular is this right now? I might get it seeing as my WoW memebership ran out.

50,000+ players every day, more than eoc.

lel

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 01:07 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 5/12/13 11:47 AM, darkjam wrote: A quick question, how popular is this right now? I might get it seeing as my WoW memebership ran out.
50,000+ players every day, more than eoc.

Oh ok, i'll probably get it, and be a noob for a while but it sounds and looks fun.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 03:13 PM Reply

I can't seem to find where to buy it, can somebody direct me please?

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread May. 12th, 2013 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 03:13 PM, darkjam wrote: I can't seem to find where to buy it, can somebody direct me please?

you just have to pay regular membership and then go do oldschool.runescape.com to play it.

lel

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Jul. 29th, 2013 @ 08:20 PM Reply

Wait is it monthly payment.
; I just remembered about this :D

BBS Signature
koopahermit
koopahermit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Official Oldschool Runescape Thread Jul. 29th, 2013 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 7/29/13 08:20 PM, darkjam wrote: Wait is it monthly payment.
; I just remembered about this :D

It's a monthly payment of 8 bucks. This is because you need to be a member to access it.

I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
"Man, fuck your logic." - HomicidialFrog
"Normal people. They're so fucking weird." - Xenomit

BBS Signature