poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:31 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

A video that will speak a lot to many of you I'm sure.

To This Day

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:34 PM Reply

scus me u ned to post in th video thread

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:41 PM Reply

I saw this video yesterday and was just blown away.

I was never bullied that badly - just a few years back in grade school - but I imagine that this video is worth watching for those of you who faced more significant bullying problems. Plus it's just a beautifully-made video in and of itself.

So I support it having it's own thread.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

It was pretty funny until it got to 1:37 and got all emotional and shit

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:43 PM Reply

After watching that video it was pretty good. Lame as it sounds I actually cried.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:43 PM Reply

This video deserves its own thread..

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:42 PM, Entice wrote: It was pretty funny until it got to 1:37 and got all emotional and shit

Not that I think that's a bad thing.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:47 PM Reply

I've stopped policing the video thread like 4 years ago haha.
It was created in 2006 for Christ's sake.

I'm amazed people still know about it. No one followed the rules and I had to delete about 50% of all videos posted in there. I should ask Wade to delete it once and for all since it's useless now.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:43 PM, The777Demon wrote: That's why you need to stick up for yourself.

Oh fuck off. You can't afford to stick up for yourself and when you don't have any friends it doesn't help. It only makes things worse. Especially when you don't have any confidence to begin with. I tried everything to avoid being bullied in school. Some people just don't see the harm.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:50 PM Reply

In elementary, I was one of only 2 Asian kids in a 99% white school (I live in Alberta). This was in the 80's so bullying awareness wasn't as prevalent as it is now. I got my fair share of jibs, and even some minor physical altercations.

One of the biggest incidents was when I got my jaw busted from one kid kicking me in the face (I got jumped from behind). To this day my jaw and chin are skewed slightly to one side because of it.

But hey, I'm around now, and I do believe there is hope out there, because there is so much more support and awareness around in the 2000s.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:49 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Oh fuck off. You can't afford to stick up for yourself and when you don't have any friends it doesn't help. It only makes things worse. Especially when you don't have any confidence to begin with. I tried everything to avoid being bullied in school. Some people just don't see the harm.

Not to mention not all people are physically capable of protecting themselves.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:53 PM Reply

that was pretty beautiful

At 2/22/13 01:43 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Lame as it sounds I actually cried.

im only holding them back because im in the library

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:53 PM, The777Demon wrote:
At 2/22/13 01:49 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/22/13 01:43 PM, The777Demon wrote: That's why you need to stick up for yourself.
Oh fuck off. You can't afford to stick up for yourself and when you don't have any friends it doesn't help. It only makes things worse. Especially when you don't have any confidence to begin with. I tried everything to avoid being bullied in school. Some people just don't see the harm.
I had many more friends before i stopped sticking up for myself. People will judge you no matter what you do. If you do nothing people look down on you, if you do things people hate you. Either way people are going to talk, but if you fight back people will back off. Most things are only as bad as you make them out to be. No one gains confidence by doing nothing.

I was bullied through school. Of course Standing up for your self helps. It's how to get to that point. I dropped out because of bullying so I guess that makes me a bitch or something. But whatever, I'm not going to take more of what I don't deserve just because it's the cool thing to do. I was cool at one point and I lost friends hanging out with the nerdy kids because I wanted to talk to interesting people. I only hung out with people I didn't want to because it was like protection. SO I guess I was standing up for myself by hanging with them even though I hid a lot, so not really.

Stop fucking preaching things that are redundant.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome2
TheColourAwesome2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:53 PM, The777Demon wrote: No one gains confidence by doing nothing.

Also, I gain nothing by not leaving the house and moping. I don't think you understand how depression works.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:01 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
I dropped out because of bullying so I guess that makes me a bitch or something.

you dropped out of high school?
does that have the same effect as it does in the US?

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome2
TheColourAwesome2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:04 PM, SwankyVagrant wrote: you dropped out of high school?
does that have the same effect as it does in the US?

Yar, I'm in the processes of attending social dumbass skhool. It's a great program and it's actually a lot cheap than regular school but it's very little hours. So if I hope to do anything good with my life which I may not then I have to layer another course on top of that. There's no set structure. I learn what I want at what level I want.

I've been off school for a long time now which has been shit.

TheColourAwesome2
TheColourAwesome2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:08 PM, The777Demon wrote: Now i can see things as they are.

g8

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Is there honestly anyone here who would still not call that guy porkchop?

I don't get why people think it's ok to call me an asshole when I'm being an asshole, but they don't think it's ok to call him fat when he's being fat.

People bully a select group of people all the time: Skanks, rednecks, racists, whores, douchebags, bullies, rich guys, superficial people..

Everyone understands that those people have so much going for them that they can handle some amount of social backlash. But just the admission that it's not ok to be bullied for being weird /fat /ugly just tells you what people really think: Porkchop is a sad pathetic loser and we should take it easy on him because he has nothing.

That's what I hear. No one ever feels bad for Paris Hilton when everyone on tv makes fun of her and calls her horrible names and destroys her reputation. No one feels sorry for her because everyone wants to be rich and beautiful.

No one wants to trade places with porkchop.

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:11 PM, poxpower wrote: Is there honestly anyone here who would still not call that guy porkchop?

if he didnt want to be called it i wouldn't

I don't get why people think it's ok to call me an asshole when I'm being an asshole, but they don't think it's ok to call him fat when he's being fat.

what

People bully a select group of people all the time: Skanks, rednecks, racists, whores, douchebags, bullies, rich guys, superficial people..

who bullies bullies, rich people, and beautiful people?

Everyone understands that those people have so much going for them that they can handle some amount of social backlash.

what do rednecks have going for them?

That's what I hear. No one ever feels bad for Paris Hilton when everyone on tv makes fun of her and calls her horrible names and destroys her reputation. No one feels sorry for her because everyone wants to be rich and beautiful.

No, its cuz she does dumb shit on purpose

No one wants to trade places with porkchop.

i wouldnt trade places with paris hilton either
i would like his poetic abilities though

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome2
TheColourAwesome2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:19 PM, The777Demon wrote: Fine i'm not going to waste my time or thoughts on you. You deserve to be who you are.

Look, I'm not trying to be ignorant here. It's just I've heard it a thousand times. It implies I haven't tried, or any other person in my situation hasn't either. It's not motivational. It pretty much means nothing. That's all. I'm not rejecting the idea, I'm rejecting the simple mindedness.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:19 PM, SwankyVagrant wrote:
what do rednecks have going for them?

The stereotype is that they're a close-knit group of willfully ignorant, racist, homophobic garbage. No one feels sorry for them. Look at honey boo-boo's mom. Who ever felt sorry for her? She's fat, no one cares about calling her fat and comparing her to Jabba.
That's because she's got money and she's on tv, two things most people want.

This porkchop kid had nothing to go for him. No one gives a shit about being good at spoken word poetry. If I cast a spell on you that gave you that power, you'd be like "meh, aight". You probably wouldn't spend 5 minutes of your day becoming a better poet.

So it's bad to make fun of him for being fat. The exact same thing people make fun of Honey boo-boo for.

One second it's horrible and life-scarring, and the next it's just retribution.

No, its cuz she does dumb shit on purpose

She's dumb on purpose?
It's not like she's a genius but chooses to do dumb shit, Jackass-style.

i wouldnt trade places with paris hilton either

Well no but you'd like to be rich and hot.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

I was pretty severely bullied through elementary and middle school, and yet I found this video too abstract and not down to earth, little too artsy for me as well. It seemed too cliche', like an observer's story on bullying rather than a personal experience, whether or not that is the actual case.

The best way to confront bullying is self-empowerment in my opinion. Finally committed to that in high school, when I started eating healthy, working out, and found an interactive hobby (tennis team). I felt mentally refreshed and accomplished, physically strong, and had a new group of awesome supporting friends on the team.

Seriously though, working out made a difference you wouldn't believe. When I first took weight training in high school I was skin and bones, but when you never quit and you do the push ups, leg lifts, sit ups that your coach is ordering, people around you notice and everyone respects tenacity. Not too much time passed and I got along well with the football players and wrestlers even though I was a little white boy who only played tennis.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:31 PM, poxpower wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

Masterfully made. I enjoyed watching it, though I can't say I relate to it.
I felt some of the realistically rendered animated parts didn't really fit in. The more symbolic and graphical parts were better suited.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to To This Day Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 02:41 PM, Saen wrote:
Seriously though, working out made a difference you wouldn't believe.

Yes that is good advice.
I was fat in high school and early in college.

Then I lost weight, everything gets better.
And last year I joined a cycling team and made lots of new friends.

That's when I understood I had been lied to all my life. On tv and in movies, all you hear about is the story of the hard-working social outcast / nerd with the heart of gold who gets picked on by the rich stupid jocks. But then later, THEY SHOW EM!!

Such bullshit. Nerds / artists / hipsters / outcasts are generally the worst people. They are lazy, not smart, resentful and feel entitled. They make poor life choices and blame the system for it.

By comparison, all my sport friends are hard-working, ambitious and in promising careers. Plus they're better-looking and healthier. They're not fuckups who blow school work to go get drunk / high while playing video games. They don't go into shitty school subjects like literature, history, film or arts when they know they have no chance.
They go into "boring" things like law, accounting, engineering or medicine and are heavily rewarded for it with tons of money, prestige and happiness, while al the "go for your dreams" washouts struggle to find ANY sort of work and continue losing a grip on their lives as they let themselves go more and more over the years, gaining weight and abusing substances more in a vain effort to party forever.

If you're reading this, are bullied and don't know what to go into for college: Go where the money is. Work hard, get the grades and don't look back. You'll never be unhappy as a 25 year old who makes 70k a year. Join a sport of some kind, meet ambitious people, not pretentious art-types. Like me. Haha.

BBS Signature