New Topic Respond to this Topic
Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-05 19:13:49 Reply

At 2/21/13 10:03 PM, Sekhem wrote: sony stocks hit a 32 year low in 2012 after the flop of the vita

ps4 predictions aren't looking good either

rip sony

I don't think Sony would die out that easily since it dose more then just make the Playstation 4, it has been founded one year after World War II (7 May 1946 is when Sony was founded).

Taken for granted from what I'm seeing here could very well become another video game crash since the sales of video games where steadily going down since 2009 as mentioned on Gamautra. The video game sales where most potent around 2008 then started a decline around 2009 (hmm I wounder why).

At the typing of this post right here on this forum, we haven't had another Video Game Crash since 1983 in North America and that's like almost 30 years ago, with the bad choices being made the customers are gradually losing consumer confidence as they once did back in the early 1980s when it came to the 2nd generation gaming consoles.

The only difference here is that the reasoning for why customers are losing consumer confidence as of recent is a far more different story, not everyone has internet access and can't always enjoy the multiplayer modes seen in video gaming franchises such as Halo, Gears of War, Killzone and what else that includes multiplayer modes. Some of those gaming companies when it comes to putting video gaming in the console market are WAAAYYY too focused on making it so you have to be online just to play the certain gaming modes you can't normally get when playing video games offline.

What they really should do is make a separate achievement/trophy list for both offline and for online, again not everyone is able to afford online connection for internet and some people will in fact refuse it outright. Even then certain games are simply better off not having an achievement/trophy list, not all video games have to have achievements/trophies.

Another thing they should also do, make it so that backwards compatibility is sold separately, especially for some of those video games people know full well that just can't be found elsewhere, in fact that's what Sony should do for the Playstation 4 while they still have the chance, make it so that backwards compatibility to play past video games to be sold as a separate hardware add-on for if they do that, they'll gain even more ground then they once did when they first released the Playstation 3 back in 2006 (they could of waited until early 2007 to do so).

Either way, if video gaming companies keep making bad choices to the point where customers really lose consumer confidence, where gonna have another video game crash, they need to learn to make good choices, making it so that future gaming consoles have seperate offline and online achievement list is just one thing, making a hardware backwards compatibility thing that allows you to play past video games is another.

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-07 17:57:14 Reply

At 3/5/13 07:13 PM, Thecrazyman wrote:

A video game crash would suck. But, I think that is worst case scenario.

gangstakirby
gangstakirby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-07 18:23:42 Reply

READ THIS POST IF YOU VALUE NOT GETTING RIPPED OFF BY SONY.

the PS4 will. I repeat WILL be this:

the wii u is just a wii with an HD graphics card, all the original hacks (WIIRD/GECKO OPERATING SYSTEM) still worked launch date and still do, sony only feels the need for a PS4 because of the wii U's hype but UNFORTUNATELY us the consumer are going to get fucked by this if we do not band together and refuse to purchase and let it be known we wont purchase ps4's which by the way will do just as nintendo did and BARELY update anything at all hardware wise and give you a software patch that would run perfect on your perfectly functioning ps3. do none of you realize the ps3 hasn't even SCRATCHED its full operating potential???? why more? cuz sony is getting the nintendo dick in console sales.

Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-07 21:58:18 Reply

At 3/7/13 05:57 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
A video game crash would suck. But, I think that is worst case scenario.

Considering the fact that the number of bad choices being made by a number of gaming companies gives reason why the customers themselves (as customers are the boss) the results of a video game crash go beyond Sony itself.

One example is video games that require internet connection even for single-player, yes that's right, single player and as soon as I took note of this I was like "you have GOT to be kidding me" and that started when Diablo III came out, I'm pretty sure a number of people took this PC game back when they realize you have to have internet connection just to play this game to play even the single player.

And that's just the beginning, if they bring Diablo III out to the gaming consoles and those games require internet connection to play even single player, that be another reason why a video game crash is upcoming, look at Bungie's Destiny coming up, they say that too requires internet connection just to play even single player, and so dose the 2013 version of SimCity for PC and from what I read a LOT of people had trouble trying to play SimCity just because it requires an internet connection to play even single player mode as mentioned on this link.

That said, some of those video gaming companies that keep making it so people are required to have internet connection to play even up to single player mode if they release such games to the console market, that be another reason why we're gonna have another video game crash.

Taken for granted if it's games that are designed to be Massive Multiplayer Online gaming such as EverQuest and what not I could care less about that since there meant to have internet connection but video games designed for just single player if not co-op players such as SimCity shouldn't even require internet connection and that's what's getting Electronic Arts (or some could say Evil Arts) in the hot water, if it's games like Halo, Killzone and Gears of War well internet connection should rather be entirely optional since they have multiplayer options.

What dose all that have to involve the Playstation 4 could flop? If Sony makes bad choices and another video game crash takes place then it affects Sony a lot among other video gaming companies heavily affected, but even if Sony made good choices for the Playstation 4 and another video game crash was still allowed to take place then Sony will still suffer the effects of the video game crash, just not as badly if they made good choices for the Playstation 4.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-07 22:05:07 Reply

I really think that over time more and more people are going to go back to PC gaming. I know that once I get some money to my name I would be more likely to buy a high-end gaming computer than I would buy a PS4.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-08 00:05:39 Reply

I'm still pissed that most Playstation 3's aren't backwards compatible with PS2 titles, unless it's been digitally released in the PSN store...so now I have a bunch of useless PS2 Dvd's lying around...

I'm just now accumulating a collection of PS3 titles...and they're trying to tell me that it won't be backwards compatible with the PS4?

Oh, what's that? Now I have to pay for monthly subscriptions in order to access online play with these games, who in this day and age, have become increasingly INSISTENT that you need to be online in order to play at all?

I'm drifting further and further away from the console market with age...and my older brother, who has ALWAYS been an avid PC Gamer, will have nothing but "I told you so's" waiting for me.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-08 00:40:18 Reply

At 2/24/13 02:44 PM, MiniDroidKreator wrote: It's just too soon to tell if the PS4 would flop. Just have to wait and see how this turns out in a couple more months.

This. You guys can theorize all you want, but life doesn't always follow expectations- it's best to just see what Sony does in the months to come and then we can make more accurate judgments then.

BBS Signature
Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-08 06:35:41 Reply

At 3/8/13 12:05 AM, Phobotech wrote: I'm still pissed that most Playstation 3's aren't backwards compatible with PS2 titles, unless it's been digitally released in the PSN store...so now I have a bunch of useless PS2 Dvd's lying around...

I'm just now accumulating a collection of PS3 titles...and they're trying to tell me that it won't be backwards compatible with the PS4?

Oh, what's that? Now I have to pay for monthly subscriptions in order to access online play with these games, who in this day and age, have become increasingly INSISTENT that you need to be online in order to play at all?

I'm drifting further and further away from the console market with age...and my older brother, who has ALWAYS been an avid PC Gamer, will have nothing but "I told you so's" waiting for me.

Now that you mentioned it, I personally wished they should of at least made a backwards compatible add-on for the newer Playstation 3 systems they have out now, if they actually did that, the sales would go up for sure.

DingoWalleyStudio
DingoWalleyStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to PS4 could flop 2013-03-08 21:42:42 Reply

At 3/7/13 06:23 PM, gangstakirby wrote:
the wii u is just a wii with an HD graphics card, all the original hacks (WIIRD/GECKO OPERATING SYSTEM) still worked launch date and still do

Your bold part there, about the WiiU just being a Wii with an HD Graphics Card because hacks can work on it... You don't think that has anything to do with the fact that the WiiU can run Wii games? You don't think that has anything to do with the Wii Channel on the WiiU? People have looked into the WiiU, and they have said that it's nothing like the Wii, with it's Custom built GPGPU, and that it has 1.5 times the raw power of the Xbox 360 (And a lot more than the PS3, and a whole lot more than the Wii). Your assumption that the WiiU is just a Wii with an HD card is wrong.