triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 02:54:53 Reply

At 4/5/13 01:18 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 4/5/13 01:00 AM, Gramiscus wrote: There has not been enough scientific evidence to rule out creationism.
Every creationist hypothesis from every previous generation has been ruled out by modern science. The evolution of life on Earth follows an intuitive and predictable rate of growth.

I believe in science. I also believe that having common sense is enough proof that creationism is pure bullshit.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 03:10:16 Reply

Because *BANG! makes so much more sense.

I tried, later then.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 03:30:24 Reply

what if we didn't evolve or rise from creation but instead... just kinda farted into existance?

Honestly my proposal isn't that drastic.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 04:11:26 Reply

Creation is a word christians came up with to make fairy tales sound like a scientific theory.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 07:02:38 Reply

"I'm an atheist because I think that science is wonderful and reality itself is so mysterious and wonderful that there is no need to believe in a god.

But if a philosophy and a belief system makes you appreciate life and makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone with it.

Then god damn no one should be a shit to you about it."

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 08:24:33 Reply

At 4/7/13 08:13 AM, Trillionaire wrote: Completely wrong. Even ignoring the insane numbers of people who have been murdered, raped, molested, assaulted, imprisoned, brainwashed, stolen from, or otherwise wronged for religious beliefs: the ignorance of reality OR the complacency in allowing your peers to immerse themselves in religious delusions are both likely to cause grievous harm when those mistaken ideas incongruently interact with the real world.

Because we all know, every crime ever commited was by a religious person and there never once was any peace in the world when religious people are around.

I believe in god, or maybe I don't. Im agnostic but I lean towards theism.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 09:01:41 Reply

At 4/7/13 08:43 AM, Trillionaire wrote: Atheist bloggers are being hanged in Burma

source

Islamic women are oppressed in all Sharia nations

not in non-sharia nations though, that's just an argument for non religious governments for a more freer people. Religious governments seemed pretty common way to govern in history but its really mostly western countries that adopted different ways. Now its just convincing the middle east to do the same but using religion to gain support for you're presidency is an easy way to get votes.

North Korean citizens are enslaved by their "living God"

not a religion

African shamans murder albinos to use their body parts for potions

What a shame.

American Christians refuse to use their minds to make decisions, relying entirely on group mentality

what?

Coptic Christians in Egypt are murdered by Jihadists for being Christian

the fact that its still called murder means the goverment isnt exactly advocating for it.

It is illegal to seem non- Islamic in Saudi Arabia

what about those really wealthy islamic countries where western women can go sun bathing whilest muslim women walk around in burkhas? Ok sure, im sure the women arent allowed to leave the buildings but it shows that its possible for these countries too adopt less oppressive values.

Jihadists will murder any celebrity who "insults Mohammed" by showing him as a picture

Jihadists, Basically terrorists with religious motivations as opposed to all those other terrorists with political ones. Probably because Islam arose both as a religion AND a political party.

Israeli Defense Forces harass, kill, and shame Palestinians for sport

Thats because their cunts, along with the palestinian militants.

Islamic Nations in the Middle East are dedicated to irradiating Israel

well you're previous point would be a good reason why islamic countries are annoyed, and its not as if israel has been entirely lawful or moral in its creation and what not.

Al Qaeda is attempting to convert the entire continent of Adrica into a league of Sharia Nations, taking over any nation with resource wealth

attempting but failing.

The Bible encourages theft from anyone who isn't part of your religion. It is central to all Ibrahimic religions.
The Quran encourages murder and mutilation for many reasons.

they say it, its their choice to believe it and their choice to follow it. See how far that got them in the modern world? 6 feet in the ground or locked up so I guess more modern religious people will start to re-evaluate and change their religion.

Both encourage slavery and war

despite the fact that slavery is probably still a major issue in the modern day when religion doesnt have as much power as it once had. And war used to earn you resources, more land, more power. couldn't have only been religion why it started, just away to justify it.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 09:49:59 Reply

At 4/7/13 08:13 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 4/7/13 07:02 AM, Gagsy wrote: But if a philosophy and a belief system makes you appreciate life and makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone with it.

Then god damn no one should be a shit to you about it."
Completely wrong. Even ignoring the insane numbers of people who have been murdered, raped, molested, assaulted, imprisoned, brainwashed, stolen from, or otherwise wronged for religious beliefs: the ignorance of reality OR the complacency in allowing your peers to immerse themselves in religious delusions are both likely to cause grievous harm when those mistaken ideas incongruently interact with the real world.

Christ.

"and you aren't hurting anyone with it."

You get rapists and murders who don't believe in God but so what? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Yes, Christianity has a bad history and I'm not excusing that at all but if someone wants to believe in ANY God and they aren't thrusting their belief on others or hurting anyone else with their faith then it is no ones business but their own. And good luck to them for that.

I do not believe in God but I respect anyones right to believe whatever they feel comfortable in, or not whatever the case may be. That is their business, not yours. And faith when you have it is a wonderful thing, sometimes a priceless gift. I don't have it myself, but good luck to them for believing in something.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 10:30:14 Reply

At 4/7/13 10:15 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
You're missing my point. Delusions, the proliferation of delusions, and societies built upon delusions are flawed inherently, and will always cause problems. That singular person who refused to grow out of her religious beliefs could end up mothering the founder of the next Reich, Jihad, Zion, or any other ignorant violent extreme. The results of your complacency, could be disastrous.

It is better to ensure that religious people stay anchored, constantly reminded that the real world and their fantasies are incongruous.

Actually sir, you're missing my point.

Congratulations for making Christians seem the more well balanced human beings.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 10:51:35 Reply

At 4/7/13 10:38 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
Not slightly. You've taken this idea of "hurting someone" at face value, assuming that you can safely allow someone who seems pacifistic to live a religious life, lying to their self and others, without the possibility that the sum total of their delusions will continue the vicious cycle of religious violence. Yours is the same attitude of the people who walk past a mugging without stopping to help the victim.

Well seeing as I know I'd try to stop a mugging if I saw one happening, not walk by, just no to your comparison.

My point is, you meet someone, they're a well adjusted person, you connect on topics of games and music and then religion comes up, and they pull a sheepish smile and say that they believe in God. You stop, frown, ask "Really?". Yeah they reply. You mention evolution, science, they nod don't disagree with you but state that they just believe there is something out there, that they hold on to that belief still, maybe loosely but enough still.

Do you then stop liking this person? See them as an incompetent human being for just having faith? Ignore their values and judge them based solely on this belief?

If you answered yes to any of those, you're just a cunt.

BBS Signature
Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 10:52:27 Reply

http://icr.org

the science behind creation

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 11:46:06 Reply

At 4/7/13 10:15 AM, Trillionaire wrote:

:That singular person who refused to grow out of her religious beliefs could end up mothering the founder of the next Reich, Jihad, Zion, or any other ignorant violent extreme. The results of your complacency, could be disastrous.

It is better to ensure that religious people stay anchored, constantly reminded that the real world and their fantasies are incongruous.

How old are you?

I tried, later then.

DigitalStrip
DigitalStrip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 12:03:39 Reply

The bible is a fictional book full of lies and god is not real. Live your your life the way you want, not on some book that has stuff in it that can't even be proven. I am not trying to upset anyone or get anyone mad. Just sit back and think about it and use common sense before you get mad.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 14:47:21 Reply

At 4/7/13 12:06 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
That depends on a variety of factors. I like everyone, I think everyone without some sort of major mental deficiency has the capacity for genius.

The world needs brutally honest cunts.

No, being a brutally honest cunt is telling your girlfriend that her new hairstyle makes her look like a pre-teen boy.

What you're saying is that its ok to dismiss people due to their own personal beliefs. And it is shockingly sad if you want to merit peoples worth to just their intellect, or what you personally perceive to be intelligence anyway based on number one them not being religious.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 14:57:52 Reply

You guys are never gonna find out where we came from no matter what the fuck you do, no matter how many books you read. It's not a mystery, it's not an enigma, it's just beyond your reach forever, and you'll never know.

Speculating, is futile. Arguing like the ants you are, is comedic. Embrace the fire that awaits you or pray for mercy that will not come.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-07 15:28:29 Reply

At 4/7/13 02:57 PM, DarkMatter wrote: You guys are never gonna find out where we came from no matter what the fuck you do, no matter how many books you read. It's not a mystery, it's not an enigma, it's just beyond your reach forever, and you'll never know.

Speculating, is futile. Arguing like the ants you are, is comedic. Embrace the fire that awaits you or pray for mercy that will not come.

Someone who finally understands humanity was not meant to grasp the concept of where or how we came to be, Thank you for posting.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-08 13:40:07 Reply

At 4/8/13 05:27 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 4/7/13 03:28 PM, Kanon wrote:
At 4/7/13 02:57 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I am ignorant
Thank you for being ignorant
Also completely wrong. The entire history of humanity can be understood through the study of math and science. "Dark Matter", you call yourself. You're a silly little stoner shit. Stop fucking up your life and you might find it to be quite explicable.

Kanon, don't encourage him.

Lol please cumstain you want to talk about me having no life when your the one bitching to teens on Newgrounds about the origin of a species who isn't half a comma in a sentence of the book we call the universe.

Get off my dick you jizzbomb mopping gutter slut, or are you to butthurt to quit?

BBS Signature
IcyWarriorOfLava
IcyWarriorOfLava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-08 14:50:18 Reply

How can you be christian and go to newgrounds, this site reeks of lust, violence, diseases of the mind, flash videos rated everyone have swearing and sexual innuendo, if you ARE christian let me tell you; this place will corrupt you.

The only thing that matters though is love, Jesus said the bible can be summed up in one sentence "Love thy neighbor".

IcyWarriorOfLava
IcyWarriorOfLava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-08 15:24:09 Reply

Actually Christianity might exist despite creationism being false, it's some pretty complex mindfuckery though. Basically jesus said that you can do anything with faith, therefor let us assume our reality is defined by faith and also doubt, the doubt gives way to death, war famine, the hope gives way to humanity, life, friendship, society. Basically, every moment is defined by our faith and love, you are literally defining your personal existence, and you indirectly create the world you live in.

Hallucinogenic drugs can teach you, and no, these types of drugs aren't evil unless you are evil (Except, heroin/speed), I've experienced amazing deep love you can not comprehend while on them, I've seen things that made me wonder if it was even a hallucination. One of my experiences I was sinking into darkness, hell, I grabbed my cat and looked at her, she's not alive I thought, she's just a biological organism, like an organic robot she didn't actually love me deep down, humans had simply bred animals to love them but I didn't want that, I wanted her to be real, alive, I loved her, so I hugged her, or perhaps I was killing her as she tried to escape my grip, but once I brought her to my heart enough she squealed/meowed, and i let go, and I heard children singing "Love brings you back to realityyyy....", and she began purring and loving and I felt that for a moment we were both alive, not just biological machines. I went to my computer and told other drug users and they thought I was just shitposting or something and I heard a sound like I was sinking into water, I was sinking back into the darkness, I could not read anything on the internet, I was losing my mind, but when I felt LOVE I could read again, I literally stopped hallucinating but every time I heard or thought about something bad I would sink again.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-08 21:28:54 Reply

At 4/8/13 02:50 PM, IcyWarriorOfLava wrote: How can you be christian and go to newgrounds, this site reeks of lust, violence, diseases of the mind, flash videos rated everyone have swearing and sexual innuendo, if you ARE christian let me tell you; this place will corrupt you.

The only thing that matters though is love, Jesus said the bible can be summed up in one sentence "Love thy neighbor".

Look, the Bible justifies murder, rape and slavery and sexism. The Bible wielders and pushers are a bunch of hypocrites. It isn't hard to see they commit 'sins' (eg. going to NG) then justify their action. If you believe the 10 Commandments is flawless, you should be shot then hanged up dry. The 10 Commandments is no different than the 7 Commandments in Animal Farm, Christians are the pigs.

Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-04-08 21:52:21 Reply

I really could not give a fuck about what anyone believes. No like... if you gave me a thousand fucks, and the government gave me a thousand fucks, and everyone in the whole world gave me all the fucks they had... I would not give you a fuck.

BBS Signature