Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 07:08 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 07:05 AM, Auz wrote:
At 2/24/13 02:49 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/24/13 01:30 PM, Auz wrote: No, come on, it really wasn't :p
What's wrong with it? It has better acting than the Star Wars prequels, decent action scenes, and is even humorous at times - much like the original Dragon Ball.
That's not really a high bar you're setting there with the Star Wars prequels :p

We're not talking classics here - just films that were hated more than was warranted.

The CGI was okay as far as I remember, but that was the only decent thing about it.

Nothing about it is mindblowingly bad. Watch it again.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 07:51 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 07:08 AM, Sekhem wrote: Nothing about it is mindblowingly bad. Watch it again.

I'd even wager there's some good in it. The writer(s?) wrote in some blatant DB/Z references and shout outs... just because, James Marsters and Chow Yun-Fat are memorable, and despite being so un-Goku it hurts I'd argue that Justin Chatwin's character had some decent (adequate, mediocre, okay, average) development from unconfident, selfiish loser to selfless hero... or something, idk.

The movie is so schizo I swear, there's a lot of bad but there's some (wrongly-focused) effort and care and GOD I KEEP FLIP-FLOPPING ON THIS MOVIE, WHY CAN I NOT STAY CONSISTENT. I can't even tell is Sekhem's trolling, and I don't even care.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 07:51 AM, Ryanson wrote: I can't even tell is Sekhem's trolling, and I don't even care.

I'm not. I also legitimately like the Dead or Alive (video game) film, too.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 08:32 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/25/13 07:51 AM, Ryanson wrote: I can't even tell is Sekhem's trolling, and I don't even care.

That one I more mildly dislike. The games are pretty silly and stupid in gimmick and plot, so the movie captures the feel at least. The only thing that really really bugged me is the utter lack of Hitomi. I saw her name on a tournament bracket, I think saw someone who could have vaguely been her in the background of an unrelated scene, but like nearly every playable character from the first 3 games is there and no Hitomi? No fan-favorite to throw in there? No room in your movie for the DOA3 cover girl? Geez, you could have thrown her in instead of creating new characters that serve no purpose.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and be different. You know what movies are more hated than they should be? The Star Wars prequels. Yeah, they're particularly flawed in some very important areas. Yeah, George Lucas shouldn't have had free reign on them. Yeah, they in no way measure up to the original trilogy. But guys... have you seen the animated Clone Wars movie? Have you seen The Last Airbender? Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li? Dragon Wars? The Room? The prequels are just bad relative to episodes IV through VI -- I'd argue when relative to other bad movies, or even just stand-alone, they're more mediocre. Still entertaining, but not entirely memorable.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Films more hated than they should Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 08:32 AM, Sekhem wrote:

Oh god that was a movie? *googles Ayane and cries*