Be a Supporter!

Films more hated than they should

  • 1,253 Views
  • 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nitro24
Nitro24
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Animator
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 09:11:13 Reply

The 2003 Hulk get's way more hate than it should. It's actually a pretty deep film but it was marketed as a action superhero movie which it wasn't.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 11:09:10 Reply

I could probably come up with a few, but right now the only one that comes to mind is Vanilla Sky.

As far as I know Vanilla Sky got mediocre reviews, but it was actually a pretty interesting film in my opinion. Only thing that kinda ruined it was the ending in which they unnecessarily explained everything, but other than that I think it deserved better.

At 2/21/13 03:59 AM, HighWay wrote: the twilight movies besides the first one where okay.

they where watchable.

I feel like it's exactly the other way around actually. The first one got a lot more hate than it deserved. It was just a boring, 5/10 film that's not worth much attention. After the first one they went "so bad, it's funny" though, except for the fourth which wasn't even fun to point and laugh at.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 15:27:46 Reply

At 2/21/13 04:31 AM, The777Demon wrote:
I've never met anyone in my entire life who said they hated that movie. Must be a generational gap, or you are just being a dick.

I was about to say the same thing. The internet has a lot of hubs where people from all over the world with a minority opinion can appear to be larger than they are. I have never seen a single person that hated Forrest Gump.


Sega and Nintendo fan group on FacebooklBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 15:32:02 Reply

Batman and Robin.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a good movie, but I don't see why it gets as much hate as it does.

Why are so many other movies like this allowed to become hilarious, pop culture phenomenons, but Batman and Robin can only be viewed as an odious thing that should not be viewed by anyone?

Batman and Robin IS a better movie than The Room.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 15:36:35 Reply

At 2/21/13 06:40 AM, Scarface wrote: The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I can admit, they weren't great movies, but people bashed the shit out of them, and still do today.
At 2/20/13 10:59 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 2/20/13 10:57 PM, Klik wrote: Avatar and forrest gump

Both mildly enjoyable movies that get too much hate because their too popular when in reality no one thinks either are truely groundbreaking and think their just nicely made movies.

I will agree with these...

I've never met anyone who has hated forest gump.

And this. Although the Internet is full of people who dislike it(for the sole reason of being overrated, a logic I still can't fully comprehend).


Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 15:38:25 Reply

Battleship.

Make no mistake, it was a bad movie. But with a different title it probably would have done better. I just don't see how it was any worse than say, Independence Day.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 15:39:21 Reply






.

I've never met anyone who has hated forest gump.

I don't hate it, but there are some weird things about it.

Like how the movie implies that if you go through life mindlessly doing everything you're told by authority figures, you will have a great life, but if you become a hippie or something, you're going to have a terrible life and die from some movie disease.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 18:27:30 Reply

Reloaded was cool for the most part. Revolutions had its moments but was kinda lame overall, and the ending was terrible.

King Kong was decent.

The only reason anybody watches Caligula is for the orgy scene.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:07:52 Reply

At 2/21/13 03:32 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Batman and Robin.

Honestly, a big reason a lot of people didn't like this movie was the sound affects were too annoying. In a loud theater I can see that. Playing it at home may not seem as bad, though, which would make it seem like it wasn't as bad in retrospect.


Sega and Nintendo fan group on FacebooklBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

Happygrounder
Happygrounder
  • Member since: May. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:12:00 Reply

Meh, film critics, always with their rotten tomatoes.

It's the people's opinion that counts, not some creepy film critic.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:16:39 Reply

the dragonball fanbase is mostly full of babies who couldn't handle even minor changes to the mythology

this movie is very watchable

Films more hated than they should


trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Happygrounder
Happygrounder
  • Member since: May. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:19:21 Reply

At 2/21/13 10:16 PM, Sekhem wrote: the dragonball fanbase is mostly full of babies who couldn't handle even minor changes to the mythology

this movie is very watchable

Well, actually, that movie really crossed the line too much.

I... VOMITED!!!

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Gamer
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:33:38 Reply

At 2/21/13 12:59 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Be more social and talk to more people than your mother then.

I am social, I just live where there is smart people. Those hasty generalizations you make must do you proud.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:36:37 Reply

Inception. One of my friend's friends said "I hate the movie because its so fucking confusing!" My percentage of faith in humanity dropped at rock bottom at that point.


XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Reader
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 22:46:30 Reply

At 2/21/13 12:59 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Be more social and talk to more people than your mother then.

Bit of a dick moment, wouldn't you say?


"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 23:16:42 Reply

At 2/21/13 10:07 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:32 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Batman and Robin.
Honestly, a big reason a lot of people didn't like this movie was the sound affects were too annoying.

I think it had more to do with the whole movie being terrible overall. In fact, I recently tried to watch Batman Forever and until then, I hadn't realized how dumb it was. I loved it when I was a kid and before this recent attempt to watch it, I hadn't seen it in a really long time.

"Oh, nooo! boiling acid!"


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 23:48:02 Reply

At 2/21/13 10:07 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:32 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Batman and Robin.
Honestly, a big reason a lot of people didn't like this movie was the sound affects were too annoying. In a loud theater I can see that. Playing it at home may not seem as bad, though, which would make it seem like it wasn't as bad in retrospect.

I'm sick of hearing the gripe about the suits having nipples on them.

Yes, Joel Schumacher is a gay man, and maybe he fetishized the male figure.

Get over it!

It's getting a little homophobic, to be honest with you.

zag
zag
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Writer
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-21 23:56:20 Reply

The Razzies are shit awards anyway. I rarely agree with their decisions.
They seem to base their awards entirely on Rotten Tomatoes...


BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-22 00:29:02 Reply

At 2/21/13 10:19 PM, Happygrounder wrote:
At 2/21/13 10:16 PM, Sekhem wrote: the dragonball fanbase is mostly full of babies who couldn't handle even minor changes to the mythology

this movie is very watchable
Well, actually, that movie really crossed the line too much.

I... VOMITED!!!

If it wasn't from laughing too hard, you're an even bigger baby than Sekhem implied.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 13:30:53 Reply

I'd like to add Watchmen to this thread.

Received okay reviews, but I know there's quite a number of people who dislike it or even hate it.

I have the impression they mostly hate it because Zack Snyder. Yes, he did use that trademark slomo effect of his a few times, but all in all it was incredibly faithfully adapted. Pretty much everything in the book is in there and I don't know what else a fan could wish for really.

At 2/21/13 10:16 PM, Sekhem wrote: the dragonball fanbase is mostly full of babies who couldn't handle even minor changes to the mythology

this movie is very watchable

No, come on, it really wasn't :p


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 14:49:41 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:30 PM, Auz wrote:
At 2/21/13 10:16 PM, Sekhem wrote: the dragonball fanbase is mostly full of babies who couldn't handle even minor changes to the mythology

this movie is very watchable
No, come on, it really wasn't :p

What's wrong with it? It has better acting than the Star Wars prequels, decent action scenes, and is even humorous at times - much like the original Dragon Ball.


trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:07:10 Reply

At 2/20/13 10:42 PM, Boomstick wrote: I like Adam Sandler's early movies, and same with Jim Carrey.

I think those aren't getting much hate. Not from popular comedy movies circle anyway...

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:09:58 Reply

At 2/21/13 06:40 AM, Scarface wrote: The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I can admit, they weren't great movies, but people bashed the shit out of them, and still do today.

Yeah well, when you turn a very intelligent flick into a World War 324234 with superheroes beating the shit out of 485 persons at the same time during extended shitty fighting scenes for the masses... you have to expect some hate from the early days fans...

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:14:41 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:30 PM, Auz wrote: I'd like to add Watchmen to this thread.

Received okay reviews, but I know there's quite a number of people who dislike it or even hate it.

I have the impression they mostly hate it because Zack Snyder. Yes, he did use that trademark slomo effect of his a few times, but all in all it was incredibly faithfully adapted. Pretty much everything in the book is in there and I don't know what else a fan could wish for really.

I know what you mean. I remember seeing this after reading the comic book novel, and I think that in many ways it is one the most faithful comic book adaptions out there. Actually in some regards I think that the plot in the movie makes way more sense than it does in the comic.

I can understand that Alan Moore didn't like, because honestly that crazy guy never likes any adaptions of his work, but that fans of the comic such as myself hate baffles me.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:52:21 Reply

At 2/21/13 03:38 PM, Entice wrote: Battleship.

Agreed. The reason it's so hated is because it had such a big hype to live up to, though. If I'd have watched it without knowing about it it would have made a much greater first impression!

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:54:35 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:52 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:38 PM, Entice wrote: Battleship.
Agreed. The reason it's so hated is because it had such a big hype to live up to, though. If I'd have watched it without knowing about it it would have made a much greater first impression!

You guys are kidding, right ? This movie couldn't get enough hate. Thinking that there will be more people to remember this shitty movie than all the things I will have ever accomplished in my life when I die is enough to get me in a rather depressed mood...

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 15:59:52 Reply

Batman Forever was pretty entertaining (thanks solely to Jim Carrey though...)

Dude, where's my car was lauded by a lot of people, but I still love the insane randomness of it all.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 16:05:25 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: You guys are kidding, right ? This movie couldn't get enough hate. Thinking that there will be more people to remember this shitty movie than all the things I will have ever accomplished in my life when I die is enough to get me in a rather depressed mood...

Surely there are worse movies you could think of? There are tons of B movies out there that are much worse. If this one had been one of those instead of a blockbuster, then it would have stood out high above the competition. The acting is crap indeed, but the special effects are still unearthly, much unlike the old Children of the Corn movies and the like. :/

At 2/24/13 03:59 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Dude, where's my car was lauded by a lot of people, but I still love the insane randomness of it all.

Didn't know it was lauded, I've always considered that a classic. It has some insanely comical moments in it. :)

amplefied
amplefied
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-24 17:33:52 Reply

Film critics are known to be over 400 pounds and a complete waste of air.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Films more hated than they should 2013-02-25 07:05:16 Reply

At 2/24/13 02:49 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/24/13 01:30 PM, Auz wrote: No, come on, it really wasn't :p
What's wrong with it? It has better acting than the Star Wars prequels, decent action scenes, and is even humorous at times - much like the original Dragon Ball.

That's not really a high bar you're setting there with the Star Wars prequels :p

I remember the acting in the Dragonball film being very bad, the writing being very bad, the fight choreography being bad and the film seemed to be in too much of a rush. I mean, the climactic battle with Piccolo at the end didn't last longer than a minute, which made it kinda lame. The CGI was okay as far as I remember, but that was the only decent thing about it.

I'm not sure about exact details anymore, because I've watched it five months ago and have mostly forgotten about it.

At 2/24/13 03:14 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 2/24/13 01:30 PM, Auz wrote: I'd like to add Watchmen to this thread.

Received okay reviews, but I know there's quite a number of people who dislike it or even hate it.

I have the impression they mostly hate it because Zack Snyder. Yes, he did use that trademark slomo effect of his a few times, but all in all it was incredibly faithfully adapted. Pretty much everything in the book is in there and I don't know what else a fan could wish for really.
I know what you mean. I remember seeing this after reading the comic book novel, and I think that in many ways it is one the most faithful comic book adaptions out there. Actually in some regards I think that the plot in the movie makes way more sense than it does in the comic.

SPOILERS
Yeah. For example, I liked how in the film Adrian wanted to place the blame on Dr Manhattan in order to prevent a nuclear war, rather than fake an alien invasion. It worked a lot better that way in my opinion and it made more sense to me.
END SPOILERS

I can understand that Alan Moore didn't like, because honestly that crazy guy never likes any adaptions of his work, but that fans of the comic such as myself hate baffles me.

Indeed. But I guess it just goes to show that you'll never be able to please many amongst the book reading crowd. They'll always complain, no matter how well a film turns out.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature