TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 01:36 AM Reply

oh crap this makes sense.
so, this guy on youtube makes up these type of game theories as to how something happens in a game.
This theory he brought up here kinda makes aeris' death pretty silly or shocking.

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 02:13 AM Reply

I was re-listening the FF7 soundtrack. What a coincidence.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 02:26 AM Reply

At 2/20/13 01:36 AM, TheMajormel wrote: oh crap this makes sense.
so, this guy on youtube makes up these type of game theories as to how something happens in a game.
This theory he brought up here kinda makes aeris' death pretty silly or shocking.

I hated Aerith, but in all seriousness the graphic impalement of a girl is different then some blood on the face.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 06:45 AM Reply

Temple of the Ancients sucked. I never used Aeris for the whole game and then I am required to have her in my party. She had no materia and had shitty equips.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 07:30 AM Reply

I never found her death sad at all. people over exaggerated, I just shrugged it off and continued.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 07:58 AM Reply

I might be a hypocrite for saying this but damn, what a nerd!

Although he does presents his case in a good way, and make it at least seem somewhat believable. But it is still over analyzing details that the developers themselves probably didn't even pay much attention to.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 2/20/13 07:58 AM, Mismo wrote: I might be a hypocrite for saying this but damn, what a nerd!

Although he does presents his case in a good way, and make it at least seem somewhat believable. But it is still over analyzing details that the developers themselves probably didn't even pay much attention to.

That is what makes this youtuber so interesting. I myself watched this video a few weeks ago also when I first disovered the Game Theories series, and I have to say there hasn't been a single video in that series which I have been unimpressed with. His over analyzing is truly awe inspiring and endlessly amusing and interesting. More people need to put this much effort into their theories when they give them.

My favourite thing he does is the "How fast is Sonic the Hedgehog?" episode, where he uses Sonic 2006 to get an accurate height for Sonic by comparing him next to the human girl in a cutscene then using that height to span the sprite of Sonic 1 across the first level, seeing how long the level is as a result so he can take the speed run time for the level and calculate what Sonic's miles per second speed. Then does a similar thing in Sonic Unleashed using a real world building length as the distance on one of the levels based in a city.

It is that type of over analysing which makes his videos so amazing to watch, no one else goes into so much detail while at the same time still being interesting and fun.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:07 PM Reply

I expected this to be about how Sephiroth's physical form was trapped in the north crater, but it ended up being much, much cooler. Awesome theory, subscribed.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:24 PM Reply

It's obviously not canon but it was an interesting watch regardless. He certainly put a lot of thought into it so credit to him.

Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Alright, let's pretend this wasn't a creative oversight.

Nothing too shocking - I must have had 20-30 of those heart-restarting, organ-regenerating, blood-replenishing, bone or brain stem-restoring Phoenix Downs in my magical chest of wonders by that point in the game.

And did Cloud think to use one? Noooo...

The video was funny, and informative since I know virtually nothing about the human body short of how to blink, breath, and burp, but... come on, nothing "revelatory". Mistakes were made.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 05:47 PM, Protagonist wrote: So much over thinking. It's obvious it was just due to limitations and lack research. But who cares anyway, that game sucks.

No it doesn't.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 11:03 AM Reply

She died because everyone has fucking amnesia in cut-scenes, anyway her death was just convenient bullshit I hate forced stuff like that when the game it self has a instant revive tool that magical brings everyone back from the dead but is completely forgotten in cut-scene just because it would ruin the story it shouldn't be there in the first place then.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 11:03 AM, KiDX05 wrote: just because it would ruin the story it shouldn't be there in the first place then.

So every game should just have permadeath, yeah, that's a great idea.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 01:37 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 2/23/13 11:03 AM, KiDX05 wrote: just because it would ruin the story it shouldn't be there in the first place then.

Yes they all should why have a item that can bring people back if that item disappears from the world in cut-scenes, I love RPGs with perma-death on characters why love fallout"Although hate children being indestructible but a quick dl of mods can fix that" .

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to how aeris really died. Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 07:50 PM Reply

Yes they all should why have a item that can bring people back if that item disappears from the world in cut-scenes, I love RPGs with perma-death on characters why love fallout"Although hate children being indestructible but a quick dl of mods can fix that" .

Phoenix down revives KO
Aeris died.