New Topic Respond to this Topic
Wabefuhon
Wabefuhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Account name gone but email remains 2013-02-19 14:18:49 Reply

This problem arose some time ago. At random, the username is not in the system, but the email address is. Can't use the email again and can't log in because the user name is not in the system. The email address wasn't notified of any bans or restrictions, just gone. What would cause something like this to happen?

RaccoonButter
RaccoonButter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Account name gone but email remains 2013-02-21 00:59:47 Reply

At 2/19/13 02:18 PM, Wabefuhon wrote: This problem arose some time ago. At random, the username is not in the system, but the email address is. Can't use the email again and can't log in because the user name is not in the system. The email address wasn't notified of any bans or restrictions, just gone. What would cause something like this to happen?

Sometimes, when you're trying get the Newgrounds API to work, people have trouble. It'll give you compiler errors when you export the SWF. This could be causing it, and I've been having trouble too man. Hopefully SOMEONE will respond.

Wabefuhon
Wabefuhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Account name gone but email remains 2013-02-23 13:52:33 Reply

Sometimes, when you're trying get the Newgrounds API to work, people have trouble. It'll give you compiler errors when you export the SWF. This could be causing it, and I've been having trouble too man. Hopefully SOMEONE will respond.

Actually, this has gone on for a long time. The email is still in the system, but the account name wasn't. I ended up making a new account with the same name which did work. But this really shouldn't be happening, unless it's for keeping record of banned email accounts.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Account name gone but email remains 2013-02-23 13:54:54 Reply

At 2/23/13 01:52 PM, Wabefuhon wrote:
Actually, this has gone on for a long time. The email is still in the system, but the account name wasn't. I ended up making a new account with the same name which did work. But this really shouldn't be happening, unless it's for keeping record of banned email accounts.

None of us can help you with that. You'll have to contact one of the site admin. Probably Tom or Wade. Good luck.