00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Girls (TV Show)

3,994 Views | 43 Replies

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-02-23 22:23:45

At 2/23/13 10:12 PM, EJR wrote: Alright so I just finished episode 1 not too long ago, and so far I give it a 6/10. I like that the episodes are only a half hour long because it moved so slowly that I wouldn't be interested enough to watch it for a whole hour. The characters are all mildly interesting so far but they developed well enough to peak my interest, and some of the female characters are attractive.
Will continue soon.

Thank you for this kind review EJR. It gets progressively better as the season goes on.

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-02 10:55:35

At 3/1/13 07:54 PM, EJR wrote: I finished episodes 2 and 3 just now. This show has some decent pacing and the drama still isn't absurd enough to make me cringe. Hannah is really annoying.

p.s. Marnie is fine.

I like Marnie, she's just soooo UGHGHUG. You'll understand later.

Glad you didn't run away from it.

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-02 11:25:36

I actually just watched the episode where the implausibly good looking doctor-man falls head over heels in love with her and keeps telling her how beautiful she is and I think she's supposed to be charming. Also she plays ping pong naked and then has a shower, naked. And then it gets DEEP where she says she was lonely "on a really DEEP level" before she met him. On a really deep level.

And so I realised, I think I don't actually like this show very much. She reminded me of the mosquito from Breaking Bad, in that episode.

I too dislike the colouring; and I don't mean the much-commented-on lack of racial diversity (minus what was essentially a Donald Glover cameo).

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-02 18:19:16

At 3/2/13 11:25 AM, Ejit wrote: I actually just watched the episode where the implausibly good looking doctor-man falls head over heels in love with her and keeps telling her how beautiful she is and I think she's supposed to be charming. Also she plays ping pong naked and then has a shower, naked. And then it gets DEEP where she says she was lonely "on a really DEEP level" before she met him. On a really deep level.

It was a 'p. deep' episode. That one wasn't particularly my favorite episode either. It was just so meh.

And so I realized, I think I don't actually like this show very much. She reminded me of the mosquito from Breaking Bad, in that episode.

It's not for everyone. It's a like it or you don't show. I feel like it is anyways.

I too dislike the colouring; and I don't mean the much-commented-on lack of racial diversity (minus what was essentially a Donald Glover cameo).

I really wish they utilized DG a lot more. He was such nice character. I wish they would up the contrast on the show in at least one episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 11:48:32

S2E8 was really good, already can't wait for the next one. I like the episodes where the guys are involved, they are better characters imo.

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 11:51:34

At 2/18/13 12:08 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: So I've been watching this show recently and I'm like memorized by it. I don't know why. I keep watching it and watching it. It's pretty interesting. Has anyone heard of this show and have seen it?

Easily one of the best shows on television.

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 12:38:23

At 3/2/13 06:19 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: It's not for everyone. It's a like it or you don't show. I feel like it is anyways.

I half like it, half don't tho

I really wish they utilized DG a lot more. He was such nice character. I wish they would up the contrast on the show in at least one episode.

I don't know, I thought his character was pretty boring. His main character trait seemed to be that he was a republican and for some reason everyone knew + cared.

At 3/6/13 11:48 AM, o0-0o wrote: S2E8 was really good, already can't wait for the next one. I like the episodes where the guys are involved, they are better characters imo.

Agreed there. Ray and the other fellow are great.

The trouble for me is the Hannah woman is so unlikeable, but has to be the flipping centre of everything (because she's played by the writer?). First it was all about her relationship, then her "deep loneliness", then her book deal (it turns out she's REALLY talented!), now she has flipping OCD. Also I'm pretty sure there were a few episodes about her naked torso. It's like the writer is desperately craving attention for her own stupid (semi-autobiographical?) character. With no redeeming features, either. She's self-absorbed nastiness, displaying contempt for her friends, parents and damaged ex-boyfriend.

And the writer's blind to it 'cos it's HER. The show would be like 556% better if the character was played by someone else.

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 13:59:50

I have conflicting feelings about the show, the first three episodes had a really weak narrative

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 14:51:30

I saw little of yesterday actually and it seemed like interesting show. Guess it is more appealing to a more mature audience though.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 15:11:05

Sounds to me like a piece of shit show. I'll give in a couple weeks before network administrators rip that retarded shit off the air.

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 17:07:09

At 3/6/13 03:11 PM, Baby-Bottle-Bob wrote: Sounds to me like a piece of shit show. I'll give in a couple weeks before network administrators rip that retarded shit off the air.

Won 2 Golden Globes, HBO has kept on shows that achieved much less.

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 17:36:21

At 3/6/13 12:38 PM, Ejit wrote: The trouble for me is the Hannah woman is so unlikeable, but has to be the flipping centre of everything (because she's played by the writer?)
It's like the writer is desperately craving attention for her own stupid (semi-autobiographical?) character. With no redeeming features, either. She's self-absorbed nastiness, displaying contempt for her friends, parents and damaged ex-boyfriend.
And the writer's blind to it 'cos it's HER. The show would be like 556% better if the character was played by someone else.

Funny how people love to criticize Girls for this, but never do the same for Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm or Louie. Hmmm....

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 18:50:07

At 3/6/13 05:36 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: Funny how people love to criticize Girls for this, but never do the same for Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm or Louie. Hmmm....

No it isn't, because they're about one character. So you don't groan every time a scene involves one of them. Because they all do. And they're likeable. Louie moreso, but Larry is at least charismatic - and doesn't beg for sympathy. Larry's a bit like Ray.

I don't know why any criticism of the show Girls has to be strenuously interpreted as some instinctive anti-feminist reaction. I fucking love 30 Rock, for what it's worth!

Response to Girls (TV Show) 2013-03-06 19:05:53

It was recommended to me and I watched most of Season 1. Some of it was great but I just couldn't quite get into it.