Be a Supporter!
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Rework the Collabonator 2013-02-16 22:28:25 Reply

Hey, you know, it feels like the Collabonator could really use some work.

More specifically, I think postings with a shorter post time should be posted on the top.

See, I have a collab that's simply not getting any bites, in fact, so far I really haven't gotten any Collabonator bites.

Maybe some more links would also be useful, perhaps automatically post collabonator posts to the collab forum in a specific thread in a way akin to P-Bot's postings? As in, ALL the posts in one thread, updated daily.

I think the collabonator would be a powerful tool if only it were a little more out-front as a "main feature" of the site.

Good.

HandsomeCat
HandsomeCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Rework the Collabonator 2013-02-23 00:46:05 Reply

At 2/16/13 10:28 PM, squidly wrote: I think the collabonator would be a powerful tool if only it were a little more out-front as a "main feature" of the site.

Yeah. No one knows about it.

Rework the Collabonator

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Rework the Collabonator 2013-02-23 01:57:36 Reply

At 2/23/13 12:46 AM, HandsomeCat wrote:
At 2/16/13 10:28 PM, squidly wrote: I think the collabonator would be a powerful tool if only it were a little more out-front as a "main feature" of the site.
Yeah. No one knows about it.

That button needs to exist as well.

In fact, Collab Requests should have a place on the front page, a small page with "team up" or something.

Also, I think there should be a "flexibility" option. I don't want to be looking for artists who want a programmer so they can give me all their imaginative ideas when I'm trying to finish a project.

Good.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Rework the Collabonator 2013-02-23 04:55:46 Reply

Collabinator style P-bot postings would be an awesome idea, that should get the interest going. Another neat feature would be adding some kind of reference in user profiles of what collaboration ideas they've posted, or just a link to any projects you may have posted.