New Topic Respond to this Topic
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:18 PM Reply

So I choose EZ Drummer as a VST instrument, it opens up EZdrummer, but every time I click on a drum I can't hear any sounds. When I drag and drop my grooves onto Cubase I can see the sound, but I can't hear anything. Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm new to these kinds of programs.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:18 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote: So I choose EZ Drummer as a VST instrument, it opens up EZdrummer, but every time I click on a drum I can't hear any sounds. When I drag and drop my grooves onto Cubase I can see the sound, but I can't hear anything. Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm new to these kinds of programs.

Do you use Asio4all?

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:18 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote: So I choose EZ Drummer as a VST instrument, it opens up EZdrummer, but every time I click on a drum I can't hear any sounds. When I drag and drop my grooves onto Cubase I can see the sound, but I can't hear anything. Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm new to these kinds of programs.

Here's a good tutorial found on Youtube that should get you up and running.

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:36 PM Reply

Do you use Asio4all?

No idea what this is.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:36 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote:
Do you use Asio4all?
No idea what this is.

It's an alternate driver for your computer's sound device that's designed for music production, as opposed to your sound device's standard drivers, which might be geared for music listening and/or gaming audio.

Eventually, you'll want to start using an audio interface that comes with it's own ASIO drivers, but that's further down the road at this point.

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer

Still can't get any sound, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician

At 2/16/13 03:36 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote:
Do you use Asio4all?
No idea what this is.

Then follow BrokenDeck's advice i guess xD

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

First, make sure the samples are actually loaded. In the lower right corner it should say 'XXX MB' (replace X's with number). However, if there's 0 MB loaded, check the top of the EZ drummer window to see whether you have a kit (EZX) selected at all. The default one is 'pop / rock'.

If that didn't fix it, and you're absolutely sure there is no sound being produced (check the meters), then you may want to reinstall the whole thing.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:45 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote: Still can't get any sound, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You could try the Steinberg knowledge base.

If you want to wait a few days, then you can PM me your skype name and I might be able to lend some help via a skype conference, since I use Cubase as well. I'm a bit busy ATM with other things so I've referring you to online tutorials :P

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 05:17 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:52 PM, EagleGuard wrote:
First, make sure the samples are actually loaded. In the lower right corner it should say 'XXX MB' (replace X's with number). However, if there's 0 MB loaded, check the top of the EZ drummer window to see whether you have a kit (EZX) selected at all. The default one is 'pop / rock'.

If that didn't fix it, and you're absolutely sure there is no sound being produced (check the meters), then you may want to reinstall the whole thing.

The MB's are all loaded, there is a kit selected, but everytime i click on a drum or paste a groove in Cubase I can't hear anything. But still the sound meter bumps up and down everytime I click on a sound.

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 06:14 AM Reply

At 2/17/13 05:17 AM, MagicMichael66 wrote: The MB's are all loaded, there is a kit selected, but everytime i click on a drum or paste a groove in Cubase I can't hear anything. But still the sound meter bumps up and down everytime I click on a sound.

Which sound meter? Cubase's?
Do you get sound from anything else in Cubase?

BBS Signature
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 06:59 AM Reply

At 2/17/13 06:14 AM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/17/13 05:17 AM, MagicMichael66 wrote: The MB's are all loaded, there is a kit selected, but everytime i click on a drum or paste a groove in Cubase I can't hear anything. But still the sound meter bumps up and down everytime I click on a sound.

Yes, Cubase's sound meter. I can get sound when I record my guitar through in line recording.

BBS Signature
EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 07:04 AM Reply

Well, have you been able to hear other instruments before, or does it only happen with EZ drummer? And are you sure it is the sound meter (on the right side of the Transport Panel) and not the latency meter (on the left side of the Transport Panel) that you're reading?

If other instruments have worked correctly in the past, it may again be worth reinstalling the thing.

BBS Signature
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Well, have you been able to hear other instruments before, or does it only happen with EZ drummer? And are you sure it is the sound meter (on the right side of the Transport Panel) and not the latency meter (on the left side of the Transport Panel) that you're reading?

If other instruments have worked correctly in the past, it may again be worth reinstalling the thing.

This is the first time I ever put a VST instrument in Cubase. I can see the sound meter bumping but I can't hear anything.

BBS Signature
TheBenjerman
TheBenjerman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 10:59 AM Reply

At 2/17/13 06:59 AM, MagicMichael66 wrote:
At 2/17/13 06:14 AM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
Yes, Cubase's sound meter. I can get sound when I record my guitar through in line recording.

If you play back the audio after you record it do you still hear it? Or can you only hear the guitar WHILE you're recording?

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to EZDrummer problem on Cubase 5 Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 11:44 AM Reply

Have you made sure you've activated the monitor button in the track? ;) It's the little speaker looking button, Make sure it's clicked on.