00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thou an Organ Donor

2,742 Views | 47 Replies

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 10:31:24

At 2/16/13 05:46 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/16/13 05:22 AM, Auz wrote: When I got the form a couple of years back I didn't really want to become one. This whole idea of people picking my body apart when I'm dead didn't feel right to me. I filled in "yes" anyway though and in hindsight I think it's good that I did. I don't need my corpse to look pretty anyway and it would be great if I could still save one or two people after I'm dead.
Does everyone get a form by default? That's news to me. :/

In the country where I live, everybody automatically gets a form through mail as soon as he or she turns 18 years old (and is considered an adult before the law). In the form, you can also specify which organs you would like to be a donor for.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 10:39:41

Hell NO, if your a donor there is a chance of having a doctor that will let you die so the organs can be harvested, you do know doctors and hospitals make premiums off that shit right?

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 11:41:45

At 2/16/13 10:31 AM, Auz wrote: In the country where I live, everybody automatically gets a form through mail as soon as he or she turns 18 years old (and is considered an adult before the law). In the form, you can also specify which organs you would like to be a donor for.

Sounds almost like the government is harvesting organs from the population! It is the government though, right? Not some third-party commercial conglomerates making money off of dead people's bodies?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 11:58:23

At 2/15/13 10:26 PM, Ma1achi wrote:
At 2/15/13 09:51 PM, Jester wrote: plus now my permit's all prettied up with the little organ donor symbol.
What a great reason.

Have you ever made a post that wasn't a serious and condescending reply to something that was by no means serious?

At 2/16/13 10:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
Hell NO, if your a donor there is a chance of having a doctor that will let you die so the organs can be harvested, you do know doctors and hospitals make premiums off that shit right?

It's a conspiracy

At 2/15/13 10:37 PM, MrPercie wrote:
None of you are allowed to decide what happens to your body! THERE ARE BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU WHO DESRVE THOSE ORGANS! GIVE ME YOUR ORGANS!

I have a kidney I don't need if you want it

At 2/15/13 11:06 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
I didn't put the sticker or anything on there. I'm afraid they'll let me die if they see that on there.

I'd expect doctors to be too busy treating you to go groping for your wallet to check if you're an organ donor, but plenty of people have that same logic and it can't really be disproven. Although I don't know if your family would be within legal rights to have your organs donated if there's not official documentation of your consent.

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 12:09:11

At 2/16/13 02:45 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/15/13 10:02 PM, Viper50 wrote: Nah I'm not an organ donor.
I don't want my organs touching some sick person.
Isn't that a line from The Simpsons ?

Indeed it is.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 12:23:43

Certainly! I figured that a person should either be an organ donor or a blood donor in their life. To tell the truth, I am scared of death of needles taking out my blood, so for me it's an organ donor. It's weird, because I would no problem being a marrow donor. I've just always been fascinated with marrow in bones.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 12:25:23

Nope. I don't think my organs are healthy enough to donate at this point anyways.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 12:38:09

I have heard all of those urban legends about paramedics or emergency room doctors letting organ donors die so their organs can be harvested, but that's preposterous. A doctor will work just as hard to save your life whether you are an organ donor or not.

I don't need to have all/any of my organs when they plant me in the ground, so why hoard them?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 12:41:29

Plus if I ever receive an organ transplant, I would be eternally grateful to the man/woman who made the noble decision on their drivers license.

I don't see how I can, in good conscience, refuse to offer that same chance to someone else.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 14:23:05

At 2/16/13 01:21 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 2/16/13 11:58 AM, Jester wrote: Although I don't know if your family would be within legal rights to have your organs donated if there's not official documentation of your consent.
Lmfao how the hell is a sticker an official document?

It's the only thing proving that you're an organ donor.

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 15:02:20

Yes, i am an organ donor. I have no need for my organs after i die.
If i were to be in need of an organ, i would want one from an organ donor too.
Give and take, motherfuckers

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 15:40:37

Y'know, quite frankly, am I crazy to think that prisoners that are set on death row should simply be shot several times in the brain with cheap, cheap bullets, and automatically make the death row prisoner an organ donor. As long as they have no horrible diseases or anything messed up about them?

It would be quick AND beneficial.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 15:54:47

i want a woman to feel my organ in her ribs,so yes i am.

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 16:55:54

I think so. I did get a form, but now I think about it, I cant remember if I sent it off or not. I have a vague memory of getting an organ donor card, but I cant even recall whether that was in reality or a dream. Woah. I should probably find out and then if not, I can become a donor.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 17:00:55

At 2/15/13 10:35 PM, satanbrain wrote: My corpse will be donated to science. That I deem as morally higher.

"That's right, we have discovered the most efficient way to grind meat!"

I should sign up to be an organ donor; I forgot I'm 18 and can do this stuff now. Honestly it should be an opt-out instead of opt-in scenario. I can't understand why it's not. Most people don't mind, I think, but just can't be bothered.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 17:02:05

not bad

Art Thou an Organ Donor

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-16 20:15:02

Nope because doctors in some cases will just let you die to collect the organs.

Response to Art Thou an Organ Donor 2013-02-17 01:20:42

At 2/16/13 05:02 PM, tox wrote: not bad

So you're saying... one of her organs is malfunctioning?

Doesn't look like it.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature