New Topic Respond to this Topic
DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors on Sale Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Hey guys -- was just browsing Guitar Center's website and noticed they were having a President's Day sale this weekend. Looks like each store will have unique sales, but what stood out to me was the $49.99 Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors. I know a lot of the audio folk on NG are working with tight budgets, so I thought I'd point these out!

Granted, these are not going to hold a candle to higher-end monitors, but the reviews across the web seem generally positive (considering the price point), and they're sure to be an upgrade from cheap laptop/desktop speakers. Couple that with GC's free shipping, and you have a ridiculously cheap way to get a set of entry-level studio monitors.

I'm debating grabbing a pair myself just to have something a little more portable!

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors on Sale Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 06:59 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Things worth reading.

Great find!
These are not an improvement from my current monitors, but these are definitely worth grabbing for someone who doesn't have any yet.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors on Sale Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 08:17 PM Reply

A shame they're not stationed in Australia. Wouldn't mind having a second pair of monitors for cross-checking.

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors on Sale Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 08:17 PM, The-iMortal wrote: A shame they're not stationed in Australia. Wouldn't mind having a second pair of monitors for cross-checking.

Yeah :(. The monitors are available on Amazon for $98, but there are a lot more options at that price point that would be worth considering over these.

BBS Signature
Raddons
Raddons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors on Sale Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

I ordered a pair online and they arrived last night. I broke them in and they are a huge improvement over my crappy Logitechs. You don't get any deep bass of course, but the high bass and low mids are very present, something I didn't have before on my Logitechs. It's a shame the sale is over, I would recommend them to someone who doesn't have a monitor pair yet.

I need some more time with them to form a real concise review though.