Be a Supporter!

Lets hype February 20th

  • 2,361 Views
  • 116 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 16:43:47 Reply

Now that the PS4 controller prototype has been leaked its no better time to start this thread.

For those of you that dont know Sony has been teasing 'the future of playstation' at a press conference and it is scheduled for February 20th. Everyone assumes its the reveal of the PS4.
A live stream from IGN and a live stream from game trailers has been announced but have not been posted yet.

This will double as the official thread for the conference when the day arrived.

Aaaaaand SPECULATE.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 16:57:41 Reply

That controller is damn ugly. I hope at least microsoft sticks with a straight forward controller next gen.


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 16:58:34 Reply

At 2/15/13 04:57 PM, Jackho wrote: That controller is damn ugly. I hope at least microsoft sticks with a straight forward controller next gen.

The keyword is prototype. Remember the boomerang dual shock for the PS3?


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
CalamityCB
CalamityCB
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:01:04 Reply

I've learnt in my years of being a video game to never OVERHYPE "announcements" but hopefully Sony (and hopefully Microsoft eventually too, I'm non-biased .__.) will pull off the 20th with their next gen platform.

I swear to God that if they announce something like "The new PS MOVE" or the "NEW EYE TOY" there will be riots.


boop

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:13:42 Reply

At 2/15/13 04:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: Aaaaaand SPECULATE.

how much is it gonna cost?

not a question, just a thought i had.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:20:23 Reply

At 2/15/13 04:58 PM, sweet21 wrote: The keyword is prototype. Remember the boomerang dual shock for the PS3?

Oh god, please don't remind me of that travesty.
But I hope, I HOPE they really change this new controller, it looks like the deformed child of a regular PS3 controller with a Dreamcast one.

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:30:23 Reply

I think that it's actually an improvement. The screen in the centre could be modified a bit but ultimately I think that it's a step up from the PS2...sorry, PS3 controller.

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:37:08 Reply

At 2/15/13 05:31 PM, Protagonist wrote: it's a touch pad, not a screen. This controller is also a prototype, the final version will probably be vastly different.

Touch pad, sorry. I'm not a massive fan of touch pads/screens in general. They never bring much new to the table in gaming, they're fine when it comes to maybe iPhones and such. The DS I didn't think it there were many good games that utilised it effectively.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 17:40:28 Reply

At 2/15/13 05:13 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: Aaaaaand SPECULATE.
how much is it gonna cost?

About $400 according to a news report.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 18:04:54 Reply

A relevant list of dos and dont's


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 18:10:02 Reply

At 2/15/13 05:39 PM, Protagonist wrote: I'm pretty sure the vita as a touch pad too, so it's probably where they got the idea from. Personally I'm not a fan of it, I don't like anything touch screen at all. It's very gimmicky, and it's hard to keep things like that clean what with all the finger prints and all.

Agreed. Hopefully it's a fad that won't last much longer and that Microsoft didn't follow suit for the new Xbox controller. I'm still undecided whether I'll buy either console to be honest. We'll see how the line-up looks like I suppose.

HighWay
HighWay
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 19:25:51 Reply

the thumbsticks look like uncircumcised dicks.


The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 19:40:52 Reply

At 2/15/13 04:57 PM, Jackho wrote: That controller is damn ugly. I hope at least microsoft sticks with a straight forward controller next gen.

Agreed, that controller looks like a third party product as opposed to a genuine controller. I await to hear more news about the PS4 as well as a better looking controller to use with it. :P


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 19:49:17 Reply

Here is the PS4 controller at a different angle. Looks abit better.

Lets hype February 20th


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 20:20:11 Reply

That controller is fucking ugly, that's all I can say.


R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 21:50:49 Reply

Some kids at my school were walking around saying "OMG PS4 RELEESED DIS WEEK," holy shit learn the difference between released and REVEALED.


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-15 22:44:24 Reply

It looks like one of those knockoff PlayStation controllers.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 09:40:43 Reply

I'm sure the actual controller that we'll get won't be as ugly as that prototype. It's also a certainty that Ridge Racer 8 will be one of the launch games, it's PlayStation tradition.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
nederd
nederd
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 13:42:42 Reply

It might look ugly but it also might be very comfortable, you never know.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 14:58:43 Reply

I doubt it is real. Sony has stuck with the dual shock since 1995 because of one thing, people like and it works. The design is comfortable and the ps2 controller is considered to be one of the best controllers in the the world, so why not just keep the design?


*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 16:32:35 Reply

At 2/16/13 09:40 AM, Quinny wrote: It's also a certainty that Ridge Racer 8 will be one of the launch games, it's PlayStation tradition.

It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiiidge Racer!

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 17:40:54 Reply

"leaked"

Modern gaming sucks. Modern console gaming especially so. PC gaming still has stuff going for it, but not much.

Nintendo gets a lot of hate for catering to casuals(as well they should), but come on. I'll be damned if Sony and Microshit(after windows 8...) don't cater to casuals either. PS move? Kinect? Abominable...

PS4 will suck. Xbox 720 will suck. WiiU sucks. Gaming is going nowhere.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 17:53:31 Reply

PS4 will suck. Xbox 720 will suck. WiiU sucks. Gaming is going nowhere.

Like how it wasn't when Mario came around to save it's ass. Quit being so pessimistic and look on the bright side, maybe a good Crash game will come out. They are making that kinect crap to cater for little kids, microsofts main mascot is for kids, and most of sony's are as well, the only kiddy mascot they have now is rachet and sackboy. So think next time you dip shit, Sony and Microsoft don't want just teenagers and adults, no they want as much money as they can rake in, so shut the fuck up and think next time.


*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 17:57:49 Reply

microsofts main mascot is for kids,

Whoops! I meant not for little kids, you know Halo and Gears of war is fucking bloody!


*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 18:00:18 Reply

At 2/16/13 05:53 PM, darkjam wrote:
PS4 will suck. Xbox 720 will suck. WiiU sucks. Gaming is going nowhere.
Like how it wasn't when Mario came around to save it's ass. Quit being so pessimistic and look on the bright side, maybe a good Crash game will come out.

I don't like Crash Bandicoot... and the chances of something coming along and saving the industry don't exist, due to the current market of gamers. Indie games are small and unsuccessful for a very unfortunate reason.

They are making that kinect crap to cater for little kids, microsofts main mascot is for kids, and most of sony's are as well, the only kiddy mascot they have now is rachet and sackboy. So think next time you dip shit, Sony and Microsoft don't want just teenagers and adults, no they want as much money as they can rake in, so shut the fuck up and think next time.

Wow, fuck you. I know their target audience, and that's why I think it sucks. The entire fucking point modern gaming sucks is because of how large and over-saturated it has become. I KNOW that they want as much money as they can rake in. I KNOW they're trying to cater to kids. That's why it sucks. Because they're trying to cater to people not very invested in games, they make "lite" games. Games that are easy, games that lack substance, ect.

I just want the 16-bit days back...

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 18:26:47 Reply

Wow, fuck you. I know their target audience, and that's why I think it sucks. The entire fucking point modern gaming sucks is because of how large and over-saturated it has become. I KNOW that they want as much money as they can rake in. I KNOW they're trying to cater to kids. That's why it sucks. Because they're trying to cater to people not very invested in games, they make "lite" games. Games that are easy, games that lack substance, ect.

They don't just make games for kids you twat! Only a small proportion does. Besides it's not a big company like 343 making those kiddy industries, it's the lesser known or crappy developers, rare is an example, they are now crappy because all they do is make kinect games. The big companies make some kiddy games because of one reason. Nostalgia, that's why ubisoft sill makes rayman and not assassins creed, there are people like me who want to see their little brothers and cousins experience what we did, and to relive those days of sitting in front of the T.V. for hours, just to get some chaos emeralds. Adults and teens will play games like Halo and Battlefield, but will always have room for their childhood, because that is what they miss the most. Ask anyone what they miss in their life and most will say their childhood or something related to their childhood, so shut up and let them make the games for kids, unless you want to make this argument longer.

I just want the 16-bit days back...

Then get a fucking genesis or Super Nintendo!


*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 18:31:01 Reply

At 2/16/13 06:17 PM, Protagonist wrote: It's not that bad, stop exaggerating.

Its bad.

I know there is a lot of AAA casual bullshit, but what do you expect from AAA titles?

That's my point.

Also, quick question, what is your opinion On Dark Souls?

I liked it. It wasn't "OMG SUPER HARD PREPARE TO DIE", but it was a nice challenge.

I just want the 16-bit days back...
16 bit games were hard because of hardware limitations. They could barely make a balanced system unless it was an RPG.

Haha, no. The original SMB was not hard because of hardware limitations. It was hard because 1-ups were scarce.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts was not hard due to hardware limitations, and Contra III wasn't hard due to hardware limitations.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-16 18:33:38 Reply

At 2/16/13 06:26 PM, darkjam wrote: They don't just make games for kids you twat! Only a small proportion does.

Agreed.

so shut up and let them make the games for kids, unless you want to make this argument longer.

"Yeah, gaming sucks, but shut up, I don't care"

I just want the 16-bit days back...
Then get a fucking genesis or Super Nintendo!

I still have mine. What's your point?

joe9320
joe9320
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-17 05:32:45 Reply

That PS4 controller looks like the PS3 controller which looks like the PS2 one that looks like the PS1 controller with a lightbox attached to it or something.

Anyway, although a Nintendo fanboy I would like to see what Sony has in store. I heard that they will use the x86 architecture for their console, similar to computers.


I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Mfan
Mfan
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Lets hype February 20th 2013-02-17 11:25:31 Reply

no backwards compatibility with other play stations and ps4 games cost $ 130


Republican