Be a Supporter!

What is your religion?

  • 5,918 Views
  • 212 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BurningJesus
BurningJesus
  • Member since: May. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:35:16 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:33 PM, chaos114 wrote:
And before you say demons/ghosts/spirits aren't real that's because you've never seen one they are real since i've actually seen a demon before by accident.

Get off the internet kid, this place is for adults.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:43:40 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:33 PM, chaos114 wrote:
(Here comes the bro you on crack jokes)

.

What is your religion?


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
chaos114
chaos114
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:50:01 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:43 PM, BasedBubbus wrote:
At 5/13/13 07:33 PM, chaos114 wrote:
(Here comes the bro you on crack jokes)
.

Lol didn't take you long :3

Best regards,

Chaos114. :)


Chaos and destruction is the path to tranquility.

BBS Signature
Nickisabi
Nickisabi
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:16:47 Reply

I was raised Mormon, but I never really cared until my early teens when I started searching for the truth. I got into buddhism for awhile then I went back to a lax Mormon. I currently am Mormon, but I'm still practicing Buddhist ideals. I was thinking about looking into Hinduism a little. I hate how athiests say religion is stupid when they don't realize that there's more to religion than just explaining the way the world works. If it makes you a happier person, then it's true. We only live for a short time, so it pisses me off when somebody says I'm wasting my time meditating or going to church.


Jah Bless.......

BBS Signature
T1ttyK1tty
T1ttyK1tty
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:24:38 Reply

Jediism.


I fucking love steak.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:28:44 Reply

At 5/13/13 08:24 PM, T1ttyK1tty wrote: Jediism.

The force is strong with this one.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:40:09 Reply

Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times


BBS Signature
FattyWumpus
FattyWumpus
  • Member since: May. 13, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:40:37 Reply

Atheist, Bring on the haters.

chaos114
chaos114
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:43:03 Reply

At 5/13/13 08:16 PM, SpankyG wrote: I was raised Mormon, but I never really cared until my early teens when I started searching for the truth. I got into buddhism for awhile then I went back to a lax Mormon. I currently am Mormon, but I'm still practicing Buddhist ideals. I was thinking about looking into Hinduism a little. I hate how athiests say religion is stupid when they don't realize that there's more to religion than just explaining the way the world works. If it makes you a happier person, then it's true. We only live for a short time, so it pisses me off when somebody says I'm wasting my time meditating or going to church.

For someone with a religion that is so relaxing your image and name seem the opposite...

Lol, Logic is strong with this one. XD

Best regards,

Chaos114. :)


Chaos and destruction is the path to tranquility.

BBS Signature
badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Animator
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:57:06 Reply

I suppose some form of Nihilism. I don't believe in anything from our mouths.


Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Satan
Satan
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 21:51:36 Reply

Not sure if I have posted here already, but whatever.

I'm an Atheist, and I am 100% sure in myself that there is no higher power that decides what is right and wrong, nor does it determine where we end up when we die. My idea on life is that we are only going to be here once, we get one shot at living, once we die, we die, that's it, it's a one way ticket, so make the most of it, and do everything you want to do now, because you don't get to try again, you vanish into nothingness, we basically burn out. Something that does confuse me about religions is when people go insane saying "PRAY FOR (Insert name, country, city, etc here)" after a disaster, because I think that this God character has just made it pretty clear that it doesn't give a fuck, if it does exist, and it certainly has better things to do than listen to your mourning, I know how cold that sounds, but it's just how I view these things.

By no means however do I try bash anyone who does follow a religion, that's their business, as long as they don't shove their shit down my throat, I won't shove mine down theirs. The only religious people who I hate as a group are the WBC, and I think we can all agree that my hate for those people is more than justified.


BBS Signature
badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Animator
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 21:55:03 Reply

At 5/13/13 09:52 PM, Vnzi wrote: whatever i feel like at the moment

best religion ever <3


Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 00:25:03 Reply

At 5/13/13 08:40 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times

What an ignorant remark (no offense), a rise in tolerance of all religions globally =/= dying concept as a whole, you just spend a lot of time on the internet my friend, I suggest going out in the world, I assure you, many churches are expanding rather rapidly. (at least a few in my area) You needs a reality check, pal.


Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
ragnkinson
ragnkinson
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 02:58:45 Reply

At 2/15/13 12:08 PM, T3XT wrote:
What's your religion NG?

I like cake


The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature
MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 03:28:43 Reply

At 5/14/13 12:25 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 5/13/13 08:40 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times
What an ignorant remark (no offense), a rise in tolerance of all religions globally =/= dying concept as a whole, you just spend a lot of time on the internet my friend, I suggest going out in the world, I assure you, many churches are expanding rather rapidly. (at least a few in my area) You needs a reality check, pal.

So you follow my ignorant remark with your own, touche'.

Yeah churches are expanding, and each day Psy sells another album, I don't see your point.

Religion is a form of brain washing if you ask me.


BBS Signature
dacoolman
dacoolman
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 04:19:50 Reply

I myself am a Atheïst, however, i do see a use for religions.

Since religions give people hope, and make them feel a part of something bigger, i dont see a reason (unlike some of the more extreme atheïst i've seen here) to completely scrap religion alltogether. Just say everyone do what they think is best, as long as they dont harrass other people by doing it.

Shnam
Shnam
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 14:09:57 Reply

Im atheist but not one of those stupid fedora wearing atheists.


Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 14:48:55 Reply

At 5/14/13 02:09 PM, Shnam wrote: Im atheist but not one of those stupid fedora wearing atheists.

There are atheists who wear fedoras?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
atomic-noodle
atomic-noodle
  • Member since: May. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 15:38:51 Reply

increasingly skeptical of religion, but i try to follow the lessons that Jesus taught.


iamcoreyg.com // campnorth
Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 15:50:23 Reply

No-one has been able to convince me that their way is more right than anyone else's. Thus at present, I am agnostic. I like life by the teachings of the old testament and a vaguely Christian upbringing, by my Christian parents.

I've told teachers and priests alike that I believe the story of Lord of the Rings more than the Bible, especially the parts about the dragons. I don't care that much for their blind "faith"


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Animator
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 19:16:12 Reply

At 5/14/13 04:04 PM, taph wrote: i think most christians, atheists, and agnostics are equally stupid

united they stand


Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Piper
Piper
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Voice Actor
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 19:55:42 Reply

Religion.

Let me just say right off the bat that I don't currently practice any kind of religion. I'm won't worship anyone or anything. I don't gather and sing hymns, I don't wear specific clothing or have days where I fast or sacrifice. That being said, I will tell you: I was raised in a Christian home, at 12 years old I considered myself agnostic, then atheist, and now when asked I liked to tell people I'm a Pantheist of sorts.

I see it as a somewhat non-religious philosophical position but others who use the term Pantheism may disagree. I believe there is no divinity other than the universe and nature. That it's always been here, always will be here and that the universe is immeasurable in respect to a human's capacity of understanding it. I'm not sure humans will ever be able to comprehend it, but simply accept it vast mysteriousness. I believe in no other eternal being but the universe. Even that though, sounds crazy and radical to some people, right?

So it's easier to just explain it this way, I feel that humans are nothing more special than our intelligence. There is no god of the humans. To assume that there is a god that looks like a human, that created the humans, bothers itself with humans and only humans is something (in my opinion) to be considered a bit self involved on the humans' part. To also assume that Earthlings have a special God that has eyes, ears, nose and mouth is a bit limited in imagination as well (In my opinion). We assume there is a God so we can have a reason for how we came to be and how we will continue to be.

I just simply accept that all there is, simply is, has been and always will be. If there is something to be considered a God it is not a he, she, creature, spirit or anything like that. It is much bigger, and very powerful, and infinite. In my opinion, everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent "God", no deity or idol, nothing to be worshiped. Just look at it accept it and live it. That's my Pantheism.

If you disagree with me though, let's pretend I said this, "What is religion?"


││ TwitWeb ││ Horror

BBS Signature
Piper
Piper
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Voice Actor
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 20:15:03 Reply

Ugh. My grammatical errors.

What is your religion?


││ TwitWeb ││ Horror

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 20:36:07 Reply

At 5/14/13 07:55 PM, PiperAnn wrote: I see it as a somewhat non-religious philosophical position but others who use the term Pantheism may disagree. I believe there is no divinity other than the universe and nature. That it's always been here, always will be here and that the universe is immeasurable in respect to a human's capacity of understanding it. I'm not sure humans will ever be able to comprehend it, but simply accept it vast mysteriousness. I believe in no other eternal being but the universe. Even that though, sounds crazy and radical to some people, right?

So wait, thats what Pantheism is?
I've been wondering what it was since I first saw that word used but was too lazy to look it up, haha.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 20:38:58 Reply

At 5/14/13 07:55 PM, PiperAnn wrote: I'm a Pantheist of sorts.

are pansexuals pantheists


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:02:57 Reply

At 2/15/13 05:22 PM, Natick wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:44 PM, Shade wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:05 PM, Ononymous wrote: that feel when atheists have faith in science, and then say they do not belong to a religion

lel
The best part is how true it is.
gurr hurr durr, science is a belief system

Science is a system of logical explanations only accepted based on testable and provable facts. There is no belief, only perhaps. No one claims to know what keeps Atoms together or in what exact conditions the first bacteria on earth grew, or that it was even bacteria. No one claims to know, they use experimentation and logic to decide on what is probably correct according to current knowledge and give it a name. You're free to challenge if it they have any other ideas backed by facts. And eventually you might even have people smart enough make correct conclusions, and find a way to prove it once and for all! WooHoo!
Always attempting to go to closer the right answers, obviously things have been wrong in the past but if people willing to perform the scientific method (scientists) stay curious, you never know what they can find out! You never know what YOU could find out.

Piper
Piper
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Voice Actor
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:03:52 Reply

At 5/14/13 08:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
So wait, thats what Pantheism is?
I've been wondering what it was since I first saw that word used but was too lazy to look it up, haha.

Yep. One of the most basic views of Pantheism. Or complex view. I dunno, seems simple to me.

At 5/14/13 08:38 PM, BasedBubbus wrote:
At 5/14/13 07:55 PM, PiperAnn wrote: I'm a Pantheist of sorts.
are pansexuals pantheists

Yes, we also run around eating paninis and playing the panpipes.


││ TwitWeb ││ Horror

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:08:40 Reply

At 5/14/13 09:03 PM, PiperAnn wrote:
Yes, we also run around eating paninis and playing the panpipes.

i tolerate your lifestyle


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Musician
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:14:26 Reply

At 5/14/13 09:03 PM, PiperAnn wrote: Yep. One of the most basic views of Pantheism. Or complex view. I dunno, seems simple to me.

I suppose its a simple in a way.
Also a "close friend" of mine is a Pantheist. And the only reason I even heard of it was because I was chatting with her and she offhandedly mentioned it.

Yes, we also run around eating paninis and playing the panpipes.

I wish I could play the panpipes ._.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Jorgeiscool
Jorgeiscool
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-15 02:15:25 Reply

I have no religion.

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 âEUoeThe teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[a] 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but donâEUTMt follow their example. For they donâEUTMt practice what they teach. 4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.

5 âEUoeEverything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels.[b] 6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called âEU~Rabbi.


.