00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is your religion?

8,646 Views | 184 Replies

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 15:35:50

Just to make things easier for myself, I'd say I'm agnostic. I can't just leave it as polythiesm because that suggests that I actually worship a god.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 15:38:24

I'm a Christian that likes death metal weird i say not

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 15:45:53

I'm a Christian of the Lutheran denomination, which as far as I know is the most layed-back of the branches of Christianity.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:23:45

At 5/13/13 12:27 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I'm a Yurgenist.

how into religion?

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:28:22

I am a die-hard, cold-hearted, bastard atheist.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:33:53

I am from a christian/catholic family but i myself an neither of those two.

I have my own belief i belief in god but in my own ways i don't see god the same way Christians and Catholics see him,

But i also believe in demons and angels and devils (Not just one there are many that are demon lords sort to speak.)

And before you say demons/ghosts/spirits aren't real that's because you've never seen one they are real since i've actually seen a demon before by accident.

(Here comes the bro you on crack jokes)

Best regards,

Chaos114. :)

Chaos and destruction is the path to tranquility.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:35:16

At 5/13/13 07:33 PM, chaos114 wrote:
And before you say demons/ghosts/spirits aren't real that's because you've never seen one they are real since i've actually seen a demon before by accident.

Get off the internet kid, this place is for adults.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 19:50:01

At 5/13/13 07:43 PM, BasedBubbus wrote:
At 5/13/13 07:33 PM, chaos114 wrote:
(Here comes the bro you on crack jokes)

Lol didn't take you long :3

Best regards,

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:16:47

I was raised Mormon, but I never really cared until my early teens when I started searching for the truth. I got into buddhism for awhile then I went back to a lax Mormon. I currently am Mormon, but I'm still practicing Buddhist ideals. I was thinking about looking into Hinduism a little. I hate how athiests say religion is stupid when they don't realize that there's more to religion than just explaining the way the world works. If it makes you a happier person, then it's true. We only live for a short time, so it pisses me off when somebody says I'm wasting my time meditating or going to church.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:24:38

Jediism.

I fucking love steak.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:28:44

At 5/13/13 08:24 PM, T1ttyK1tty wrote: Jediism.

The force is strong with this one.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:40:09

Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:40:37

Atheist, Bring on the haters.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:43:03

At 5/13/13 08:16 PM, SpankyG wrote: I was raised Mormon, but I never really cared until my early teens when I started searching for the truth. I got into buddhism for awhile then I went back to a lax Mormon. I currently am Mormon, but I'm still practicing Buddhist ideals. I was thinking about looking into Hinduism a little. I hate how athiests say religion is stupid when they don't realize that there's more to religion than just explaining the way the world works. If it makes you a happier person, then it's true. We only live for a short time, so it pisses me off when somebody says I'm wasting my time meditating or going to church.

For someone with a religion that is so relaxing your image and name seem the opposite...

Lol, Logic is strong with this one. XD

Best regards,

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 20:57:06

I suppose some form of Nihilism. I don't believe in anything from our mouths.

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-13 21:55:03

At 5/13/13 09:52 PM, Vnzi wrote: whatever i feel like at the moment

best religion ever <3

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 00:25:03

At 5/13/13 08:40 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times

What an ignorant remark (no offense), a rise in tolerance of all religions globally =/= dying concept as a whole, you just spend a lot of time on the internet my friend, I suggest going out in the world, I assure you, many churches are expanding rather rapidly. (at least a few in my area) You needs a reality check, pal.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 02:58:45

At 2/15/13 12:08 PM, T3XT wrote:
What's your religion NG?

I like cake

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 03:28:43

At 5/14/13 12:25 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 5/13/13 08:40 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Religion is archaic and outdated, get with the times
What an ignorant remark (no offense), a rise in tolerance of all religions globally =/= dying concept as a whole, you just spend a lot of time on the internet my friend, I suggest going out in the world, I assure you, many churches are expanding rather rapidly. (at least a few in my area) You needs a reality check, pal.

So you follow my ignorant remark with your own, touche'.

Yeah churches are expanding, and each day Psy sells another album, I don't see your point.

Religion is a form of brain washing if you ask me.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 04:19:50

I myself am a Atheïst, however, i do see a use for religions.

Since religions give people hope, and make them feel a part of something bigger, i dont see a reason (unlike some of the more extreme atheïst i've seen here) to completely scrap religion alltogether. Just say everyone do what they think is best, as long as they dont harrass other people by doing it.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 14:09:57

Im atheist but not one of those stupid fedora wearing atheists.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 14:48:55

At 5/14/13 02:09 PM, Shnam wrote: Im atheist but not one of those stupid fedora wearing atheists.

There are atheists who wear fedoras?

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 15:38:51

increasingly skeptical of religion, but i try to follow the lessons that Jesus taught.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 15:50:23

No-one has been able to convince me that their way is more right than anyone else's. Thus at present, I am agnostic. I like life by the teachings of the old testament and a vaguely Christian upbringing, by my Christian parents.

I've told teachers and priests alike that I believe the story of Lord of the Rings more than the Bible, especially the parts about the dragons. I don't care that much for their blind "faith"

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 19:16:12

At 5/14/13 04:04 PM, taph wrote: i think most christians, atheists, and agnostics are equally stupid

united they stand

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 19:55:42

Religion.

Let me just say right off the bat that I don't currently practice any kind of religion. I'm won't worship anyone or anything. I don't gather and sing hymns, I don't wear specific clothing or have days where I fast or sacrifice. That being said, I will tell you: I was raised in a Christian home, at 12 years old I considered myself agnostic, then atheist, and now when asked I liked to tell people I'm a Pantheist of sorts.

I see it as a somewhat non-religious philosophical position but others who use the term Pantheism may disagree. I believe there is no divinity other than the universe and nature. That it's always been here, always will be here and that the universe is immeasurable in respect to a human's capacity of understanding it. I'm not sure humans will ever be able to comprehend it, but simply accept it vast mysteriousness. I believe in no other eternal being but the universe. Even that though, sounds crazy and radical to some people, right?

So it's easier to just explain it this way, I feel that humans are nothing more special than our intelligence. There is no god of the humans. To assume that there is a god that looks like a human, that created the humans, bothers itself with humans and only humans is something (in my opinion) to be considered a bit self involved on the humans' part. To also assume that Earthlings have a special God that has eyes, ears, nose and mouth is a bit limited in imagination as well (In my opinion). We assume there is a God so we can have a reason for how we came to be and how we will continue to be.

I just simply accept that all there is, simply is, has been and always will be. If there is something to be considered a God it is not a he, she, creature, spirit or anything like that. It is much bigger, and very powerful, and infinite. In my opinion, everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent "God", no deity or idol, nothing to be worshiped. Just look at it accept it and live it. That's my Pantheism.

If you disagree with me though, let's pretend I said this, "What is religion?"

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 20:15:03

Ugh. My grammatical errors.

What is your religion?

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 20:36:07

At 5/14/13 07:55 PM, PiperAnn wrote: I see it as a somewhat non-religious philosophical position but others who use the term Pantheism may disagree. I believe there is no divinity other than the universe and nature. That it's always been here, always will be here and that the universe is immeasurable in respect to a human's capacity of understanding it. I'm not sure humans will ever be able to comprehend it, but simply accept it vast mysteriousness. I believe in no other eternal being but the universe. Even that though, sounds crazy and radical to some people, right?

So wait, thats what Pantheism is?
I've been wondering what it was since I first saw that word used but was too lazy to look it up, haha.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:02:57

At 2/15/13 05:22 PM, Natick wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:44 PM, Shade wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:05 PM, Ononymous wrote: that feel when atheists have faith in science, and then say they do not belong to a religion

lel
The best part is how true it is.
gurr hurr durr, science is a belief system

Science is a system of logical explanations only accepted based on testable and provable facts. There is no belief, only perhaps. No one claims to know what keeps Atoms together or in what exact conditions the first bacteria on earth grew, or that it was even bacteria. No one claims to know, they use experimentation and logic to decide on what is probably correct according to current knowledge and give it a name. You're free to challenge if it they have any other ideas backed by facts. And eventually you might even have people smart enough make correct conclusions, and find a way to prove it once and for all! WooHoo!
Always attempting to go to closer the right answers, obviously things have been wrong in the past but if people willing to perform the scientific method (scientists) stay curious, you never know what they can find out! You never know what YOU could find out.

Response to What is your religion? 2013-05-14 21:03:52

At 5/14/13 08:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
So wait, thats what Pantheism is?
I've been wondering what it was since I first saw that word used but was too lazy to look it up, haha.

Yep. One of the most basic views of Pantheism. Or complex view. I dunno, seems simple to me.

At 5/14/13 08:38 PM, BasedBubbus wrote:
At 5/14/13 07:55 PM, PiperAnn wrote: I'm a Pantheist of sorts.
are pansexuals pantheists

Yes, we also run around eating paninis and playing the panpipes.