New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I won't ever leave. :) The classic portal is still there, but it's lost it's spot in the main menu, is now an alternative to the layout users seem to like and remains for... power-users... I guess? It's like the Windows 7 interface > Windows 8. Hope they don't just phase it out because that is really the core of this website.

Silly me, I should've looked harder.

It really is the core, I'd even go as far as calling it the heart of the website. I like how it doesn't even seem that different.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:24 AM, Lorkas wrote: It really is the core, I'd even go as far as calling it the heart of the website. I like how it doesn't even seem that different.

Indeed, I appreciate how they let the old layout live through the re-design. A few features I've noticed have been removed though:

- Reviews viewable on obituaries.
- A 'view all' option in classic portal style.
- The portal stats featuring uses with most/least submissions, best/least rated, most/least reviewed etc. That was a fun list!

ill
ill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:45 AM Reply

I loved it a few years ago and I still do.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:45 AM, xCum wrote: I loved it a few years ago and I still do.

That's a positive view. :)

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:45 AM, xCum wrote: I loved it a few years ago and I still do.

You will hate it in two years, and love it again in three. I've been there.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 07:20 PM Reply

1 h4+3 mUhD3r+0r$, $0 mUch

original I am.

BBS Signature
Happygrounder
Happygrounder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
blackpatriot
blackpatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

Newgrounds has become more organized. I still don't wisit the forums that much cuz I don't care about associating with the other users as much.

Jezuz
Jezuz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At first, I was like, 'Holy shit, Lorkas is still here.' and then I was like, 'I don't actually care about this.' So, I moved on. NGs has always been a place for immature little teens to get their dick humour in, and that's fine with me.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 08:57 PM Reply

welcome back brotha from another motha

lel

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 07:34 AM, Lorkas wrote: Haven't posted seriously for over year, if not more...Doubt anyone remembers me, even if I have a "staggering" over 10k post count.

I remember you. Do you remember me? I remember me. I remember me hard.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Artist
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

2006-2009:
"wow this website is cool, there are a lot of really cool people on this website that are willing to make flash animations, just simply for the fun of it, not for any gratification."

2010-2011:
"wow this website is really starting to degrade, there aren't really that many people around who want to make flash. At least the BBS is still active, with people who understand sadistic and sarcastic humor"

2012-2013:
"wow this website has really gone to shit, there is no one who makes flash anymore, and even if there were, our flash just gets deleted automatically. Oh well, at least the BBS is (not) the same.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
Jezuz
Jezuz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 09:21 PM, The777Demon wrote:
I remember you. You're that new England guy who used to have an ass for his profile picture.

I sure am. I was also REALLY COOL. Trust me. Don't let memories mar that statement, it's entirely true.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:40 PM Reply

I also remember you. Do you remember me?

I used to think of it as a haven for my online entertainment needs. And this was after hopping off being a regular at ebaumsworld and albinoblacksheep, the comparison of this site and those around 2003 were WAYYYY one sided; NG was the place to go for games and animations. It was just great!

Now, I'm actually pretty stoked in how much it's grown. I wear a Newgrounds patch (and a Mindchamber patch) on my favorite biker jacket, and I have an NG sticker slapped on the side of my motorcycle, and I'm still kinda surprised in how many people in Dallas remember the site. Some people hadn't visited in years, some are still regulars, but they remember distinctly what it stood for. And it still stands for the same stuff, but it's expanding.

I have, and always will, think of NG as limitless potential. When it emblazoned "Everything By Everyone" and the collab functions back in the day were really impressing upon it's users to really promote creativity. And I'm disappointed in the density of Pokemon Parodies and unoriginality in general, but yet, I'm just as guilty of doing the same shit and I know now WHY we do that...it's about a comfort zone. It's about fear in messing up our own works. Yet, with the right push, by the right talent, FROM the right people, it could inspire and ignite a FIRESTORM of original brilliance, and this website has all of the resources, all of the contacts, everything we could possibly need to realize imagination in a physical form.

It's ALREADY a juggernaut of a creative nexus. It's a Portal to inspiration and stimulation. I see nothing but potential, here and within the community. The store is tiny compared to what it WILL be, the portal is cluttered compared to what it WILL be. The ability to share content will improve, everything will improve. It takes time and teamwork, effort, and probably money, but NG will have history to back a legacy that will launch it into the eyes of many.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:05 AM Reply

I used to think that NG was a magical place where people who were extremely talented collaborated to create wonderful works of art. Now I think NG is kind of like high school with all the cliques and elitist douchebags making games and movies and shit.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 07:34 AM, Lorkas wrote: Anyways, if you've been reading this weird-ass post of mine to this line, post your current views on newgrounds, also post what you used to think about them.

I wish I had chosen a different username. Im quickly becoming less fond of this whole furry thing, as it seems that it has followed me into the real world in the form of whiny, over-sensitive freaks. There are even kids at my school wearing tails. Fuck that shit.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:40 AM Reply

Newgrounds is exactly the same as it was when I signed up really. You see the same threads you saw years ago and the same types of people.

Nothing changes honestly.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 07:27 PM, Happygrounder wrote: I'm new, but so far I haven't had any problems here.

And I hope I won't, ever.

You will.

BBS Signature
TheElephant
TheElephant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your past and current views on NG Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:04 AM, Ononymous wrote:
At 2/15/13 10:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/15/13 09:46 AM, Ononymous wrote: 4chan.org, naturally.
Ah, the eloquent way to fully savor time's passing.
Indeed.

well i can say or cant i. but about the right wrong.

~ Mr. Tembo, Ultimate Elephant (Become a fan)

remembre my name!