00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petepan09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About Vengeance sample packs...

10,467 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 04:43:38

I'm very confused about the license of the Vengeance sound/sample packs. I searched through forums and some people says that the samples can be only used for non-commercial purposes only. Is it really true? It doesn't make any sense because you have to pay a lot to get those sample packs.

However, I found the licence of the Vengeance sample packs on their website and here is part of it:

"The enclosed samples in these downloadable packs are licensed to you, not sold to you, by Vengeance Sound. Ownership remains with Vengeance Sound. The one-shot samples and drum-loops may be reproduced in whole or in part within your original musical compositions/productions only. All melodies, melodic loops and compositions are licenced for non-commercial use only. All copying, lending, duplicating, re-selling or trading of this product or its content is strictly prohibited. Only the original purchaser of this product has the right to embody and reproduce the enclosed sound samples within their music compositions."

So does this mean that I can use drum-loops and one-shot samples like special effects, sweeps up and down and stuff like that freely on my songs for commercial use without doing anything and only samples with melodies can not be used for commercial purposes? I just want to be sure.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 06:34:41

Seems to be like you got it. Loops not to be used commercially. Also, on Newgrounds is frowned upon.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 10:48:32

The following Vengeance samples are explicitly considered duplo, and while not neccessarily unavailable for commercial use, are definitely against upload rules.

Future house (all volumes) 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Trance sensation vol.1,2 and 3
Dance explosion
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.1
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.2
Studio vocals (Recorded by Vengeance)
Total dance sounds vol.2
Ultimate fills vol.1

Do NOT use those Vengeance packs.

Thank-you for your attention.

As for the non-duplo vengeance packs, any of the ones available for commercial use are useable for uploads.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 12:59:16

i find this somehow weird and misunderstood...i see this kind of discussions all around internet about this sample packs.
One thing i cant really understand is that if its illegal to use this sample packs for commercial purposes howcome artists like Dodge and Fuski use this samples and promote this samples in their musics and youtube tutorials? This intrigues me...specially when we buy this samples. what would be their purpose if you cant use them freely?
its just stupid. Nowadays im not the kind of guy who likes to use samples to make music, i just dont want to use something that its not mine, but when i started doing music i used to use a lot of samples and i believe that theres a lot of good artists out there that currently use vengeance sample packs.
So thats why i dont understand this legal / illegal issue about sample packs that you actually buy... :s

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 14:23:19

I use vengance sometimes. Just for the drum hits and stuff though

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-15 14:25:12

At 2/15/13 02:23 PM, gavkay21 wrote: I use vengance sometimes. Just for the drum hits and stuff though

accidentally posted that to early ...

Bassicly it mean if you pirate them your original work is technically theirs if you use there samples.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 04:58:16

I've been wondering the same. It's really confusing

Newest song: Rippers

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 05:06:31

Just stick to the percussion and you'll be alright. Many pros use Vengeance drums.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 05:16:13

Vengeance packs policy is like prostitution.
You have something, you sell it and after you sell it it's still yours...

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 07:02:20

At 2/16/13 05:16 AM, sorohanro wrote: Vengeance packs policy is like prostitution.
You have something, you sell it and after you sell it it's still yours...

Kind of a great analogy, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 13:01:52

At 2/15/13 04:43 AM, bca wrote: I'm very confused about the license of the Vengeance sound/sample packs. I searched through forums and some people says that the samples can be only used for non-commercial purposes only. Is it really true? It doesn't make any sense because you have to pay a lot to get those sample packs.

However, I found the licence of the Vengeance sample packs on their website and here is part of it:

"The enclosed samples in these downloadable packs are licensed to you, not sold to you, by Vengeance Sound. Ownership remains with Vengeance Sound. The one-shot samples and drum-loops may be reproduced in whole or in part within your original musical compositions/productions only. All melodies, melodic loops and compositions are licenced for non-commercial use only. All copying, lending, duplicating, re-selling or trading of this product or its content is strictly prohibited. Only the original purchaser of this product has the right to embody and reproduce the enclosed sound samples within their music compositions."

So does this mean that I can use drum-loops and one-shot samples like special effects, sweeps up and down and stuff like that freely on my songs for commercial use without doing anything and only samples with melodies can not be used for commercial purposes? I just want to be sure.

Basically when you buy a vec pack, you bought sound, which is music right?
They don't want you selling their sounds, they want you to create sound using their sounds only as a tool. Otherwise you'd just be reselling what they created. I think that's what they're trying to accomplish with this license, otherwise their packs would be worthless.

"The one-shot samples and drum-loops may be reproduced in whole or in part within your original musical compositions/productions only. "

Seems like a green light for commercial use.

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 22:55:02

At 2/15/13 10:48 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: The following Vengeance samples are explicitly considered duplo, and while not neccessarily unavailable for commercial use, are definitely against upload rules.

Future house (all volumes) 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Trance sensation vol.1,2 and 3
Dance explosion
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.1
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.2
Studio vocals (Recorded by Vengeance)
Total dance sounds vol.2
Ultimate fills vol.1

Do NOT use those Vengeance packs.

Thank-you for your attention.

As for the non-duplo vengeance packs, any of the ones available for commercial use are useable for uploads.

Dag, do people use Vengeance so much that it has to be banned?? I knew they were popular but not that popular.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-16 23:03:12

At 2/15/13 04:43 AM, bca wrote: I'm very confused about the license of the Vengeance sound/sample packs. I searched through forums and some people says that the samples can be only used for non-commercial purposes only. Is it really true? It doesn't make any sense because you have to pay a lot to get those sample packs.

Oh and by the way, I checked a lot of forums and they said the part where you "can't" use the sounds in commercial releases is a mistype. I'd check though, but it seems pointless to sell packs for $100 a pop if they can't be used in commercial recordings. Only pros would spend that kind of money.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to About Vengeance sample packs... 2013-02-18 11:23:48

At 2/16/13 01:01 PM, stratkat wrote: "The one-shot samples and drum-loops may be reproduced in whole or in part within your original musical compositions/productions only. "

Seems like a green light for commercial use.

This. Which basically sounds like once you've bought it, you've got it, unlike the rest. As far as Newgrounds policy, it would seem a little unfair to crack down on people using 1 shots & drum loops split up into a completely different arrangement, but it does make me wonder where the line is drawn.

I, like many, use the drums (not the loops/sweeps/etc) and do wonder where the line is drawn. If ANYTHING from the packs is considered duplo, ... then I want to know for sure. I can switch out kits for the version I post on Newgrounds... granted it wouldn't always sound entirely genuine and 'belonging' to the mix.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.