Quasivovo
Quasivovo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Game Developer
revenue sharing percentage 2013-02-14 04:26:36 Reply

What percentage of the profits do game makers normally give us for a video game loop? I know the minimum is 5%, but what do people normally give?

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to revenue sharing percentage 2013-02-14 04:31:27 Reply

At 2/14/13 04:26 AM, Quasivovo wrote: What percentage of the profits do game makers normally give us for a video game loop? I know the minimum is 5%, but what do people normally give?

Really depends on .. how many songs you made, if the songs were composed especially for that video game, your ability to sell yourself, how important music is in that specific game and so on.

Anything from 10% upwards is decent. On the other hand, if there's only a 10 second loop used, 5% would be really generous.
;D

Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to revenue sharing percentage 2013-02-14 04:39:19 Reply

At 2/14/13 04:31 AM, wandschrank wrote: ;D

This.
It depends completely on how much effort was put in, and how important it is to the final product.
In a music video, the artist might get as much as 60%.
If one sound effect, a handful of short loops or something, showed up in a bigger project, the share is generally tiny (a few percent.)

That said, I'm part of a team, where I do all the sound work, and receive a perfectly even share with everyone else, regardless of if my audio is better quality than other member's jobs, or vise versa.

The system can work great with a little tweaking.

BBS Signature