New Topic Respond to this Topic
DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
DelRIo Sketchbook thread thingy... 2013-02-14 01:53:49 Reply

I wanted to post some of my stuff here so it could be evaluated, criticized, ect. so I could grow as an artist.

I mostly post on Newgrounds, because I think people take things a bit more seriously here (in the sense that nobody here would be caught dead drawing crap like omg, dis iz mah oc maed in mspaint XDDDDD).s r

I drew this right after I saw the dark knights returns. It's.... alright, but I feel like something is off.

Sooooooo.... tell me what you think about this, ALL constructive criticism is welcomed.

DelRIo Sketchbook thread thingy...

I'm Del Rio
I like to draw comics and stuff
I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature
gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to DelRIo Sketchbook thread thingy... 2013-02-19 13:46:17 Reply

At 2/14/13 01:53 AM, DelRio1991 wrote: I wanted to post some of my stuff here so it could be evaluated, criticized, ect. so I could grow as an artist.

I mosthttp://www.newgrounds.com/collab/browse/artistly post on Newgrounds, because I think people take things a bit more seriously here (in the sense that nobody here would be caught dead drawing crap like omg, dis iz mah oc maed in mspaint XDDDDD).s r

I drew this right after I saw the dark knights returns. It's.... alright, but I feel like something is off.

Sooooooo.... tell me what you think about this, ALL constructive criticism is welcomed.

I like the intense shadows, however I am having a hard time figuring out the form. I can tell he's kneeling. There are also two things that look like his hands, and if I'm correct, are very oddly positioned and sized. What you should do, especially when drawing a silhouetted figure, is draw out the entire form before adding any shadows. His face is also melting into his cape. It's better than your previous drawings. Doing this sort of experimentation is showing improvements on your behalf already.

To help with the pose I suggest looking at a reference of a person kneeling, or even take a picture of yourself doing so. A lot of the issue is proportions. Keep up the initiative.

DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to DelRIo Sketchbook thread thingy... 2013-02-19 15:58:24 Reply

To help with the pose I suggest looking at a reference of a person kneeling, or even take a picture of yourself doing so. A lot of the issue is proportions. Keep up the initiative.

Alright, will do.

thanks.

I'm Del Rio
I like to draw comics and stuff
I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature