Support NATA 2014
Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

In the past 5 years or so the RCMP have failed to act on the situation in British Columbia, Canada. Dozens of indigenous women and girls go missing on this highway 16 and it apparently goes unnoticed. Especially in the media some officials say (I'm guessing, good ole wiki sometimes doesn't offer as much info you need) that the media "assigns a lesser value to aboriginal women". Up until just recently some Human Rights workers did an investigation into some reports about rape and abuse against the indigenous women and girls of this region particularly in this general area, which spans from Prince Rupert to Prince George.

"Furthermore, despite the fact that these disappearances date back as far as 1969, it was not until 2005 that Project E-Pana was launched, investigating similarities between the cases. In addition, the individual case which has received the most media and police attention thus far is that of Nicole Hoar, a Caucasian woman who disappeared in 2002. Hers was the first of the Highway of Tears cases to be covered in the The Globe and Mail, Vancouver Sun, and Edmonton Journal. Gladys Radek, a native activist and the aunt of victim Tamara Chipman, "believes that if it werenâEUTMt for Hoar, the police would have invested less effort in investigating cases, and the media would have done little, if anything, to inform the public about the tragedies along the road." (Wikipedia.com)

Two researchers respectively from both countries of North America conducted an investigation to document what happens in this area to indigenous/aboriginal women and girls. Their research claims that Mounties are raping, questionably restraining girls under 18 years, abusing women, and threatening to murder the women they assault and leave their corpses in the mountains.

"However, she told reporters that researchers found levels of fear among aboriginal women with negative stories about police "comparable to post-conflict situations, like post-war Iraq." (MSN.com)

Msn.com story on this matter.

The general thought of Highway of Tears on wiki.

Please take the time to read these articles and it is encouraged by me you conduct your own personal investigation if possible. This is really serious as this should not be happening, it is as I always thought. The police hardly give a shit about us.

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

destroy the pedopatriarchs

Highway of Tears

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
undowenEd
undowenEd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

the rcmp are the ones who drove the women to the pickton farm, educate yourself, the genocide isnt finished

Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 11:43 PM, undowenEd wrote: the rcmp are the ones who drove the women to the pickton farm, educate yourself, the genocide isnt finished

You fool, and your right cause I'm still here. Hey whats Pickton Farm?

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature
undowenEd
undowenEd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:51 PM Reply

yah my right your government loves you

Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Highway of Tears Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 11:51 PM, undowenEd wrote: yah my right your government loves you

Your damn right they do. So this Pickton dude, the cops set him up or they in on it or what?

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature