Be a Supporter!
Poperno
Poperno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
problems uploading video Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

i dont know if it just takes awhile for the video to fully be uploaded or what but when i uploaded my video it didnt work in the preview and i waited a while too its a .mov file does it usually take awhile for the video to show up or do i possibly have an issue with the file type? it just keeps saying loading but nothing happens and i have had the video up for awhile trying to see if it plays

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to problems uploading video Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 04:09 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 03:33 PM, Poperno wrote: i dont know if it just takes awhile for the video to fully be uploaded or what but when i uploaded my video it didnt work in the preview and i waited a while too its a .mov file does it usually take awhile for the video to show up or do i possibly have an issue with the file type? it just keeps saying loading but nothing happens and i have had the video up for awhile trying to see if it plays

As far as I know, NG only accepts .mp4 files. You'll also need to PM Tom for permission to submit video files if you haven't done so already, the feature is still request-based.

Poperno
Poperno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to problems uploading video Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 08:36 AM Reply

As far as I know, NG only accepts .mp4 files. You'll also need to PM Tom for permission to submit video files if you haven't done so already, the feature is still request-based.

its actually a cartoon but its a video file the program i use dosn't export svg files very well

BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to problems uploading video Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 03:33 PM, Poperno wrote: i dont know if it just takes awhile for the video to fully be uploaded or what but when i uploaded my video it didnt work in the preview and i waited a while too its a .mov file does it usually take awhile for the video to show up or do i possibly have an issue with the file type? it just keeps saying loading but nothing happens and i have had the video up for awhile trying to see if it plays

You have to wait until the video is re-encoded. There should be a progress bar once you publish. We're still working out all the kinks, but it looks like your video was successfully encoded and is now working.

I manage NG's servers (and other stuff).
E-mail us with questions, concerns, complaints, compliments ;), etc. related to the site.
Here is info on chat and the store closing.

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to problems uploading video Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 04:09 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/13/13 03:33 PM, Poperno wrote:

We now accept:

.mp4
.mov
.avi
.m4v
.ogg
.ogv
.wmv
.mkv
.webm
.flv

Anything other than mp4 will not play until re-encoded.

I manage NG's servers (and other stuff).
E-mail us with questions, concerns, complaints, compliments ;), etc. related to the site.
Here is info on chat and the store closing.

BBS Signature