Be a Supporter!

Naruto And Bleach Power Levels...

  • 1,530 Views
  • 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 12:30 PM, KratosDeimos wrote: Man,i am sayn Hercule,but he IS cool,VERY COOL,and he even teached buu the wrong and the correct things!

buu!!! (imagine i said that like a BOO! from a huge crowd)


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Mendou
Mendou
  • Member since: Mar. 5, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

This thread needs more Mendou.


BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 03:41 PM, Mendou wrote: This thread needs more Mendou.

Does the thread have sufficient Mendou now?

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

kurama created a small creator known as the valley of the end

roshi blew up the fucking moon with 180


if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 07:03 PM Reply

If the fans of a show have nothing better to do with it than comparing the characters' arbitrarily quantified abilities to beat each other up, then it's probably not a very good show.

Just one of the many reasons why I like A:TLA so much better than most "real" anime. Action is motivated by story (instead of the other way around), skill progression reflects character development, and there are actual goddamn rules and limitations.

At 2/13/13 01:41 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It gets so pointlessly over the top that it looses any interest.

That's the problem with these cash cows that go on forever. They inevitably escalate to a point where the characters are so far removed from anything approaching real human problems that it seems like the only option left for new stories is to go even bigger. It's a self-defeating cycle, but they keep doing it anyway.


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Schizopolis (Soderbergh, 1996, USA) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 03:41 PM, Mendou wrote: This thread needs more Mendou.

But it's dark and cramp.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 07:03 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: If the fans of a show have nothing better to do with it than comparing the characters' arbitrarily quantified abilities to beat each other up, then it's probably not a very good show.

Just one of the many reasons why I like A:TLA so much better than most "real" anime. Action is motivated by story (instead of the other way around), skill progression reflects character development, and there are actual goddamn rules and limitations.

You say that but, blood bending... and.. Honestly fire is beating water and earth in this story...

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 10:47 PM, Ceratisa wrote: You say that but, blood bending...

Something that very few people can do, even fewer are willing to do, and even fewer can do all the time. Really it's pretty limited, especially when compared to the ridiculous godlike antics the characters on these other shows get up to. And also unlike those other shows, it works within the show's established rules, it's not some random crazy

and.. Honestly fire is beating water and earth in this story...

Okay, but it's not because their powers are inherently better or whatever, it's because their nation has industrialized faster, because they've developed a more militarized culture, because they got a head start by immediately eliminating one enemy and crippling another, and because the other nations have failed to properly pool their resources. Plus maybe 50 times an episode somebody mentions that this kind of imbalance isn't the natural state of the world, and the entire main story arc is about fixing it.

The differences in characters' capabilities are qualified by their backstories and personal arcs and the wider mythology and world building, as opposed to lazily quantified with a silly number.


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Schizopolis (Soderbergh, 1996, USA) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply


The differences in characters' capabilities are qualified by their backstories and personal arcs and the wider mythology and world building, as opposed to lazily quantified with a silly number.

No I understand what you are saying, but all I'm saying is Water > Fire but one of the dominant assets the fire nation has is their navy.

Also meteor is hax

ExorcistLord
ExorcistLord
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Naruto And Bleach Power Levels... Jun. 17th, 2014 @ 01:56 PM Reply

Both series are becoming bullshit, but I'd said Bleach characters are more powerful, since the power levels have nothing to do with each other.