New Topic Respond to this Topic
kaneman
kaneman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Problem with Upload in audio portal Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 12:36 PM Reply

I did not see a board for direct problem resolution so this looks like the board to post this topic in.
If it is not the correct board I would ask a mod to delete the thread and direct me to where I could post this.

So my problem...
I uploaded a new song to the audio portal but then noticed that I had messed up the title. So i removed the audio from the audio portal then deleted the project from my project management system. I could not just change the title due to the fact that newgrounds for some reason does not allow you to do this. So I started a new project and rewrote all the information and uploaded the file once again. But now whenever I try to publish my audio it says -

ERROR - The file you are publishing appears to be a copy of "A Romanov Ball by kaneman

Now I can not re-upload the music because the system must think im trying to steal the song...from myself.
Any ideas or direct help from a moderator would be appreciated.

Problem with Upload in audio portal

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Problem with Upload in audio portal Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 12:36 PM, kaneman wrote: Any ideas or direct help from a moderator would be appreciated.

The easiest way to solve the issue would be to make a minuscule change in the audio file, so the system doesn't recognize it as identical. Not sure exactly how the file is analyzed upon upload, but maybe changing filename would also work as well, or maybe you need to do both. Otherwise, a mod might be able to help you out.

There's a list of audio moderators on this page. Hope it works out!

kaneman
kaneman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Problem with Upload in audio portal Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 12:58 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/13/13 12:36 PM, kaneman wrote: Any ideas or direct help from a moderator would be appreciated.
The easiest way to solve the issue would be to make a minuscule change in the audio file, so the system doesn't recognize it as identical. Not sure exactly how the file is analyzed upon upload, but maybe changing filename would also work as well, or maybe you need to do both. Otherwise, a mod might be able to help you out.

There's a list of audio moderators on this page. Hope it works out!

Yea tried to mess around with the file, did change the name but that didn't work. Thanks for the mod list, ill contact one.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Problem with Upload in audio portal Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 12:36 PM, kaneman wrote:
So my problem...

Unpublish your song, delete the current .mp3 from the project files, then log out of newgrounds and clear your browser cache (the most important thing), then shut down your browser.

Firefox / Chrome have built in functions that allow you to clear your internet cache.

After that restart your browser, log back in, and try uploading your new .mp3 files again.

kaneman
kaneman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Problem with Upload in audio portal Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Unpublish your song, delete the current .mp3 from the project files, then log out of newgrounds and clear your browser cache (the most important thing), then shut down your browser.

It worked, much appreciated!