New Topic Respond to this Topic
SculptureGuy20
SculptureGuy20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 01:21:38 Reply

'Post Secret' Inspired Sculpture. For those of you who don't know what Post Secret is, it's a community mail project where you anonymously email in a post card that reveals a secret about yourself. I have decided to play off of the idea of this for a class sculpture project. I would like to compile a list of people's secrets, descriptions of themselves, or even their personal views on humanity. From the list I will create a sculpture that involves every single response i get! The more the better! I would greatly appreciate any kind of replies and responses to any of the things i said or any weird thing about yourself that you think I would possibly find interesting to use! Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 08:59:22 Reply

At 2/13/13 01:21 AM, SculptureGuy20 wrote: I would like to compile a list of people's secrets, descriptions of themselves, or even their personal views on humanity. From the list I will create a sculpture that involves every single response i get! The more the better! I would greatly appreciate any kind of replies and responses to any of the things i said or any weird thing about yourself that you think I would possibly find interesting to use! Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Interesting idea, but a few problems looking for participants here. One of the advantages that post secret has is the posters remain anonymous so their secrets remain secrets. Here we all have accounts, so a secret would instantly cease to be one once posted. I can see users potentially still posting stuff, but just dont expect the same deep personal level hidden things that PS gets from its entries.

Either way keep us posted with WIPs of this thing, kind of curious if its jsut going to be a collage of stuff or some representational metaphore for everyones secrets.

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 12:34:48 Reply

At 2/13/13 08:59 AM, ornery wrote: Interesting idea, but a few problems looking for participants here. One of the advantages that post secret has is the posters remain anonymous so their secrets remain secrets. Here we all have accounts, so a secret would instantly cease to be one once posted. I can see users potentially still posting stuff, but just dont expect the same deep personal level hidden things that PS gets from its entries.

Either way keep us posted with WIPs of this thing, kind of curious if its jsut going to be a collage of stuff or some representational metaphore for everyones secrets.

What if he were to make a new account named PostSecret, for example, and share the password in this thread. Then people could log in and post anonymously in the thread or send a PM.

BBS Signature
SculpturesAreGreat
SculpturesAreGreat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 19:31:39 Reply

I have created this anonymous account (SculpturesAreGreat) for anyone to log into and post your secret or send a pm.. i would love for as many people as possible to participate so if you would like to help out, please do! :)

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 20:20:25 Reply

How bizarre, a girl in my college is doing a sculpture based on confessions. She's calling it her 'confessions tree' and has left a box out where people write confessions on a luggage tag and post it in the box. Soon they will be leaves on a big iron tree.

Maybe try something like that, unless you want online ones?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
SculptureGuy20
SculptureGuy20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Help With My Sculpture! 2013-02-13 20:51:05 Reply

At 2/13/13 08:20 PM, Otto wrote: How bizarre, a girl in my college is doing a sculpture based on confessions. She's calling it her 'confessions tree' and has left a box out where people write confessions on a luggage tag and post it in the box. Soon they will be leaves on a big iron tree.

Maybe try something like that, unless you want online ones?

That's a really great idea! I might try something like that! I had wanted to get online confessions or secrets but it hasn't been working out too well so i might have to give that idea a go! :) Thanks!