New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Games in the Year 2020 Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

For those of you don't know, there is a show on YouTube called 2-Bit Gaming. The guy behind it had an episode entitled 7,000 - Future of Gaming. It was a parody of what video game consoles and games would be like in the future.

Now the episode is funny at times, but some points we could be looking at not too far in the future. We are currently in the year 2013. Ten years ago in 2003, the PS2 was rocking a lot of gamers minds and Halo: Combat Evolved was being played. Go back twenty years ago in 1993, the 16-Bit War was going strong between Nintendo and Sega and Doom was released. It is amazing how video games have grown over time. The question is though where are we going from here?

What fascinating new video games, consoles, and ways of playing video games do you think we'll see in the year 2020?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Games in the Year 2020 Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 10:30 PM Reply

In 2020 I bet we'll all be anticipating the PS5 and Xbox 1080.

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Games in the Year 2020 Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 10:30 PM, J-Rex wrote: In 2020 I bet we'll all be anticipating the PS5 and Xbox 1080.

And the iPhone 52

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
You popped her tit!

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Games in the Year 2020 Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 03:55 AM Reply

Well so far the future of gaming doesn't look all to bright. Not saying the games that are made today are becoming worse, but publisher are becoming to dickish in their business schemes and try charge you more for less content.

So if things keep going they way it does right now, we might see a new collapse in the industry, and that will possible totally redefine what gaming is again as it did the last video game industry was struck a serious blow.

Sort of relevant.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Games in the Year 2020 Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 03:55 AM, Mismo wrote: Well so far the future of gaming doesn't look all to bright. Not saying the games that are made today are becoming worse, but publisher are becoming to dickish in their business schemes and try charge you more for less content.

So if things keep going they way it does right now, we might see a new collapse in the industry, and that will possible totally redefine what gaming is again as it did the last video game industry was struck a serious blow.

Sort of relevant.

Indeed. Nowadays gaming companies just want to release a game as fast as possible and spend as little time and money on it as possible instead of taking around 3-6 years to develop it and allow the game to grow, correcting mistakes they made previously, probably making new ones along the way but thats what sequels are for, to correct your fuck-ups. I just hope Overlord 3 comes out soon. With the amount of effort Codemasters put into their games, I dont expect it to but still, the Overlord series is godlike.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!