New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sethdd
Sethdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 06:38 PM Reply

I would like to begin working on a flash platforming game, but I do not have enough AS2 skillz (with a 'z' to show the level of pro I need) to make a game alone. So I am looking to have someone else program the game for me. I will give you a little bit of my plot line and idea of how I would like the game to be.

The basis of the game, is a man with a great mustache. But his mustache has had it with the abuse and attention, and want to be left out of the limelight, so his mustache rips off his face and leaves him... The man left in complete agony and pain for the loss of his awesome stache, he goes on an epic quest/search for his mustache.

So thats basically the plot for the game.

In the game I would like power ups, weapons, maybe even companions throughout the game, and other things that I have yet to decide.

I would split the profit (I'm hoping to make a little bit of a profit off this game) will be split 50/50. If interest either reply to this post, or send me a private message.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to be working with you in the future to make this game become kick-ass.

I'm also including a picture of the concept for the game.

Sethdd

Looking for a AS2 Coder!

Click the link to checkout some of my animations! because you are cool like that!

BBS Signature
Sethdd
Sethdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 06:43 PM Reply

or AS3 :)

Click the link to checkout some of my animations! because you are cool like that!

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 06:38 PM, Sethdd wrote: Looking for AS2 coder.

lolololololololol

or AS3 :)

oh k, nice!

w7y7a7t7t
w7y7a7t7t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 12:55 AM Reply

this sounds like it's be a really fun project to work on! I wish i had more time, or I would definitely be in! Although it doesn't really take a pro to make a platformer game, more like a novice lol. Still I really hope this goes somewhere, cause this has great potential :)

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Sethdd
Sethdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 12:55 AM, w7y7a7t7t wrote: this sounds like it's be a really fun project to work on! I wish i had more time, or I would definitely be in! Although it doesn't really take a pro to make a platformer game, more like a novice lol. Still I really hope this goes somewhere, cause this has great potential :)

Thanks! Well than I'm definitely not a novice, I just said pro because I figured that weapons and leveling and upgrades and stuff like that would be a difficult thing to do. If you ever have anytime and you remember me! Just hit me up and we shall make this a reality!

BBS Signature
FlyingColours
FlyingColours
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:32 PM Reply

I don't think I have the necessary skillz, but nice pic!

BTW, weapons, levelling and upgrades aren't really difficult; you can manage them on your own as long as you use classes and OOP. ;)

Sethdd
Sethdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 06:32 PM, FlyingColours wrote: I don't think I have the necessary skillz, but nice pic!

BTW, weapons, levelling and upgrades aren't really difficult; you can manage them on your own as long as you use classes and OOP. ;)

I think the help of an experienced programmer would probably help the process move along faster, and make me pull out a lot less of my hair out of frustration.

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 06:32 PM, FlyingColours wrote: BTW, weapons, levelling and upgrades aren't really difficult; you can manage them on your own as long as you use classes and OOP. ;)

There's a lot more to implementing those features than just using "classes and OOP".

FlyingColours
FlyingColours
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 06:58 PM, Diki wrote:
At 2/13/13 06:32 PM, FlyingColours wrote: BTW, weapons, levelling and upgrades aren't really difficult; you can manage them on your own as long as you use classes and OOP. ;)
There's a lot more to implementing those features than just using "classes and OOP".

What do you mean? Inheritance, polymorphism, getters and setters, static methods and properties... if you know them all, you know how to build a game, no?

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 07:03 PM, FlyingColours wrote: What do you mean? Inheritance, polymorphism, getters and setters, static methods and properties... if you know them all, you know how to build a game, no?

What I meant was that simply knowing of them isn't sufficient to use them correctly.
You'll need to know how to use them correctly, and where they even apply (since OOP isn't some be-all-end-all solution and is an anti-pattern in some circumstances).

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Looking for a AS2 Coder! Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:40 AM Reply

I snort AS2, what's your idea.

BBS Signature