CrackerJack30
CrackerJack30
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
kickstarter project? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Hi there,

I currently support an kickstarter project as author and editor, and I would like to put a link and some information about the game in in a forum topic and in my account news.

My question: Can I do that or does that interfere with the NG terms of use?
It's an Indie-team with a lot of heart, no big commercial company or anything. I would be glad if a Mod could answer me that question.

Thank you guys!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to kickstarter project? Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 02:18 AM Reply

I suppose it depends on the project. There is one thread I know of like that, but it's not direct advertisement, so maybe that's the reason it's been deemed acceptable. It probably depends on the project and/or cause..

In your news posts you can post pretty much anything. That's your area. You could also add a link to the post in your signature, or if you have the time, make a presentation in flash to advertise it. Submissions may not be simple ads, but a real presentation should be more than that. Good luck with the funding!

CrackerJack30
CrackerJack30
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to kickstarter project? Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 02:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I suppose it depends on the project. There is one thread I know of like that, but it's not direct advertisement, so maybe that's the reason it's been deemed acceptable. It probably depends on the project and/or cause..

In your news posts you can post pretty much anything. That's your area. You could also add a link to the post in your signature, or if you have the time, make a presentation in flash to advertise it. Submissions may not be simple ads, but a real presentation should be more than that. Good luck with the funding!

Thanks for your answer, buddy, good thing I can count on you :)
It's a Steampunk-MMO (well, that's what it should be when it's finished) based on a Table-Top game. Like I mentioned, I wrote the background for it, that's why I would like to share it here on NG.

Since it's not a flash-project, and no one else responded to this post here, I guess it's better to just post something im my news section.
Again, thx Cyberdevil !

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to kickstarter project? Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 2/17/13 07:22 AM, CrackerJack30 wrote: Again, thx Cyberdevil !

No problem; good luck with the game! :)