New Topic Respond to this Topic
IDCZazie
IDCZazie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

i admit i was a little hesitant at first to make a 'sketchbook' topic here, considering i post just about everything i doodle on other sites. but, why not just make a new one to share and meet new folks. like a lot of others here, im taking art a little more seriously than i used to. slowly but surely anyway. for now, have a colored thing :U

Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic

Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 03:03 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 11:39 AM, IDCZazie wrote: i admit i was a little hesitant at first to make a 'sketchbook' topic here, considering i post just about everything i doodle on other sites. but, why not just make a new one to share and meet new folks. like a lot of others here, im taking art a little more seriously than i used to. slowly but surely anyway. for now, have a colored thing :U

My only concern is the lack of depth with the hand, but it's nothing a little line thickness can't convey. It's pretty hard to tell the hand apart from her torso otherwise, you kind of have to linger on it for a while to make it out. It's an otherwise awesome piece though, I love the style and the simple shading to it o.o

Welcome to NG :D

Hope you post more!

BBS Signature
IDCZazie
IDCZazie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 03:03 AM, Kumakun4 wrote:
At 2/12/13 11:39 AM, IDCZazie wrote: i admit i was a little hesitant at first to make a 'sketchbook' topic here, considering i post just about everything i doodle on other sites. but, why not just make a new one to share and meet new folks. like a lot of others here, im taking art a little more seriously than i used to. slowly but surely anyway. for now, have a colored thing :U
My only concern is the lack of depth with the hand, but it's nothing a little line thickness can't convey. It's pretty hard to tell the hand apart from her torso otherwise, you kind of have to linger on it for a while to make it out. It's an otherwise awesome piece though, I love the style and the simple shading to it o.o

Hope you post more!

hey thanks :D
now that you mention it, yes, i totally should have changed the line thickness on the hand. it's in the foreground, so naturally the lines should have been made larger with the hand. obviously i know where everything is, but it doesnt mean no one else would have a hard time seeing it.
--------------------
another doodle for today - something silly from a livestream i did:

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

A+ please post more in the portal so I can scout you.
A style thats attractive to look at and an artist with an eye for making things look dynamic.
Yes

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
IDCZazie
IDCZazie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 01:02 PM, Template88 wrote: A+ please post more in the portal so I can scout you.
A style thats attractive to look at and an artist with an eye for making things look dynamic.
Yes

hey many thanks :U

here's another for now - my avatar in full.
done also during a livestream for kicks, and of my own character, Pinup. at the time of this doodle (considering how much time was spent on this one, can i really call it that?), i dropped SAI's pen tool (though i still love it so much) in favor of the ordinary pencil tool. in fact, everything but the soft-lighting was using only the pencil tool. i dont know if that's really amazing by any means at all (probably not), but i just really dug how it turned out - i still dig it, too.

i'll eventually post actual NEW things on here when i can ><

PS: i need to learn me some lighting/shading. they're so much fun to do but i wonder more than half the time if im doing it right.

IDCZazie
IDCZazie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:52 PM Reply

one more for today so i could maybe stop procrastinating and do a new thing.
there were many things going wrong during the creation of this one, but for the most part i liked what had come out. her arm looks a bit long though D;

pardon if it's too dark.

justinbiber469
justinbiber469
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Zaz makes a 'sketchbook' topic Jun. 13th, 2013 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 10:49 AM, IDCZazie wrote:
At 2/13/13 03:03 AM, Kumakun4 wrote:

Hope you post more!
hey thanks :D
now that you mention it, yes, i totally should have changed the line thickness on the hand. it's in the foreground, so naturally the lines should have been made larger with the hand. obviously i know where everything is, but it doesnt mean no one else would have a hard time seeing it.
--------------------
another doodle for today - something silly from a livestream i did:

As you know, every year about this time I grab my sketchbook, step out into the limelight with it and if I see my shadow we all have six more weeks of winterâEU¦ oh yes, every year about this time I also upload my latest sketchbook to YouTubeâEU¦ here it is................