New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-12 23:43:02 Reply

At 2/12/13 10:19 PM, VGmasters wrote: Are you glad you picked Harvard over Cornell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuLaQoQP9oo

After watching that, no! I'd love some more drama. You go to Cornell?

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 00:02:25 Reply

Have you ever seen the movie, "How High" ? It makes Harvard seem like the place to be

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 00:12:40 Reply

At 2/12/13 11:43 PM, Fuuka wrote:
At 2/12/13 10:19 PM, VGmasters wrote: Are you glad you picked Harvard over Cornell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuLaQoQP9oo
After watching that, no! I'd love some more drama. You go to Cornell?

Nope, I'm not even in school anymore XD.

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 00:12:45 Reply

At 2/13/13 12:02 AM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: Have you ever seen the movie, "How High" ? It makes Harvard seem like the place to be

I haven't! I didn't know that. Maybe I'll watch it once I'm done self-torturing myself with math. Have you seen Love Story? It also takes place at Harvard, I recommend it despite it being a bit dated. I think it's from 1970.

TheDecimator
TheDecimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 00:13:18 Reply

Are there lots of drugs?

Are the parties as lame as they say?

Are there a decent amount of hot girls there?

Is the campus nice as it looks online?

What high school did you attend?

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 00:47:24 Reply

At 2/13/13 12:13 AM, TheDecimator wrote: Are there lots of drugs?

Are the parties as lame as they say?

Are there a decent amount of hot girls there?

Is the campus nice as it looks online?

What high school did you attend?

There are drugs but I feel inclined to say that 'lots' is in a relative sense not the right word for describing their prevalence. That probably came off as fatuous. Sorry. And It's not a party school, I think we can comfortably agree on that notion. I'm not exactly a hardcore partygoer myself but I guess you have a few alternatives if that's what you're into.

Are there hot girls? Of course, if we're not hot we don't get in. There is an application supplement dedicated to the 'hotness factor'. Well no - to be truthful I suppose it's as hot as your average college student body.

The campus is really beautiful! You should come visit sometime. As I wrote earlier the Yard and the old buildings especially look nice, even more so if it's a clear summer evening. I went to a medium-sized public high school, nothing fancy.

At 2/13/13 12:29 AM, Trillionaire wrote: And you're 20? Did you spend time out of school, did you attend a different school after High School, or is your birthday Feb 12?

My birthday has already passed this year - yes. You got me, I'm aging already. You should change your name to Questionnaire, too.

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 01:15:30 Reply

At 2/13/13 12:57 AM, Trillionaire wrote: What's your favorite restaurant or cafe in the area?

Will you abuse this information?

I love the Kong (actual name - Hong Kong) which has great Chinese food. Bartley's is really nice too - they have burgers but it's very small and often noisy and crowded. They have like 30 different kinds of burgers though and I'm looking to try them all. Both of these are in Harvard Square.

My bed just called me and I have to go, I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully)!

TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 01:23:14 Reply

Harvard you say? That's a great accomplishment to be sure. My older brother graduated from Harvard Law, and he said that getting into an Ivy League school is one thing, but graduating and getting a degree is another!!

But still, look at him. Graduated from Harvard School of Law, class of 2012 as the 5th-ranked kid in the class...it still didn't get him anything other than a crummy legal adviser job at the Pentagon.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 21:47:49 Reply

At 2/13/13 01:20 AM, Trillionaire wrote: Absolutely. It won't affect you, though.

I love Bartley's. You should try Fire and Ice if you haven't yet.

Should I be comforted by you saying that?

I know Fire and Ice! I haven't tried it. You live in Cambridge or something? I forgot to mention Felipe's before, nice place for Mexican food.

At 2/13/13 01:23 AM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: Harvard you say? That's a great accomplishment to be sure. My older brother graduated from Harvard Law, and he said that getting into an Ivy League school is one thing, but graduating and getting a degree is another!!

But still, look at him. Graduated from Harvard School of Law, class of 2012 as the 5th-ranked kid in the class...it still didn't get him anything other than a crummy legal adviser job at the Pentagon.

HLS? That's impressive, and coming out at the top of his class even more so. I'm sure he could land a good job! I'm sure HLS is tougher than Harvard College, I don't know if they have the same kind of grade inflation we do..

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 22:01:26 Reply

At 2/13/13 09:49 PM, shitposter wrote: why would you go to an "ivy league university" when you could go to a community college or something

There's way more free food, duh. Do you understand how much free food there is? A lot.

Xgsniper
Xgsniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-02-13 22:26:10 Reply

At 2/13/13 09:49 PM, shitposter wrote: why would you go to an "ivy league university" when you could go to a community college or something

Because ivy league sounds more fancy on a application.

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-19 22:34:03 Reply

At 2/13/13 10:26 PM, Xgsniper wrote:
Because ivy league sounds more fancy on a application.

You don't actually put Ivy League on there, just Harvard!

If anyone has more questions, I'm here again. Everything that has happened here is pretty crazy. So many have been staying inside all day!

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-19 23:40:55 Reply

When I think of Harvard, I generally think that it's a school with very high academic record {no surprise there, it's an Ivy League school} and/or a school with plenty of rich, privileged kids. Since I'm really unfamiliar on Ivy League campus life, I'm hoping that you can fill me on what's goes on there.

1. What's the minimum GPA requirement to stay in school there? I got to imagine that it's pretty high.

2. Are there really a lot of rich and privileged kids that go there, or is it more diverse economic-wise within the student population?

3. Do the students party down as much as a regular state school, or is it really that stuffy and uptight about parties?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-20 00:09:23 Reply

At 4/19/13 10:34 PM, Fuuka wrote: If anyone has more questions, I'm here again. Everything that has happened here is pretty crazy. So many have been staying inside all day!

As someone who graduated from an ivy league school, have you gotten used to the undercurrent of pretentiousness yet?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-20 10:42:49 Reply

At 4/19/13 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: When I think of Harvard, I generally think that it's a school with very high academic record {no surprise there, it's an Ivy League school} and/or a school with plenty of rich, privileged kids. Since I'm really unfamiliar on Ivy League campus life, I'm hoping that you can fill me on what's goes on there.

1. What's the minimum GPA requirement to stay in school there? I got to imagine that it's pretty high.

I don't know actually! The thing is, though, that grade deflation at Harvard -- at least Harvard College -- is quite high, so attaining a decent GPA isn't necessarily too gruesome in terms of hard work.

At 4/19/13 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: 2. Are there really a lot of rich and privileged kids that go there, or is it more diverse economic-wise within the student population?

I think it used to be like this. Now Harvard is known to be diverse, both culturally and socioeconomically. I guess you could thank generous financial aid for that!

At 4/19/13 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: 3. Do the students party down as much as a regular state school, or is it really that stuffy and uptight about parties?

A little bit, I guess. Uptight I mean. But it's not nearly as bad as some would like to think. It's not a WASP-hole anymore, you know? You have all kinds of people, so you're bound to get parties in all forms as well. Recently a student group for 'kink' was started, if that tells you anything. Then again there's the Anscombe Society.

At 4/20/13 12:09 AM, Timmy wrote: As someone who graduated from an ivy league school, have you gotten used to the undercurrent of pretentiousness yet?

Lol. It's manageable. It's not as bad as I had anticipated, actually. Where did you go? If you don't mind me asking. Did you foster any animosity toward Hahvahd?

Timmy
Timmy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-20 10:55:19 Reply

At 4/20/13 10:42 AM, Fuuka wrote: Lol. It's manageable. It's not as bad as I had anticipated, actually. Where did you go? If you don't mind me asking. Did you foster any animosity toward Hahvahd?

I went to princeton - generally, there is some rivalry between harvard and princeton, but not in any sport I participated in.

The other ivy I disliked the most was cornell - their track team was usually stacked.

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-04-20 11:39:17 Reply

do they have good weed up there? i hear crazy shit up there

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-24 23:36:50 Reply

At 4/20/13 10:55 AM, Timmy wrote:
At 4/20/13 10:42 AM, Fuuka wrote: Lol. It's manageable. It's not as bad as I had anticipated, actually. Where did you go? If you don't mind me asking. Did you foster any animosity toward Hahvahd?
I went to princeton - generally, there is some rivalry between harvard and princeton, but not in any sport I participated in.

The other ivy I disliked the most was cornell - their track team was usually stacked.

Princeton, huh. That's nice to know. How did you like going there? My friend goes to Princeton right now, and she seems to like it. What sports did you do?

At 4/20/13 11:39 AM, PotHeadParadise wrote: do they have good weed up there? i hear crazy shit up there

I am not the right person to ask about that. I can tell you about the food, however!

Timmy
Timmy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 00:17:11 Reply

At 5/24/13 11:36 PM, Fuuka wrote:

What sports did you do?

I ran cross country, indoor track and outdoor track all 4 years.

You do any athletics?

BBS Signature
Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 01:45:18 Reply

At 5/25/13 12:17 AM, Timmy wrote:
At 5/24/13 11:36 PM, Fuuka wrote:
What sports did you do?

I ran cross country, indoor track and outdoor track all 4 years.

You do any athletics?

Cool. I dance, but I don't think that counts. Maybe I should join the Quidditch team?

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 06:08:40 Reply

Do they have guns there?

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 06:19:59 Reply

Any hot orgies going on at Harvard?

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 12:34:51 Reply

why...? just why?

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

TragediesStrikeUs
TragediesStrikeUs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 13:14:28 Reply

At 4/20/13 10:42 AM, Fuuka wrote:
At 4/19/13 11:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: 2. Are there really a lot of rich and privileged kids that go there, or is it more diverse economic-wise within the student population?
I think it used to be like this. Now Harvard is known to be diverse, both culturally and socioeconomically. I guess you could thank generous financial aid for that!

A lot of people I know tend to stereotype that that a very large proportion students at Harvard are of Asian heritage. Would you say that sounds true?

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-25 13:23:43 Reply

Did you get conquered by a big dick American OG yet?

Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-26 01:25:34 Reply

At 5/25/13 06:08 AM, dem0lecule wrote: Do they have guns there?

Who?

At 5/25/13 06:19 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Any hot orgies going on at Harvard?

Of course. Reading orgies. Ever tried a ONS with an economics book?

At 5/25/13 12:34 PM, i-am-ghey wrote: why...? just why?

Why why, why?

At 5/25/13 01:14 PM, TragediesStrikeUs wrote: A lot of people I know tend to stereotype that that a very large proportion students at Harvard are of Asian heritage. Would you say that sounds true?

It's true. They try to hold us back with affirmative action though (!). I think every one-in-five or one-in-four students are of Asian heritage, somewhere around there.

At 5/25/13 01:23 PM, saqwert wrote: Did you get conquered by a big dick American OG yet?

OG? Old girl? You confuse me!

Mechwarrior300
Mechwarrior300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-26 01:28:37 Reply

how do you like your eggs?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY NAAAAOOWWW
CLICK MY SIG FOR PICS OF JAILBAIT YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature
Fuuka
Fuuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-26 01:32:31 Reply

At 5/26/13 01:28 AM, Mechwarrior300 wrote: how do you like your eggs?

Hard boiled. But more important is the fact that there's a cockroach here. They keep following me! I hate this. I can't sleep now. No matter where I am they find me.

I have to buy a new toothbrush.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-26 11:37:03 Reply

Are you going to become the greatest flash animator of all time?

Seriously, how many people here can say they graduated from Harvard? Of course, it would only work if you took an animating class, now THAT would be awesome.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Mechwarrior300
Mechwarrior300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask a Harvard freshman! 2013-05-26 11:44:45 Reply

how was your day today?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY NAAAAOOWWW
CLICK MY SIG FOR PICS OF JAILBAIT YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature