Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Full Screen Mode? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 04:08 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 02:34 AM, ExtraLife wrote: Is there a way to have a true full screen desktop experience on NG

It depends on the submission. The player that plays .mp4 movies has a Fullscreen option that really fills the whole screen. As for flash submissions, you can dim the lights and expand the submission. it's up to the author to define whether the flash is scalable or not, though. They could include a fullscreen option within the file, but otherwise I don't think that's possible.

Maybe there are browser plugins with this feature btw.

ExtraLife
ExtraLife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Full Screen Mode? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 04:08 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/12/13 02:34 AM, ExtraLife wrote: Is there a way to have a true full screen desktop experience on NG

:The player that plays .mp4 movies has a Fullscreen option that really fills the whole screen.

Hmm, is there a way to just search for .mp4 movies?

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Full Screen Mode? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:19 AM, ExtraLife wrote: Hmm, is there a way to just search for .mp4 movies?

Not that I know of. It would be a useful feature addition though.

If you're looking for an example submission, here's one.

ExtraLife
ExtraLife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Full Screen Mode? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:36 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: If you're looking for an example submission, here's one.

Sweet, Thanks for the help!

Not that I know of. It would be a useful feature addition though.

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to search for content that's not related to it's genre or category (Games, Movie, Channel, Series Name, etc.) but more related to it's capability. Search filters like video quality/dimensions and time might be useful in the overall user experience.

Some people may visit Newgrounds just for a quick 30 second laugh; while others may visit for a longer length feature.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Full Screen Mode? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:54 AM, ExtraLife wrote: Sweet, Thanks for the help!

No problem :)

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to search for content that's not related to it's genre or category (Games, Movie, Channel, Series Name, etc.) but more related to it's capability. Search filters like video quality/dimensions and time might be useful in the overall user experience.

True. With .swf files it might be hard to extract information on movie length, but with .mp4 that shouldn't be difficult at all. A feature to sort submissions by definition or length would be useful. I'll add that to my wishlist. :) File size would apply to all submissions, so that shouldn't be too hard to implement. Any staff reading this? :P

It would also be useful to browse a complete list of flash submissions in regular view, without thumbnails, if your going by title.