New Topic Respond to this Topic
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-10 23:28:08 Reply

Is there a certain game out there that you have played and beaten countless times to where you know everything there is to know about it but you wish you could erase your memory of that certain game and play through it like you did the first time so you can explore and find out everything there is to know about the game for the fun new experience of it.

For me it would probably be Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past,i would love to play it one time like it was my first time trying to find everything out a new and play through such a great game for the first time ever.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-10 23:31:48 Reply

I do that all the time with the Skate games all the time to replay the stories.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-10 23:45:24 Reply

Half Life 2
I want to have that amazing feeling again, that rush, excitement, complete immersion.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-10 23:49:26 Reply

I think if I were to erase my mind clean of certain games I would pick Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim. Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim took forever to beat and once you got to the end and had the *SEMI SPOILER* I repeat *SEMI SPOILER* huge fights with things like the Human Reaper and the waves upon waves of Stormcloaks or Imperials it was just so rewarding. The story itself in both games was pretty amazing.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
BlueBeef
BlueBeef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 00:20:16 Reply

Farcry 3
Best game EVAR

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 01:06:40 Reply

None.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 02:52:10 Reply

It seems like I involuntarily erase my gaming memory all the time. Recently I played through Quake 2 thinking I had only made it through the first few levels, and I only realized at the ending credits that I had actually beat the game before. I even posted a blog about it, was only a couple of years ago! The trick might to be to stay up all night and get extremely tired towards the end of the game.

A game I do remember that I'd like to play again like the first time I played it is probably Doom. Though playing it now wouldn't be the same as playing it 15 years ago, it was a jumpy experience back then...

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 03:28:05 Reply

Probably Shadow of the Colossus. On my first playthrough, it was a completely alien game to me, with only a little narrative other than ride horse to where the light points to, kill big mean-looking thing, repeat. Despite that concept, I was amazed by the beauty of the world as I rode on my trusty steed Agro. I would purposely get lost and ignore my current goal just to explore the massive environment, see what's hidden behind the next mountain, or through that next cave (sometimes stumbling upon the sight of a future boss location in the process without knowing it). And the Colossi themselves were one of a kind, as well. I think everybody who has played the game remembers their reaction to seeing that first behemoth stomping around before you, violently shaking the tree with every step, completely oblivious to your insignificant presence until you grabbed his attention. Figuring out strategies for a Colossus was also a part of the fun, sometimes having to think on the fly if it were always aggressive towards you. Subsequent playthroughs were still enjoyable, be it playing to beat a previous time, to unlock new items through Hard mode, or just to experience it again, but it will never capture that feeling of playing it all without any experience. Not to mention that by now I know the secrets, the location, the theories behind what little story we have to go by, just about everything. Shadow of the Colossus was a true once in a lifetime experience when it comes to video games for me, and one I would gladly play through for the first time again.

tl;dr if you're a jerk: I would like to yell "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL THAT!?!?" after witnessing the first Colossus again.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 05:02:34 Reply

At 2/10/13 11:45 PM, naronic wrote: Half Life 2
I want to have that amazing feeling again, that rush, excitement, complete immersion.

Yeah, that was an amazing game. I remember the special effects at the end, they were just... surreal. Wonder if they'd still seem that way if I played again today...

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 06:18:03 Reply

I guess Bayonetta would be funnier to play through again without knowing what is going on. Since that's the point of the game that your player character suffers from some kind of amnesia, so it only makes sense you should know just as much about what's going on as Bayonetta herself is.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 07:43:57 Reply

HALF LIFE BLUE SHIFT OH MY GOD

original I am.

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 09:53:32 Reply

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
I would definitely love to lose memory of this game and play it like I did the first time. It was so breathtaking to look at and play for the first time.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 11:02:21 Reply

Probably Earthbound or Mother 3. Maybe Ocarina of Time?

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-11 11:17:22 Reply

I've considered stuff like this and I want to say Fallout 2. But now when actually thinking about it, I don't want to lose all those memories either.

Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-15 18:31:11 Reply

Halo 3. I have never played a game like the way i played that. The single player, the mutliplayer...It was just so good. To relive the memories of first crashing onto earth, to my first matchmaking game would be amazing. God damn do i miss that. We need more Halo 3's.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-15 18:55:07 Reply

For me it would be Diablo 2. I would want not just the story erased from my memory but all of the "secret" stuff like the cow level or how to get keys and use them to get organs and using the org set to get to Uber Trist etc. and all of the different class builds and the best gear for said builds. Basically every single thing relating to D2. I'm sure I have forgotten plenty of stuff I once knew about the game but I would pick it all up again pretty quickly if I started playing again.

One of the best things about D2 which made me obsessed with it for a long period of time was just how much information there is to absorb to improve your strategy and so many different class builds to try out, many giving you a different playing experience (7 classes and each class has multiple builds, plus each build takes plenty of time to master assuming you don't have an experienced player just giving you everything). Being able to go through that whole experience again as a D2 virgin would be pretty awesome.

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-15 19:08:33 Reply

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. <3

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-15 19:10:44 Reply

Ocarina of Time I think would have to take it. I don't think that there's ever been a game that amazed me so much and drew me so deep into the world. I felt so many different emotions throughout that game from joy to fear. I'm sure many of you had similar experiences.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-15 20:38:52 Reply

Probably Shadow of the Colossus, maybe A Link to the Past, or Ocarina of Time. Or maybe Hitman: Blood Money.

At 2/11/13 03:28 AM, Klobb17 wrote: tl;dr if you're a jerk: I would like to yell "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL THAT!?!?" after witnessing the first Colossus again.

Yep. That game is literally awesome, as in it actually inspires awe.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
PoundDotBlam
PoundDotBlam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 20:43:51 Reply

Great thread...

Ultima 3

Zelda: OOT and WW

Killer 7

Resident Evil 2 and 4

PoundDotBlam
PoundDotBlam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 20:46:16 Reply

At 2/17/13 08:43 PM, PoundDotBlam wrote: Great thread...

Ultima 3

Killer 7

Resident Evil 2 and 4

I just realized it says 1 game *smh*

Ultima 3 would be the game.

NightmareDuck
NightmareDuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 21:30:37 Reply

At 2/17/13 08:43 PM, PoundDotBlam wrote: Great thread...

Ultima 3

Killer 7

Resident Evil 2 and 4

Perfect list you have there. Also I must add No More Heroes and Minecraft (It feels so boring because of how long I've played it :S)

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 22:21:48 Reply

Resident Evil 4

I had so many paths completed and challenges done. Then there were are always the small details that amazed me. Details such as that bug crawling on a tree near where you fight the "Big Cheese", or that menu you find soon after getting on the island that shows what became of the children...

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 22:30:53 Reply

Dark Souls. I've gotten like 10 sets of every single item and weapon, know how to kill every boss in under a minute, know a strategy and shortcut for every single dungeon. My only savior at this point is the fact that I can still level up and PvP.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 22:34:56 Reply

Maybe Chrono Trigger or Earthbound. Mostly because I've played these games as a kid, and was obviously not as good as I am today. But playing these games without any memories of them, but with my actual gaming skills would be totaly awesome. Figuring out how to play these games, finding the secrets and everything... would be great :)

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 22:43:22 Reply

Doom.

GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-17 23:02:06 Reply

Final Fantasy X

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-18 00:12:09 Reply

Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. That game was so bad I wish I never knew about it.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-18 02:28:51 Reply

Perhaps Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Erasing one's own memory for 1 game 2013-02-18 19:35:56 Reply

That's a pretty tough question because I'm not sure if I would really like to wipe my memories of one of my favourite games. Imagine I replay it, not enjoy it as much and then replace all those old memories with feelings of dissatisfaction. It would be a waste I think.

If it's provided that I will love it as much as when I played it the first time, I would choose Ocarina of Time. I was so excited and obsessed with this game back when I was 10 years old. There's never been a video game after that where I felt the same, although admittedly Oblivion came close when I played it last summer.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature