Date

Score
    3.78 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

This video was created as a graduation project by animator, Betty Kwong. The music was created by an artist named "FlashyGoodness".

This is the link to the animation on Betty Kwong's Deviantart account: http://bettykwong.deviantart.com/art/Short-Film-A-Cake-for-C herry-267823496
This is her tumblr account: http://bettykwong.tumblr.com/tagged/cherryontop

User: http://fasiek.newgrounds.com/ "Fasiek" Took the animation, tried to re-edit it, and pawn it off as their own. Even unfairly earning an award off of another artist's hard work.

I was having some difficulty finding the report button anywhere, So I came to inquire here about how I should go about reporting? Normally one reports or "blows the whistle" on stolen posts in the Judgement phase, but many times videos make it through without those that are knowledgeable about a video's true origins noticing it. I think having report options on video submissions would be a great addition to the site, come next update.

Any advice on procedure and what to do in the future would be most helpful. And of course, I'd like to have this matter brought to the attention of the powers that be. The author stated that she would be filling out a DMCA notice, but honestly I hope it can just be removed and the user(s) banned (as there is one who claims to have made the music as well).

I believe Newgrounds to be a place where first time animators and seasoned pros can come together and learn from one another. I'd like to see the site continue to grow and gain more notoriety .

Thank you for your time.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to How do you report a thief? Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 04:22 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 03:18 AM, TalesofJC wrote: Stuff

The best way would be to PM a portal mod. Current portal mods:

Afro-Ninja, Alexander, Asandir, Auz, Bahamut, DiMono, EJR, ForNoReason, Jay, Jolly, Pride, reverend, RogerBK, RohantheBarbarian, SCTE3, Sectus, Simon, TehSlapHappy, ThePigeonMaster, YoungAndWise, Zachary and ZJ.

There's also the staff.

There used to be a whistle feature where users could report stolen/abusive material, but right now it's not working (IOW, it doesn't exist). Hopefully it'll return soon!

I believe Newgrounds to be a place where first time animators and seasoned pros can come together and learn from one another. I'd like to see the site continue to grow and gain more notoriety .

Words of wisdom! :)

TalesofJC
TalesofJC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to How do you report a thief? Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 04:37 AM Reply

Thank you very much! This is pretty helpful. (I knew there used to be a feature like that before the site wide update - guess they're on top of it then :) )

It seems that the thief has taken down the stolen animation, but I do have some suspicion that their other pieces are stolen as well. Especially considering they have a Deviantart page full of stolen artwork.

Thanks again for the info, I'll spread the word to any other posts I see similar to mine.

Cheers :)