New Topic Respond to this Topic
WirelessBrain
WirelessBrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Whats the point of sitting in a room full of sweaty, noisy people to watch something that you can watch online or on the TV by yourself?

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:08 PM Reply

You don't get out much, do you?

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

That's a totally fair enough question. Why be subjected to it? The only benefit is the size of the screen and the quality of the speakers. 3D offers me nothing, in fact, it detracts from my experience (and most other peoples' from what I hear).

It's a shame. I want to go back to the time my parents talk of where every screening had a projectionist to manage it. It was an experience not based around eating pop corn and slurping coke, it was a show and something people relished in.

Still, you've never been? What right have you got to whinge?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:07 PM, WirelessBrain wrote: Whats the point of sitting in a room full of sweaty, noisy people to watch something that you can watch online or on the TV by yourself?

Try a local cinema at 14 on a Thursday for a movie that's getting old. I watched Rush Hour 3 a couple of years ago at such a time, and behold, I had the entire room for myself! That's probably a once in a lifetime event though..

WirelessBrain
WirelessBrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:15 PM Reply

Because I have to go on this trip that involves me going to a cinema , its a mandatory end of the year thing and you have to choose an activity. I chose the one that doesn't get me out of my comfort zone except for the cinema which is included in said activity

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:17 PM Reply

Don't go to shitty cinemas, then.

Support independents and never give money to terrible multiplex chains who fire their projectionists and leave the running of the cinema to the guy who sells the popcorn.

I've been going to the same cinema for years, and have never had a bad experience, be it in a packed opening night screening, an empty room on a weekday morning or a 10AM screening the morning after an all-nighter full of people who've I've been watching films with since 10PM the night before.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:19 PM Reply

i havent been to the movies in years.
its fun when you're with friends.
watching with friends in your house feels very cozy though

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
dymck1
dymck1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Where I live there is this budget theater where all the tickets are $2.50
Although in most nice theaters it's like 10 bucks a ticket and that's just dumb.
Imo, netflix is the way to go with this stuff.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:15 PM, WirelessBrain wrote:
Because I have to go on this trip that involves me going to a cinema , its a mandatory end of the year thing and you have to choose an activity. I chose the one that doesn't get me out of my comfort zone except for the cinema which is included in said activity

Alright but that's in the future

Support independant cinema and you will find hollywood shifts its focus on creating good movies

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
WirelessBrain
WirelessBrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:28 PM, Ma1achi wrote: ALso how te hell have you not seen a movie at at a theater , are you living in a god damn cave.

A cave far away from a cinema, yes.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:07 PM, WirelessBrain wrote: Whats the point of sitting in a room full of sweaty, noisy people to watch something that you can watch online or on the TV by yourself?

>implying you can watch a brand new movie online or on TV at your house by any means other than torrenting.
>implying implications

Halberd
Halberd
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

It really depends on what cinema you go to. If you go to a cinema that is in a big shopping mall then you will probably have a bad experience and have to deal with things like children and edgy teenagers who care only about themselves and will ruin the enjoyment for others (if that happens the best thing to do is leave and speak to one of the theater people about it and ask for a refund or tickets to another screening.)

There is a theater next to a tennis court where I live which is really good. Screenings are rarely full and good people go there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 08:44 PM Reply

That's pretty pathetic, don't try to deem it as idiotic when you're this pathetic.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:12 PM, Otto wrote: That's a totally fair enough question. Why be subjected to it? The only benefit is the size of the screen and the quality of the speakers. 3D offers me nothing, in fact, it detracts from my experience (and most other peoples' from what I hear).

It's a shame. I want to go back to the time my parents talk of where every screening had a projectionist to manage it. It was an experience not based around eating pop corn and slurping coke, it was a show and something people relished in.

Only a little off-topic, but I like 3D. The glasses are definitely ridiculous, but I see 3D as a natural evolution: color, high definition, 3D, in my opinion. It just needs to be fixed up a bit, that's all. And I mean the subtle sort of 3D with depth, not in your face.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 08:49 PM, LDAF wrote: Only a little off-topic, but I like 3D. The glasses are definitely ridiculous, but I see 3D as a natural evolution: color, high definition, 3D, in my opinion. It just needs to be fixed up a bit, that's all. And I mean the subtle sort of 3D with depth, not in your face.

The massive reduction in brightness and that fact that 3D offers literally nothing because perspective has always existed means 3D is a waste of time, and something no serious directors are willing to touch now that the experimental period has worn off.

Also "high definition" isn't a thing. 70mm has been around since the late 50s and is still the highest resolution format in use today. Even standard 35mm film, which is literally over a century old, produces higher resolution picture than what is currently known as "HD".

70mm is still the best way to see a film, and recent work like Samsara has shown that now films shot on 70mm can look just as good when transferred to digital, negating the need to track down a cinema with access to a 70mm projector.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

Then go to a drive in theatre.

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Because it's fun to be in proximity with friends that aren't my hands and a computer screen.

BlowbackPrinciple
BlowbackPrinciple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer
Response to Never been to a cinema Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 09:53 PM Reply

I have never been to a movie theater either, I see no reason or purpose behind it. I can just as easily enjoy a film from the comfort of my own home.

"The weak do not forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."

BBS Signature