Be a Supporter!
LightningStryke
LightningStryke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Blam Requirements Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

I was wondering if there are any actual requirements for blamming. Feel free to contribute your opinions on what you think should constitute a blam.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 04:54 PM, LightningStryke wrote: I was wondering if there are any actual requirements for blamming. Feel free to contribute your opinions on what you think should constitute a blam.

tests

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 04:54 PM, LightningStryke wrote: I was wondering if there are any actual requirements for blamming. Feel free to contribute your opinions on what you think should constitute a blam.

beta's, tests, WIP's and utter shit that has had no effort put into making it. stuff that your 6 year old brother could probably make better than. i think you get the picture so far. also stolen content and shovelware. you should go check out 'the elite guard brigade' thread and read back through at least 5 pages or so and that should give you a fair idea of what shovelware is. or check out y userpage, I keep a good list of stuff on there plus all the portal mods and other shit. besides that just use good judgement and don't vote like a twat. if it's worth 0 or 1 then give it 0 or 1, don't think to yourself 'oh that will pass, I might as well give it a 2 and get a Save point', that's how all the shit passes through judgement, because that's peoples mentality. no morals, ethics or standards.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

It's your vote and only requirement is your opinion.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 02:53 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:58 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: It's your vote and only requirement is your opinion.

Best explanation so far.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:58 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
It's your vote and only requirement is your opinion.

That's true, but forgive me for getting on my soapbox at this stage, but we have seen an utter tirade of shite pass through the portal in the past 5 days and do you know how many Blams I have gained, in spite of the liberal use of my 0 button?

Go on, have a guess.

Zero.

That's right, not one fucking Blam. Tom needs to do something about the system now, otherwise Newgrounds is going to die the bloody death of becoming a site similar to YouTube, with the shitty videos that keep getting uploaded.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
LightningStryke
LightningStryke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:12 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
beta's, tests, WIP's and utter shit that has had no effort put into making it. stuff that your 6 year old brother could probably make better than. besides that just use good judgement and don't vote like a twat. if it's worth 0 or 1 then give it 0 or 1, don't think to yourself 'oh that will pass, I might as well give it a 2 and get a Save point', that's how all the shit passes through judgement, because that's peoples mentality. no morals, ethics or standards.

Thank you for giving your opinion, a lot of people could use this advice. People really need to think about what their votes are doing. On another note, where would one post betas, tests, WIPs, etc.?

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Blam Requirements Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 05:41 PM, LightningStryke wrote: Thank you for giving your opinion, a lot of people could use this advice. People really need to think about what their votes are doing. On another note, where would one post betas, tests, WIPs, etc.?

You can test things for yourself by uploading them to Dumping Grounds. If your submitting games and you want people to beta test them for you, you can upload it to Dumping Grounds then send the link to whoever you like, to test it for you.