New Topic Respond to this Topic
InDuStRiEl
InDuStRiEl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:01:34 Reply

Newgrounds had it's redesign. At first, NGers were revolted, criticizing the childish layout and colors. Overtime, we've grown to love(or despise) the redesign. Throughout the past year, new features have been added to NG, along with new members of the forums. Heck, we even have a new admin helping run the site! To me, it seems like yesterday when everyone was waiting for the redesign, watching all of the shorts while the site was down. When the new beast of the design was unleashed, NG wouldn't stop crashing for almost a day. In my opinion, this was the biggest change to NG in the past years of it's existence. I love Newgrounds, and will never leave.

So, fellow forum members, how has your experience with the layout change, as well as all of the other changes in the past year?

I think I'm a day late, but it's okay because if you're on the forums, you most likely have time on your hands. Yoink!

Bounce Bounce Jiggle Bounce :3

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:06:05 Reply

At 2/8/13 10:01 PM, InDuStRiEl wrote:
I think I'm a day late, but it's okay because if you're on the forums, you most likely have time on your hands. Yoink!

How dare you yoink thy self
You sir deserves a good yoinking for that manner

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
hiddeninthecrowd
hiddeninthecrowd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:11:13 Reply

At 2/8/13 10:10 PM, shitposter wrote: http://shitposter.newgrounds.com/news/post/688494#comments

http://shitposter.newgrounds.com/news/post/688494 for those of you whose mouse wheels just fell off

DICKSUCK 2013

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:15:49 Reply

At first I was like "What the fuck is this shit" but now I'm like, "Yeah it's pretty cool. It's modern." But I miss the userpage headers.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud || mypsychedelicfantasy - Tumblr
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:23:24 Reply

Overall there wasn't a time where I didnt' like the redesign.
And I've been really liking the new stuff they've been adding onto here as well.
I wont deny that I miss the previous design though.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Daikenkini
Daikenkini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 22:45:30 Reply

Never disliked the redesign either.

Waiting for the site to get back online again was a pain though. To that time I realized how much I actually love Newgrounds.

Still, good times. Watched all of these videos hundreds of times.

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-08 23:23:21 Reply

I'm a fan of the redesign. More of a modern feel and the 'more colour' is a nice touch, glad they didn't go overboard with it.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-09 02:55:29 Reply

I still don't like how the Classic Portal is hidden at the end of a list when it's pretty much the only page I visit in the Games & Movie sections. Everything you need is still right there, on one page, along with a lot of other interesting info that the new pages don't offer. An option tin a users profile o switch out the Games & Movie tabs with Portal & Submit would be awesome (Submit at the end of the menu, Portal at the beginning). I miss the complicated user accounts pages, and the old slogan (but that was before last redesign anyway). I also miss the old level icons...

Otherwise I've embraced the change. The search works better, the interface is easier to use, everything's faster... and the new features keep popping up. It really is a sleek layout.

RE-Uploader8
RE-Uploader8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-09 02:57:50 Reply

So, fellow forum members, how has your experience with the layout change, as well as all of the other changes in the past year?

Nothing really, still the same. It crashed like a test dummy the first week but now it's ok.

"Having known you're a grade A jackass, i'll still give you my money."-Sifraudmis (friend)

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-09 03:23:37 Reply

At 2/9/13 02:57 AM, RE-Uploader8 wrote: Nothing really, still the same. It crashed like a test dummy the first week but now it's ok.

Check the wayback machine for a future sense of nostalgia. :P

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to A Year Ago... 2013-02-09 03:25:37 Reply

i like all the features of the redesign, but the visual theme here still sucks

i hate the fucking coffee stain/grunge filter applied to everything

trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature