New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dilarus
Dilarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM Reply

Right so, I'm a writer, I write poetry, short stories, microfiction and such.

I've made an animation working with an artist in the past called "warning labels", available on newgrounds. I wrote the idea and sketched the characters and backgrounds but I simply don't have the patience or skills to animate (I have tried, trust me) and discovered I'm a better writer than I am an artist.

I've had a few things in local papers and had a short story read by a drama company and have written articles for various videogame websites but I want to make something more visual so obviously collaboration would be my only way forward.

I would love to find an artist who would like to collaborate with a writer on a short animated piece, I have a few poems I would like to turn into a minute or two long animation, if that isn't to your taste I can write something to suit the medium. I have no problem in drafting, storyboarding, designing characters and locations (not so strong on backgrounds), finding voice actors or creating an animatic, I just trip up when it comes to using flash.

As you can see I have oodles of enthusiasm, I'm professional and willing to put in the effort and listen to ideas just so long as you are equally ready to make the magic happen.

Here's the poem I had in mind, I think some wonderful images can be created in the snowcapped landscape, the protagonist would be a real treat to bring to life, especially with a seasoned voice actress reading it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx3mzl70hf3psd9/Horsefeathers.doc

Well that's my pitch, I hope to hear from you soon, if I've left any information out please ask, it's been a while since I've done this.

Sam

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 05:51 PM Reply

I think I'm going to be needing a writer to create character bios, locations, and help out a bit with story. I may hit you up when the time comes.

Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Dilarus
Dilarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 05:51 PM, 3Flay wrote: I think I'm going to be needing a writer to create character bios, locations, and help out a bit with story. I may hit you up when the time comes.

Coincidentally, I'm a gorillaz fan and was influenced by hewletts art style.

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 06:35 PM, Dilarus wrote: Coincidentally, I'm a gorillaz fan and was influenced by hewletts art style.

Huh, that is something of a coincidence. Maybe we can work something out in the not-so-distant future?

Support NG. Tweeter

Dilarus
Dilarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 07:02 PM, 3Flay wrote:
At 2/8/13 06:35 PM, Dilarus wrote: Coincidentally, I'm a gorillaz fan and was influenced by hewletts art style.
Huh, that is something of a coincidence. Maybe we can work something out in the not-so-distant future?

I dont mind contributing but I'm not looking for anything long-term until I'm satisfied of the quality of work produced, hence me wanting to make a short first

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 07:12 PM, Dilarus wrote: I dont mind contributing but I'm not looking for anything long-term until I'm satisfied of the quality of work produced, hence me wanting to make a short first

That seems reasonable. I'd be happy to create a Monkeez short with you. Granted, the characters still don't have any bios or names yet. After I finish up the full-body drawing of each, d'you care if I get back to you then so we can discuss a short more?

Support NG. Tweeter

Dilarus
Dilarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 07:40 PM Reply

Sure, why not

BBS Signature
Dilarus
Dilarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm a writer and I'd like to create Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 10:39 AM, EarthEntertainmentST wrote: I'm hoping to create a Nintendo Animated Universe comprised of a bunch of fans teaming up to make this come true.
Would you be interested?

Honestly I'd rather make something original, working with existing characters and worlds is something best left to someone who knows more about them than me

BBS Signature