00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Remix Competition!!!

2,872 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 15:16:02

Welcome to my first remix competition :)

Make a remix of my track ''imagination'', you can make it in any genre you want... so give it your best shot & enjoy!

The video should be titled: DJ A.H. - Imagination (''Artists name'' Remix)
Put your remix video as a response to this video ''http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaxfXyGk3w'' in order to enter this competition... and make sure to like, fav. & sub!

Prices:

1st winner: Dota 2 + put his/her channel on my recommended for 1 month + upload his remix on my channel as well.
2nd winner: Dota 2 + put his/her channel on my recommended for 1 week.
3rd winner: Dota 2

The prices is not the best, but its something I guess ^-^''

The competition ends in the 1st of march/2013, so fast it up yo
And I'm gonna announce the winners a few days later after the 1st of march.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

For more info, check the competition video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaxfXyGk3w

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 15:20:17

At 2/8/13 03:16 PM, djahmusic wrote: Welcome to my first remix competition :)

Invite your friends
You have extra copies of Dota 2 to give away

;D

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 15:48:09

Lol, I love how everywhere everyone is trying to get rid of all those DotA2 keys that Valve rolled out ;) I got about 13 in my inventory.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 15:50:20

At 2/8/13 03:48 PM, Draewa wrote: Lol, I love how everywhere everyone is trying to get rid of all those DotA2 keys that Valve rolled out ;) I got about 13 in my inventory.

I've given away 20+ copies of it so far...

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 15:51:32

At 2/8/13 03:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 2/8/13 03:48 PM, Draewa wrote: Lol, I love how everywhere everyone is trying to get rid of all those DotA2 keys that Valve rolled out ;) I got about 13 in my inventory.
I've given away 20+ copies of it so far...

Let's trade, I will give you 4 of my copies for one of yours.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 16:05:40

At 2/8/13 03:51 PM, wandschrank wrote: Let's trade, I will give you 4 of my copies for one of yours.

I'll give you five.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 22:13:51

No link to the song?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-08 22:15:44

At 2/8/13 10:13 PM, Envy wrote: No link to the song?

It's on his page, under his audio submissions.

Does my band covering the song count, or does it have to be EDM?
Does it have to be posted on NG, or can it be a youtube video?

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 04:23:47

At 2/8/13 10:15 PM, MilkyChocolate wrote:
At 2/8/13 10:13 PM, Envy wrote: No link to the song?
It's on his page, under his audio submissions.

Does my band covering the song count, or does it have to be EDM?
Does it have to be posted on NG, or can it be a youtube video?

No cover allowed, its a remix contest ^_^
and yes its on youtube, you make the remix... you upload the video & post it as a video response to this remix contest video of mine :)

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 04:33:01

At 2/8/13 03:20 PM, wandschrank wrote:
At 2/8/13 03:16 PM, djahmusic wrote: Welcome to my first remix competition :)
Invite your friends
You have extra copies of Dota 2 to give away

;D

The prices is important but its not everything in a contest, we make music because we love doing it... to show our fans what we can do & to see what other producer can do as well for the contest.

ITS FOR FUN IN THE FIRST PLACE PEOPLE!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 05:41:26

The prices is important but its not everything in a contest, we make music because we love doing it... to show our fans what we can do & to see what other producer can do as well for the contest.

ITS FOR FUN IN THE FIRST PLACE PEOPLE!

Yep, true. :)

I did not want to be mean. It's just.. Reading "Dota 2" made me laugh as Steam spams me with new copies every weak. ;D

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 06:42:47

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/522663?updated=1

yep, I'm waiting for the video to render.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 07:39:52

You need to remix this by ear or can I get midi files or whatever? Must probably by ear, i think. But I just want to ask, since I know im bad in creating remixes by ear!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 08:02:17

At 2/9/13 07:39 AM, RalaiyX3 wrote: You need to remix this by ear or can I get midi files or whatever? Must probably by ear, i think. But I just want to ask, since I know im bad in creating remixes by ear!

The link to the midi is in the video description. :)

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 08:14:07

At 2/9/13 08:02 AM, wandschrank wrote:
At 2/9/13 07:39 AM, RalaiyX3 wrote: You need to remix this by ear or can I get midi files or whatever? Must probably by ear, i think. But I just want to ask, since I know im bad in creating remixes by ear!

Ow lol, thanks dude! So, I have to put my remix in that video as comment? Couldn't I just upload it to NG and post it on this topic?

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 08:41:37

At 2/9/13 08:14 AM, RalaiyX3 wrote:
At 2/9/13 08:02 AM, wandschrank wrote:
Ow lol, thanks dude! So, I have to put my remix in that video as comment? Couldn't I just upload it to NG and post it on this topic?

Hey there, when your remix video on youtube is done post it as a ''video response'' to my contest video in order to enter this competition :)

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 08:46:39

Hey there, when your remix video on youtube is done post it as a ''video response'' to my contest video in order to enter this competition :)

I'm also allowed to upload it to NG, right?
Well, I shall start remixing it. I like the song!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 08:56:47

At 2/9/13 08:46 AM, RalaiyX3 wrote:
I'm also allowed to upload it to NG, right?
Well, I shall start remixing it. I like the song!

well yeah, just make sure to add me as the ''Author'' of the track in your upload on NG... good luck ;)

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 11:29:59

At 2/9/13 04:23 AM, djahmusic wrote: No cover allowed, its a remix contest ^_^

Is that No, no covers are allowed.
Or Yes, covers are allowed?
Your use of commas is a bit generic.
In your video you did state rock as a genra, but whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 17:38:40

At 2/9/13 11:29 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote:
At 2/9/13 04:23 AM, djahmusic wrote: No cover allowed, its a remix contest ^_^
Is that No, no covers are allowed.
Or Yes, covers are allowed?
Your use of commas is a bit generic.
In your video you did state rock as a genra, but whatever.

yes, but you can make a rock remix you know... it doesnt have to be a cover, lets take the famous ''331erock'' on youtube for ex., he makes the instrumental part first & he plays/records guitar for it later on... which makes a remix cause he doesn't use much from the original music!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 17:54:31

What DJ A.H. is saying is DO NOT replicate the exact composition of the original. Change it up!

Technically, though, a production is only considered a remix if it contains a stem or more from the original track. So, technically, all the remixes submitted here are covers (though, you'd be mad to call them covers). But that's why there is some confusion here, I believe.

Also, you do realise that if you piss somebody off, all they have to do is call you DJ ArseHole lol...

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 19:30:55

At 2/9/13 05:54 PM, The-iMortal wrote: What DJ A.H. is saying is DO NOT replicate the exact composition of the original. Change it up!

Technically, though, a production is only considered a remix if it contains a stem or more from the original track. So, technically, all the remixes submitted here are covers (though, you'd be mad to call them covers). But that's why there is some confusion here, I believe.

Also, you do realise that if you piss somebody off, all they have to do is call you DJ ArseHole lol...

I do not intend to piss anybody off OK?!
a remix is a remix, and a cover is a cover... all real producers knows about stuff like that.

Also, by insulting me ''just like that''.. you could make an ass of yourself, choose your words carefully with people that you dont know ight?!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 19:47:46

How about you just use the term 'arrangement' if you want to be clear that you're not looking for someone to just take the audio and re-align it. Personally, I find the terms 'cover' and 'remix' are confused with each other too much to be of anyone's use... much better when we just called things 'compositions' and 'arrangements', tbh. :P

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 19:54:54

At 2/9/13 07:30 PM, djahmusic wrote: Also, by insulting me ''just like that''.. you could make an ass of yourself, choose your words carefully with people that you dont know ight?!

What the hell, bro? I was simply stating that people could call you DJ ArseHole because of your alias, DJ A.H. Get it? A.H. for arse hole? I was cracking a joke, not calling you an arsehole... I think you're being a bit anal!

Okay, I'll stop with the arse jokes... yep, there's no buts about it - I should stop.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 21:11:17

I like the melody btw. I'm about 1 min in with my remix.

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 21:11:50

At 2/9/13 07:54 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 2/9/13 07:30 PM, djahmusic wrote: Also, by insulting me ''just like that''.. you could make an ass of yourself, choose your words carefully with people that you dont know ight?!
What the hell, bro? I was simply stating that people could call you DJ ArseHole because of your alias, DJ A.H. Get it? A.H. for arse hole? I was cracking a joke, not calling you an arsehole... I think you're being a bit anal!

Okay, I'll stop with the arse jokes... yep, there's no buts about it - I should stop.

I get it bro, but this is suppose to be a normal & simple remix contest for fun & prices.
and after some people made fun of it & began joking about trading games to eachother... I feel disrespected & I dont have the mode for joking anymore, you know what I mean!

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 21:30:01

At 2/9/13 09:11 PM, djahmusic wrote: I get it bro, but this is suppose to be a normal & simple remix contest for fun & prices.
and after some people made fun of it & began joking about trading games to eachother... I feel disrespected & I dont have the mode for joking anymore, you know what I mean!

I hear ya man, but you aren't a regular yet. No offense, but you can't expect to walk in here and say "remix MY music, it's a contest!" and expect people to bend over backwards to join in... we are all musicians/composers/producers, and quite frankly, none of us care about your music (or anyone other than our own and those we greatly admire) enough to really be perked by a contest with rewards that are not the standard.

In addition, remix contests are generally run by artists who have years of industry experience under their belts and want to generate even more public interest and/or give back to struggling artists. You are new around here and have only been producing for a year by the looks of your Youtube upload dates (my apologies if you have been for longer), so expect folks to be either dismissive or skeptical when you do anything where your work is being posted in the forums (some folks can get really crazy about the 'no self-advertising in the audio forum' rule), it's just how life is. I dunno, stick around through a few NACs/RACs/MACs/whatever else, join the skype chat, post in the forums, and people will at least be respectful when you show you are interested in bringing your music, your time, and your personality to this community. I'm sure you'll find some people to join in your contest now, but if you are looking for a big turnout, consider my tips above.

Regardless, good luck with your contest man. I would enter, but unless you like Orchestral arrangements, I'd likely disappoint. :P

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-09 22:19:44

At 2/9/13 09:30 PM, samulis wrote:
At 2/9/13 09:11 PM, djahmusic wrote: I get it bro, but this is suppose to be a normal & simple remix contest for fun & prices.
I hear ya man, but you aren't a regular yet. No offense, but you can't expect to walk in here and say "remix MY music, it's a contest!" and expect people to bend over backwards to join in... we are all musicians/composers/producers, and quite frankly, none of us care about your music (or anyone other than our own and those we greatly admire) enough to really be perked by a contest with rewards that are not the standard.

In addition, remix contests are generally run by artists who have years of industry experience under their belts and want to generate even more public interest and/or give back to struggling artists. You are new around here and have only been producing for a year by the looks of your Youtube upload dates (my apologies if you have been for longer), so expect folks to be either dismissive or skeptical when you do anything where your work is being posted in the forums (some folks can get really crazy about the 'no self-advertising in the audio forum' rule), it's just how life is. I dunno, stick around through a few NACs/RACs/MACs/whatever else, join the skype chat, post in the forums, and people will at least be respectful when you show you are interested in bringing your music, your time, and your personality to this community. I'm sure you'll find some people to join in your contest now, but if you are looking for a big turnout, consider my tips above.

Regardless, good luck with your contest man. I would enter, but unless you like Orchestral arrangements, I'd likely disappoint. :P

ofc Ik that, I'm known a bit on youtube and got more than 3600 subs... and all of these fans & friends there knows me & respects me for my work, here I'm new... so its more than obvious that nobody knows me, still doesn't changes the fact that I've been making music for more than 3 years & knows exactly what I'm doing!

regardless, everybody is more than welcome with their remixes ''whatever the genre could be''... GOOD LUCK :)

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-10 00:03:42

At 2/9/13 09:30 PM, samulis wrote: join the skype chat

The whut.

Remix Competition!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Remix Competition!!! 2013-02-10 00:31:24

At 2/10/13 12:03 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote:
At 2/9/13 09:30 PM, samulis wrote: join the skype chat
The whut.

'Tis where all the good fellows be, my amiable fellow!