Be a Supporter!

Recent Purchases

  • 10,984 Views
  • 630 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:33 AM Reply

I feel really hypocritical for judging people for spending $100+ on a pair of shoes, then going and buying this thing for...

Well, a... large, amount of money

Recent Purchases


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:33 AM, Xenomit wrote: I feel really hypocritical for judging people for spending $100+ on a pair of shoes, then going and buying this thing for...

Well, a... large, amount of money

Take a photo with it.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:35 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/19/13 01:33 AM, Xenomit wrote: I feel really hypocritical for judging people for spending $100+ on a pair of shoes, then going and buying this thing for...

Well, a... large, amount of money
Take a photo with it.

Gagsy there's a reason I had to use an older picture of me in the "post a picture of yourself" thread

Yeah, I know, "Hur you don't have a picture of it and it's expensive so you don't have it cuz YOU CANT PRUVE IT lel", so I'm not even gonna try to get you to believe that I have it.

The only camera I had was my ipod, and I lost that thing months ago. Haven't felt like buying one since, and I'm certainly not buying one just so I can prove myself on an internet forum.


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:39 AM, Xenomit wrote:
The only camera I had was my ipod, and I lost that thing months ago. Haven't felt like buying one since, and I'm certainly not buying one just so I can prove myself on an internet forum.

Mhm.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:47 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/19/13 01:39 AM, Xenomit wrote:
The only camera I had was my ipod, and I lost that thing months ago. Haven't felt like buying one since, and I'm certainly not buying one just so I can prove myself on an internet forum.
Mhm.

Like I said, not even gonna try.


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:49 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Like I said, not even gonna try.

Thats ok. I'll just continue to find amusing the idea of someone apparently willing to spend like $4000 on a watch but has no intention of owning a device that gives him a camera function. On their on like everything these days.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Goddamn Gagsy get off his back!

btw my most recent purchase, it cost.. well it cost a lot guys.

Recent Purchases


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:02 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Goddamn Gagsy get off his back!

btw my most recent purchase, it cost.. well it cost a lot guys.

Yeah I'm being a bit harsh actually.

I mean I have made a large purchase myself recently. It cost.. well lets just say it was a lot of money.

Recent Purchases


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: Yeah I'm being a bit harsh actually.

I mean I have made a large purchase myself recently. It cost.. well lets just say it was a lot of money.

Yeah but, legit though, that shit will get you LAAAAAAAAAAID. Bitches love ships.


"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:55 AM, Gagsy wrote: Thats ok. I'll just continue to find amusing the idea of someone apparently willing to spend like $4000 on a watch

$3000

I bought it off a friend who got a better one

but has no intention of owning a device that gives him a camera function. On their on like everything these days.

Have no need, I don't need to take pictures of things


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:15 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:02 AM, DarkMatter wrote: btw my most recent purchase, it cost.. well it cost a lot guys.
At 2/19/13 02:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: I mean I have made a large purchase myself recently. It cost.. well lets just say it was a lot of money.

Yes, because a super car and a yacht are comparable to a watch that isn't even made out of gold


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:16 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:13 AM, Trambamboline wrote:
Yeah but, legit though, that shit will get you LAAAAAAAAAAID. Bitches love ships.

Its why I bought it Sam. Its why I bought it.

At 2/19/13 02:14 AM, Xenomit wrote:
$3000

I bought it off a friend who got a better one
Have no need, I don't need to take pictures of things

Please don't let me stop you from not bothering to try.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:14 AM, Xenomit wrote: Have no need, I don't need to take pictures of things

It also tells time.


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Genius Party (various, 2007, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Yes, because a super car and a yacht are comparable to a watch that isn't even made out of gold

I didn't know we were comparing purchases.

Why would we ever do that?


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:19 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:18 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 2/19/13 02:14 AM, Xenomit wrote: Have no need, I don't need to take pictures of things
It also tells time.

Which is why I spent so much for a watch


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:21 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:18 AM, DarkMatter wrote: I didn't know we were comparing purchases.

Why would we ever do that?

Because I just bought a new set of forks, and FUCK YOU ther are so much better than YOUR forks. Bitch.


"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:21 AM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 2/19/13 02:18 AM, DarkMatter wrote: I didn't know we were comparing purchases.

Why would we ever do that?
Because I just bought a new set of forks, and FUCK YOU ther are so much better than YOUR forks. Bitch.

It sounds to me like your challenging me to a pokeFORK BATTLE!!!!!


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:19 AM, Xenomit wrote: Which is why I spent so much for a watch

Yeah, that's kind of my point. You could have bought a device that has thousands of functions, including the one you apparently need. But instead you spent $2500 extra to get a device that only has two functions (telling time and making you look like a douche).


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Genius Party (various, 2007, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:30 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 2/19/13 02:19 AM, Xenomit wrote: Which is why I spent so much for a watch
Yeah, that's kind of my point. You could have bought a device that has thousands of functions, including the one you apparently need.

You're implying I feel like buying a smart phone. No, I have a company-provided 2005 nokia. My boss paid for the phone and pays for the bill, so I don't need a different phone.

But instead you spent $2500 extra to get a device that only has two functions (telling time and making you look like a douche).

People who think expensive watches = douchy person tend to be people who can't afford them.


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:21 AM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 2/19/13 02:18 AM, DarkMatter wrote: I didn't know we were comparing purchases.

Why would we ever do that?
Because I just bought a new set of forks, and FUCK YOU ther are so much better than YOUR forks. Bitch.

But are they forks made out of gold.

Well? ARE THEY?!

I DON'T THINK SO.

Recent Purchases


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:35 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:33 AM, Gagsy wrote: But are they forks made out of gold.

Well? ARE THEY?!

I DON'T THINK SO.

Those'll bend the first time you use them. Gawd. Do you even cutlery, brah?


"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Artist
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:40 AM Reply

some pages from the book
as you can tell I am excited about this purchase :3

Recent Purchases

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Artist
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:32 AM, Xenomit wrote: People who think expensive watches = douchy person tend to be people who can't afford them.

Even if that were true it wouldn't make their point any less valid.
Ad hominems: Stop using them.

Provoke
Provoke
  • Member since: Jan. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:40 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: some pages from the book
as you can tell I am excited about this purchase :3

Everything about that book just screams "you"

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 03:25 AM Reply

I bought a bottle of wine yesterday, really cheap though. I bought it for 60sek which is about 8,5 dollars. Tasted way better than I anticipated.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 04:26 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:32 AM, Xenomit wrote: People who think expensive watches = douchy person tend to be people who can't afford them.

Anyone willing to buy a prohibitively expensive trinket for the sole purpose of being seen with it (and that is the only function a $3000 Rolex serves that can't be accomplished by a much cheaper watch, or in this day and age any cell phone) is probably a douche. I think that's a substantially more informed assumption than your idea that anyone who is turned off by that kind of shallow, wasteful, shameless materialism is obviously just jealous.


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Genius Party (various, 2007, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 04:49 AM Reply

Some nice clothes today. Some through the mail too. Shorts are a bit ugly so I may return them.


BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 04:57 AM Reply

Succubus Hell Bent.
Has a really bad rating on imdb. I can't wait to see it.

Recent Purchases

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Musician
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 02:40 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: some pages from the book
as you can tell I am excited about this purchase :3

I don't know why. But I find that book awesome ._.


Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Recent Purchases Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 09:34 AM, UVSoaked wrote: Let's showoff what we recently bought, no matter how little or cheap it was!

My last purchase was just a case for my phone.

Milk


"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature