New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Do any of you own this? I just bought one off Amazon for 19.99(including shipping cost in that 19.99). I seen reviews on it that claim it works with Duck Hunt, Gotcha!, and many other Zapper games for the NES. I also had to rebuy DuckHunt because for some reason that game is missing from our Collection and I also bought an original Nintendo Controller because that is missing too aswell as the original NES.

Games I already own the cartridges of but mainly games my oldest brother bought for the system but forgot about these babies or doesn't play them anymore.

Nintendo games:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game(We own two of them for god knows what reason)

The Goonies II(Is this game even good?)

Super C(This is Super Contra right? Bad ass even tho I remember sucking at it)

Iron Sword(I think this was my brothers friends game that he never gave back to when we were kids)

Tennis(Pretty cool game)

Arkanoid(Needs not explaintion on its bad ass)

Burger Time(What the heck is this?)

Double Dribble(Don't remember anything about this basketball game)

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!(Classic but I don't know if it works right because I remember this game giving us all types of problems when I was younger)

Gotcha(Another bad ass Zapper game that was a classic for the NES, hopefully this one works)

Friday The 13th(Pretty cool game even tho the AVGN crapped on it but he made sense when he was talking about how the map was backwards in this game. I don't remember this game crapping out on me when I was younger so I'm assuming it's in good condition)

Where in time is carmen sandiego?(Don't know who's game this is, maybe another borrowed game unless my Sister got it for the system)

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 05:33 AM Reply

Why on earth would you buy one of these instead of just getting a proper nintendo? These clone consoles often have poor build quality and horrible sound. Hardly worth it for the price difference. Besides that, if you're collecting the games anyway wouldn't you want a real nintendo to go with them?

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 05:33 AM, Jackho wrote: Why on earth would you buy one of these instead of just getting a proper nintendo? These clone consoles often have poor build quality and horrible sound. Hardly worth it for the price difference. Besides that, if you're collecting the games anyway wouldn't you want a real nintendo to go with them?

Maybe because people want too much money for an old NES that has more problems than the Clone. Oh no a little sound issue big deal. What about the fact that I don't want to constantly be blowing in the system or pay 50-60 bucks for something that doesn't work right? The original NES was trash, while the console was cool looking it never ran properly.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:57 AM, TheKlown wrote: Maybe because people want too much money for an old NES that has more problems than the Clone. Oh no a little sound issue big deal. What about the fact that I don't want to constantly be blowing in the system or pay 50-60 bucks for something that doesn't work right? The original NES was trash, while the console was cool looking it never ran properly.

An NES console without controllers (since you bought one anyway) runs about the same price as one of these. Yeah, the 72-pin is a piece of shit but it's easily fixable. When I got my nes it was a mess and wouldn't play anything, I broke the region chip and boiled the 72 pin and now it works like new, I never need to blow or jiggle the carts as it always works first time.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:08 AM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SLqFphFTM

LOL, this guy just shows a video of him claiming that reliability the NES is the one to go with, yet he shows himself blowing constantly into the cartridge to get it to work on the Original Nintendo. Also, the one he is reviewing is the Yoblo version vs the Original Nes. I am getting the Retro Bit one which is suppose to have better Color than the Yoblo version. Not sure about sound quality, it's probably just as bad sound wise but if Picture is better thats a plus if the picture above me is any indication the Retro beats Yoblo in Color. LOL, the Clone system he didn't have to blow in the Cartridge!!! The so called new 72 pin connection on his Nintendo didn't solve the issues with the original Nintendo.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:57 AM Reply

I've only tried the original. Bought one second-hand a few years ago, played it a little, then sold it again when I realized it was much easier playing all those old games on the computer. :/ Not sure exactly how much it cost but it was definitely under $50 As long as people keep selling them frequently the prices won't be too high.

malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 03:12 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:57 AM, TheKlown wrote: What about the fact that I don't want to constantly be blowing in the system or pay 50-60 bucks for something that doesn't work right? The original NES was trash,

You can get a NES for like 25$ or less if you actually hunt around and not just Ebay/Amazon it. A clean one in the box might cost 60$ but you can easily find one at a flea market, pawn shop, goodwill, whathaveyou for less.

Hell, when I bought mine they sold me the stack of games they had at half price.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 03:58 AM Reply

Pick the 1rst game you want me to try out on the Retro Bit Entertainment System. Here is the list of games I own. I will probably make a video of it and upload it to youtube or you guys. I think my first game I test on the System should be one someone hasn't tested on youtube yet or one that I haven't seen tested for Retro Bit System. I still haven't seen anyone test Duck Hunt with this system, yet people online claim it works and it better because that is one of the reasons I got the Clone System is for that game. The games I've seen people test online are all the same mostley like Mario Brothers 1 and Mike Tyson's Punch out on another youtube video I seen.

Arkanoid
Tennis
IronSword Wizards and Warriors II
Super C(Super Contra)
The Goones II
Mario Bros 1/Duck Hunt
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II (We own two copies of this for god knows what reason. I don't remember us having problems with one so maybe someone left it over our house or some how we got 2 copies..)
Burger Time
Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego?
Friday The 13th
Gotcha(I remember this game being fun but is it only two players or can you play 1 player?)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Double Dribble(Something sounds like its shaking around in it like salt, sand or maybe a crap load of dirt... Atleast its in a game I could careless about.)

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 12:42 AM, TheKlown wrote: Retro Bit is the best Nes Clone at an affordable price.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/138277-looks-like-anoth er-famiclones-surfaced-the-retro-entertainment-system/page__
st__25

Who ever made that screenshot is bullshit. The Retro Bit Version I have has a Purple like sky in Mario 1, not a nice Blue one. Not that it matter too much but now I notice it because this Screenshot someone made is either bullshit or they sell different versions of this console which would be fucked up because no one explained that to me.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 2/11/13 02:08 AM, TheKlown wrote: LOL, this guy just shows a video of him claiming that reliability the NES is the one to go with,

I'm sure he meant it's reliable in the sense that every game will run like it's supposed to, and you don't need to worry about any graphic or sound issues or whatever. I'd still go for a real NES over any of these clones.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:57 AM, TheKlown wrote: Maybe because people want too much money for an old NES that has more problems than the Clone.

Are you dumb?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 12:56 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 2/8/13 11:57 AM, TheKlown wrote: Maybe because people want too much money for an old NES that has more problems than the Clone.
Are you dumb?

No but you are you Anti-gun nutjob.

Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:35 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 2/12/13 12:56 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Are you dumb?
No but you are you Anti-gun nutjob.

So, what you mean to say is yes?

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:35 PM, TheKlown wrote: No but you are you Anti-gun nutjob.

I guess I should sell my guns then, huh?

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Retro-bit Original Nintendo? Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:35 PM, TheKlown wrote: No but you are you Anti-gun nutjob.

lolwhat does that have to do with this thread

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature