New Topic Respond to this Topic
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Monkeez, a Gorillaz tribute band Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM Reply

I'm currently in the process of creating a Gorillaz tribute band called Monkeez. Original, aren't I? This is planned to be a long-term project, but we can't do it without others; the entire project is just an enormous collab via the Internet, isn't it? Anyway, I'm looking for musicians and voice actors to fill the rolls of the band members. One thing that's different between Gorillaz and Monkeez is the Monkeez' lack of a fourth member. A male and female actors will be needed, and I'm open to a variety of voices. There's really no audition line, just.. y'know.. Sputter out whatever you like, record it, and send it. Yep. If you'd like to know more, shoot me a PM.

Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Monkeez, a Gorillaz tribute band Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

I linked you to the project page. Here's the actual track: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/514813

That's just an audition type thing. I don't plan on covers being part of the project. I am planning on making something similar to The Fall later on when I learn how to make electronic music and get better equipment.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Monkeez, a Gorillaz tribute band Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 05:14 PM, jjjkuk wrote: I linked you to the project page. Here's the actual track: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/514813

That's just an audition type thing. I don't plan on covers being part of the project. I am planning on making something similar to The Fall later on when I learn how to make electronic music and get better equipment.

Nice, sounds pretty good. I agree with you, the clapping seemed off beat and sounds like it kind of fucked you up. Thing is, I'm sorta looking for better quality. The audio sounds like it's been ripped from a video. Do you think you could record yourself singing a bit? Any song will do, really, as long as it's good quality. Also, that sounds pretty cool. Good luck with it.

Support NG. Tweeter

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Monkeez, a Gorillaz tribute band Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 05:47 PM, 3Flay wrote:
At 2/8/13 05:14 PM, jjjkuk wrote: I linked you to the project page. Here's the actual track: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/514813

Nice, sounds pretty good. I agree with you, the clapping seemed off beat and sounds like it kind of fucked you up. Thing is, I'm sorta looking for better quality. The audio sounds like it's been ripped from a video. Do you think you could record yourself singing a bit? Any song will do, really, as long as it's good quality. Also, that sounds pretty cool. Good luck with it.

It actually is. It's from my class' final last semester. Anyway, I'm not very good at singing at the moment, but I think I can copy Damon's lower notes decently. I'll record something once I get my recording studio (my car) back. At this stage, I can only write and record simple demos. I already have all the song ideas for that thing down and themes for most of them.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Monkeez, a Gorillaz tribute band Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 06:20 PM, jjjkuk wrote:

:I'll record something once I get my recording studio (my car) back. At this stage, I can only write and record simple demos. I already have all the song ideas for that thing down and themes for most of them.

Alright, man, sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Support NG. Tweeter