Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 09:10 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:05 AM, Phobotech wrote:
At 2/9/13 05:22 AM, Cootie wrote: Are we taking bets on how long he can evade them?
Starting bids?

As long as he stays smart and has a network of friends then he can keep this shit going for a while. Channel his inner gorilla... I mean guerrilla.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 01:15 AM, Phobotech wrote: Look, Lumber, I honestly don't give a fuck. This shit's happening in LA with one dude taking on the LAPD. From my cozy vantage point in North Dallas, this is still a fascinating story to keep up on.

People kinda like to root for the underdog every once and a while. You may argue against the morality and societal backlashes that may incur, but all in all, we're just impressed by this guy's colossal balls. I'm engrossed into how far he takes things. I mean, this has potential to be even bigger than THIS, which happened in '97....these guys were just bank robbers. The motive to this one man (ONE MAN!) is much, much more complex than just a matter of race.

Ill agree with you it's fascinating, and Ill admit this guy does have either quite a sack on him, or death wish.

But this isn't a videogame these are real people you're talking about here, and the fact that you would like to see his "kill count" rise is sickening, considering every man or woman he kills is a real person with a real family and loved ones.

Don't trivialize this, just because you think it's somehow bad ass or cool.

And for the record shooting two innocent people, just because you can't get to your prime target is terrorism, not bravery.

If he truly had the balls he'd go right up to the LAPD and start a fight, instead of killing two innocents and running with his tail between his legs up in the mountains.

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:15 PM Reply

The sad thing is the LAPD is going to end up causing more collateral damage than the murdered they're hunting did. they already shot two asian ladies for driving a blue truck, riddling it with bullet holes in the process, that wasn't even the same make or color as the suspect's truck, and who knows what else they've done in relation to the manhunt that the LAPD hasn't told us about.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I'd like to believe his story but he is so insane that it makes me hard to believe he was called an N-Word. Look at that guy, he is the size of the HULK, what sane individual would call him the N-WORD? I think they would be more threatened by the fact he could rip their heads off or snap their necks like twigs than they would be of him coming back to kill him.

I'm calling bullshit but maybe it did happen, but if it did happen I don't think he should be taking it out on the wrong people. He hasn't even killed the person who supposedly called him the N-word. I mean he went after and innocent Asian Woman who was only the daughter of one of the police officers I believe, but she had nothing to do with what her dad did which makes him crazy.

You don't take it on family members, you go after the person/people who did it. Also not only did he kill the Asian Woman, but he killed her fiance who happened to be Black too! So wait, if this is about Racism why is he killing other Blacks instead of the Asians, Whites, or Hispanics who supposedly called him the N-word?

I bet you the guy is in Mexico or another Country by now. He is too big looking to not be spotted.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I wonder when he's actually going to start going all guerilla fighter on their ass and no longer be just fleeing. He should go urban Rambo. There is corruption all throughout the LAPD, time for somebody to clean house.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Remember when liberals were saying only cops are stable and qualified enough to carry guns?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 02:21 PM, RacistBassist wrote: I wonder when he's actually going to start going all guerilla fighter on their ass and no longer be just fleeing. He should go urban Rambo. There is corruption all throughout the LAPD, time for somebody to clean house.

I wouldn't mind if he killed more Cops. The Cops where I'm from at Burlington, New Jersey deserve to die for harassing me all the time even tho I have 0 history of drugs or alcohol. I can't even ride my bike, jog without being harassed by them. I did not make a threat to them, I'm just saying if this guy wants to kill more Cops I'd have no problem with it. I don't like Cops, they're corrupt most of them. It's like that Training Day movie with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:28 PM Reply

What if, out of tremendous guilt for killing that girl, he's killed himself in some obscure hiding spot...the LAPD will live on in fear for weeks from a threat that will never resurface...

...any additional attacks in the news relating to this guy, post them here as they come.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 02:28 PM, Phobotech wrote: What if, out of tremendous guilt for killing that girl, he's killed himself in some obscure hiding spot...the LAPD will live on in fear for weeks from a threat that will never resurface...

...any additional attacks in the news relating to this guy, post them here as they come.

How do we know that the LAPD didn't set this all up and the guys actually innocent? Or is that too much Movie Magic thinking? Wouldn't put it past me that the Police would do something so corrupt.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Someone will probably want to make a movie out of this.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 02:31 PM, TheKlown wrote:
How do we know that the LAPD didn't set this all up and the guys actually innocent? Or is that too much Movie Magic thinking? Wouldn't put it past me that the Police would do something so corrupt.

lol, I personally think that's a bit too Hollywood to be taken seriously. But y'know, someone, SOMEWHERE, has already fabricated a whole conspiracy theory that parallels that...and some people will probably think it's true.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:37 PM Reply

God, please grant this negro a steady trigger finger and help him kill as many people as possible before he is killed.

I read his manifesto though, and if he isn't bullshitting anything, I completely support his decision to go apeshit on the LAPD.

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:10 PM Reply

You people are ridiculous.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:43 AM, Jin wrote: I hope he gets as many of them as possible.

Sick thing is I kind of agree with this, whether you're joking or not I don't know. I don't know your experience with Cops but the ones in my town are Assholes and I've heard nothing but negative things about the LAPD, so I assume they're the same way.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:10 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: You people are ridiculous.

I'll probably be severely criticized for saying this, but whatever.

If what Christopher Dorner is saying happens to be true, AND he is targeting cops who happen to be corrupt, then I can't say I entirely disapprove of his actions. I do, however, disapprove of his killing innocent relatives of police targets.

Corrupt cops pose a danger to the people, and we all know that the justice system doesn't do much to punish them. Corrupt cops threaten the lives of everyone, so if the justice system won't punish them, Christopher Dorner should.

How often have we heard of cops being accused of committing police brutality escaping punishment despite the abundance of evidence that indicates they are guilty of those crimes? Too often, I'd say.

The fact that LAPD officers have twice shot at cars that somewhat resembled the car Christopher Dorner shows without even directing the people inside those cars to get out with their hands up only substantiates the claims that Dorner makes in his manifesto.

These officers are either extremely afraid of this man, or they know he's right and want to permanently silence him. It might be both.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Funny note: I just went to check the LAPD on wiki, and I suppose some one of a similar mind as some of you edited the front page so the last sentence reads: " It is currently panicking over Christopher Dorner's whereabouts, thus proving the allegations of its corruption and tyranny in his manifesto correct."

However the only reason I went on was to pull up some facts:
-The LAPD is 10 k men strong, you want to tell me that EVERY man in the department is some corrupt, cop involved in some national conspiracy?
-Only 46% of the department is white, of an 82% of Males.
-During the rampart scandal, Police Chief Bernard Parks was fired, and 4 officers were fired, and arrested serving an average of around 10 years
-In 2008 an officer demanded sex from a woman he pulled over instead of an arrest, he was arrested and put in jail for 8 years.
-A detective was sentenced to 27 years in jail for a murder done in 1986.

The most recent string of 'corruption'. Is the LAPD still some big bad 'Big Brother' organization still? And can we stop painting every single cop in Los Angeles as being crooked, or deserving to die.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Not every cop who ever gave you a ticket is corrupt, people.

TNT
TNT
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:56 PM Reply

I am in disbelief that some of you users support his actions on killing people.

The police department being corrupt is one thing, but killing their loved ones in the process? How can you justify that?

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:56 PM, TNT wrote: I am in disbelief that some of you users support his actions on killing people.

The police department being corrupt is one thing, but killing their loved ones in the process? How can you justify that?

Because people are largely immoral, and hate cops because they got pulled over once in 2004.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:49 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: Funny note: I just went to check the LAPD on wiki, and I suppose some one of a similar mind as some of you edited the front page so the last sentence reads: " It is currently panicking over Christopher Dorner's whereabouts, thus proving the allegations of its corruption and tyranny in his manifesto correct."

However the only reason I went on was to pull up some facts:
-The LAPD is 10 k men strong, you want to tell me that EVERY man in the department is some corrupt, cop involved in some national conspiracy?

No one is claiming that.

-Only 46% of the department is white, of an 82% of Males.

Corruption crosses color lines. Hell, Christopher Dorner accused a female police officer of police brutality, which eventually led to his dismissal from the LAPD.

-During the rampart scandal, Police Chief Bernard Parks was fired, and 4 officers were fired, and arrested serving an average of around 10 years

Doesn't mean corruption in the LAPD isn't significant.

-In 2008 an officer demanded sex from a woman he pulled over instead of an arrest, he was arrested and put in jail for 8 years.

-A detective was sentenced to 27 years in jail for a murder done in 1986.

The most recent string of 'corruption'. Is the LAPD still some big bad 'Big Brother' organization still?

The evidence indicates that LAPD is still somewhat correct.

And can we stop painting every single cop in Los Angeles as being crooked, or deserving to die.

No sane person is saying such things.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:58 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 2/9/13 05:56 PM, TNT wrote: I am in disbelief that some of you users support his actions on killing people.

Because people are largely immoral, and hate cops because they got pulled over once in 2004.

No because a good half of this generation is fucked up.

I'm 18, and I know that might discredit me to a degree, but still I see it all around me. A teacher gives a student a hard time because he sleeps in class, and gives the kid a well deserved failing average. And the shit will have the audacity to call said teacher an "asshole".

That's not one isolated case either I hear this shit all the time. To many people today are too self centered.

I mean for shit's sake look at facebook, the very idea of it. "Check out sick my friday nights are!", it's really just a circle jerk of ego's. Not to say that everyone who has one is self-absorbed and some hedonistic prick. But that's a different story all together.

Point being, too many people in this generation today view themselves as learned and all important, probably because we don't get enough shit.

I was kinda hoping the recession would turn into a depression just so we could be taught a lesson. The reason we got into it in the first place was because some many people think a credit card is an endless pool of wealth.

Regardless of that though, could some one explain to me WHY this man is in the right and the cops are in the wrong?

And let's please give facts and don't just spew bs about corruption. If you have a link or story that strengthens your claim then post it.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 05:30 PM, Light wrote:
If what Christopher Dorner is saying happens to be true, AND he is targeting cops who happen to be corrupt,

I'll just use this premise to give my opinion on this.

Even if he is only targeting corrupt cops, and no innocents get caught in the crossfire, you still can't just go around killing people. Morals aside it serves no purpose other then gratifying some sunshiny ideal of the killer.

I'm not saying there isn't a corruption problem. There is, and always will be corruption, and we always will need an institution to deal with that, and if that institution is ineffective we have a due process to to deal with that. It's naive to think shooting cops will solve a corruption problem.

Aside from some cult following among some street kids, this guy will achieve nothing. In due time all his strategies and efforts are insignificant and meaningless. This type of idealism is for children.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:12 PM Reply

Y'know who else could edit the content of the LAPD Wiki page?

The LAPD.

There's LIKELY tons of instances of police corruption from that particular department that nobody has even heard of. Shit that have been kept way secret.

Conspiracy has nothing to do with it...that just makes sense to me. It's not like this "blue line" thing that this guy has been talking about is anything new; cops look out for their own, especially when they have everything to lose.

But with the guy in question? He said it himself, that he's after a Camdean Victory.

"The man who wants nothing is invincible."

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:21 PM Reply

No because a good half of this generation is fucked up.

I'm 18, and I know that might discredit me to a degree, but still I see it all around me. A teacher gives a student a hard time because he sleeps in class, and gives the kid a well deserved failing average. And the shit will have the audacity to call said teacher an "asshole".

Lots of people just think that people in power are constantly trying to keep them down.

People actually believe that JFK was killed by a government conspiracy because that crackpot Jim Garrison's bullshit paranoia.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:09 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: And let's please give facts and don't just spew bs about corruption. If you have a link or story that strengthens your claim then post it.

The cops going around shooting innocent people are proving his manifesto correct really. They shot 2 asian ladies and ran someone off the road and fired upon them. Mind you these are innocent people going about their day who are completely unrelated to the matter.

What gives them the right to do that?

And also no one is really justifying his killings, he is in the complete wrong for those. Everyone is just agreeing with him that the cops are corrupt assholes, even the ones that are "good", but protect the asinine behavior of their co-workers.

Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:12 PM, Phobotech wrote: Y'know who else could edit the content of the LAPD Wiki page?

The LAPD.

There's LIKELY tons of instances of police corruption from that particular department that nobody has even heard of. Shit that have been kept way secret.

Conspiracy has nothing to do with it...that just makes sense to me. It's not like this "blue line" thing that this guy has been talking about is anything new; cops look out for their own, especially when they have everything to lose.

But with the guy in question? He said it himself, that he's after a Camdean Victory.

"The man who wants nothing is invincible."

First the only thing this man will get is a bullet in his chest or head, and an infamous legacy, as some nut. Now he's not stupid I won't say that, he's clearly intelligent and his lil manifesto does have some good points.

The proper action here would have been a lawsuit. And if he failed he should've kept trying, many greater men before him have been faced with such adversity and over came it, through peace.

Second, the LAPD has corruption, The LAPD is NOT corrupt.

There's a difference between the two, I have no doubt they have some shady shit hidden down below, but the men searching for him are SWAT, and when's the last time there was corruption in SWAT?

And before you post me a link to innocents being killed in a crossfire between SWAT and some Goons, just know that unless you've ever been in such a situation you have no right to condemn them. The intensity and chaos in a firefight can lead to innocent deaths if there are bystanders, and that's not corruption, that's just the very nature of the subject.

Every organization since the beginning of Man has had such cases when a fight breaks out, hell even with swords and bows, now throw guns in the mix and results should be predictable.

Oh, and for the record I would love to see the firing of those dumbass cops who shot the women in the truck, it may not happen, but there's hardly an excuse for that one. I understand it was dark, but they should be investigated for that.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:09 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote:
Regardless of that though, could some one explain to me WHY this man is in the right and the cops are in the wrong?

lmao, loosen the fuck up.

It ain't about being right. People don't love Darth Vader because he was right. People aren't fascinated with the Joker because he's right. And common murderers and gunman of the past were just psycho fuck-heads...THIS GUY is different, comparatively.

We live in an age where we get fined on the streets for shouting "FUCK."
Where people are getting longer prison sentences for torrents and pot dealing than pedophiles. What this guy represents is a self-righteous villain. With the aid of his manifesto, we can see where he's coming from...and it's not every day that we get to witness a situation unfold where the motivation of the antagonist is actually pretty sound. You'll be hard pressed to find FICTITIOUS villains that have as much pathos as this guy has established.

Granted, that's just an opinion. But who cares.

It's interesting. It's got us talking. He's going for a revenge operation, and unfortunately that means relatives of his targets are going to pay as collateral damage...he's psychologically fucking the LAPD up, and that makes it intense. Concreted only by the tension that comes with the LAPD's every misstep.

So you need to chill, Lumber. Focus your hormonal butt-hurt into something else, because ranting about how WE'RE fucked up for being interested in this story is really kinda pointless and annoying...grab some popcorn and scan the news feed! Nothing WE DO will effect the outcome of this, and it's CLEARLY going to be a part of national history if it indeed escalates.

Moreover, when has this forum taken ANYTHING seriously...it's pretty goddamn rare. Get with the program, and unplug your butt, because it makes you seem tantrummy.

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

I actually have a lot of sympathy for cops, since so many people hate them simply for being cops.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:29 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote:
Second, the LAPD has corruption, The LAPD is NOT corrupt.

I wasn't suggesting the ENTIRETY of the LAPD edited it...all it takes is one, from WITHIN the LAPD, to do it. So I say, generally speaking "The LAPD"

There's a difference between the two, I have no doubt they have some shady shit hidden down below, but the men searching for him are SWAT, and when's the last time there was corruption in SWAT?

You CAN'T be that naive. They are human. There's most CERTAINLY corruption within the SWAT, because "If you look for it, you'll find it."

We just don't particularly pay attention to it, because the SWAT's purpose is inherently violent.

My buddy is a cop in Haltom City, and he recounted that when he did raid training or whatever with them, that on their off time, they were the biggest alcoholics he had ever met in his life. That doesn't mean they're bad people, but it should indicate that there's POTENTIAL for SWAT, SOMEWHERE, to not exactly be on the up and up at all times.

...Wait a minute, what does SWAT have anything to do with it anyway? You're changin' subjects on us, buddy.

BBS Signature
Blitzkrieg667
Blitzkrieg667
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Okay, so some guy was using unnecessary force, this guy retaliated and was punished for it. He's been subject to racism and punished wrongly for things he didn't do. I can understand he'd be pretty pissed about being forced to give up his life over other people being corrupt. Okay, so yeah, he sounds like a decent guy who was fired for standing up for other people and what he believes to be right.

Then he goes on to killing random cops who may very well have been good people, and then kills an innocent person who had nothing to do with the police at all. Yeah, it's kind of hard to stick up for you here. I'm pretty sure there could have been a better solution than killing civilians.